You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boring stuff people do on their holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:29pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Tell you now TJ, when you get to 50+, going for 10 days/two weeks in the sun and lazing by the pool with the head in a book, all inclusive beer on tap and in and out of the pool to cool off is just what the doctor ordered.  The definition of a holiday is to do f**k all physical work other than walk to and from the bar, turn the page of a book, lift one's arm to drink the beer and walk to the jacks every hour cos the beer runs through the bladder (if you don't piss in the pool).

I love me oul sun holiday the past few years.  Hopefully get away early Jan and escape the miserable weather we'll get then.

You most certainly don't have to be 50+ to enjoy that

Can't be the AI for drinks.......Dark Rum and Cherry Slushie straight after breakfast sets you up for the day nicely.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

People who just want to sleep during the day in their rooms in the middle of the afternoon.

That’s because they are out riding at nighttime. You should try it sometime!

Anyway - what is the TJ ideal holiday? What mad stuff do you get up to???

Trap Junior's Ideal Holiday by Trap Junior Esquire

This is a small sample for the people of YBIG but by no means exhaustive.  Go to somewhere with plenty of sites. I would like to go back to Italy and see the Colosseum, Pompeii, etc.. Get up at 10am or 10,30am and have a relaxed nice breakfast and fill the belly.  Decide on 2 or 3 places I want to see that day and stick to it.  Take public transport if possible as you get more a feel of the city than in a hired car. Have a nice lunch out with some local wine or beer, and also a stop off for a coffee or two with local dessert/cake etc..  Take lots of photos of the places and soak in the scenery and history. Retire to the hotel for a swim / cool off/ walk by the beach and get ready for dinner whereby eat some life shortening dinner in a nice restaurant with a few tasty local brews. Maybe take a stroll in the night air and visit a bar or two.  Try to talk to local people and learn some of the language. 

Idea of hell:  Go to Rome. Ignore sites and head straight to Irish Pubs, drink the same beer as you drink at home and stay there all day, get locked and sleep in until 2pm and repeat x7 days.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:57pm
Most people would mix up yours with having some boozeier nights and late rises as well as a day or two by the pool 

pointless thread really 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:07pm
Walked past a British bar in Spain one time that was showing eastenders and coronation street, was packed too. Must be pretty bored to do that on holiday 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:34pm
Post on YBIG
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:35pm
TJ, to a lot of other people what you've described is incredibly boring.

A lot of people work full time and just want to unwind instead of trying to figure out bus routes around foreign cities and looking at architecture and cultural things, learning the language etc.

Each to their own Thumbs Up
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Tell you now TJ, when you get to 50+, going for 10 days/two weeks in the sun and lazing by the pool with the head in a book, all inclusive beer on tap and in and out of the pool to cool off is just what the doctor ordered.  The definition of a holiday is to do f**k all physical work other than walk to and from the bar, turn the page of a book, lift one's arm to drink the beer and walk to the jacks every hour cos the beer runs through the bladder (if you don't piss in the pool).

I love me oul sun holiday the past few years.  Hopefully get away early Jan and escape the miserable weather we'll get then.

You most certainly don't have to be 50+ to enjoy that

Ineed Bhob, just I only really started going on these all-inclusive sun holidays the last 4-5 years.

I really like them and if you wanna go have a kip in the middle of the day in the room or do a horizontal jig or pull the mickey off yourself, who are you TJ to cast aspersions on that? LOLClap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:47pm

People who just want to sleep during the day in their rooms in the middle of the afternoon.

This is a small sample for the people of YBIG but by no means exhaustive.  Go to somewhere with plenty of sites. I would like to go back to Italy and see the Colosseum, Pompeii, etc.. Get up at 10am or 10,30am and have a relaxed nice breakfast and fill the belly.  Decide on 2 or 3 places I want to see that day and stick to it.  Take public transport if possible as you get more a feel of the city than in a hired car. Have a nice lunch out with some local wine or beer, and also a stop off for a coffee or two with local dessert/cake etc..  Take lots of photos of the places and soak in the scenery and history. Retire to the hotel for a swim / cool off/ walk by the beach and get ready for dinner whereby eat some life shortening dinner in a nice restaurant with a few tasty local brews. Maybe take a stroll in the night air and visit a bar or two.  Try to talk to local people and learn some of the language. 

Idea of hell:  Go to Rome. Ignore sites and head straight to Irish Pubs, drink the same beer as you drink at home and stay there all day, get locked and sleep in until 2pm and repeat x7 days.

Believe me TJ, going to see the remains of an ancient city buried by a volcano in 35 (or more) degree heat, the novelty and the well-intentioned idea wears off.

The only excursion I'd be interested in anymore would be to the Nou Camp or some other football ground.  Luckily (even if she wasn't as restricted in terms of mobility as she sadly is) Mrs FW hates those excursions in the heat as well, they absolutely destroy you in terms of energy and boredom and a guide babbling on stuff that you retain for all of 10 seconds.

Check in, eat, drink, read, relax, cool off in the pool and sleep your brains out.  Fook the sights other than those Eastern European rides walking round the pool in their excuses for swimwear. Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Post on YBIG

You must be on holiday so

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:05pm
A bit of both. 

Lounging some days, sussing the place out on the others. Lots of local food and drink. Plenty of music and an oul jump each night.

Golden. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:19pm
Art museums.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:56pm

Think what you've said is common enough when you go on a break to a places like Rome, Prague etc - nothing wrong with that at all. I think the difference comes when you go to a resort by the sea, that's when the irish pubs, drinking, sleeping etc etc come into play more.

PS, have done Rome and all the sites along with Pompeii on a day trip from there, all well worth it 
Some people just deserve a slap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:07pm

"sites" Ermm

Not once, but twice from a decent scribe. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:10pm
Crikey how did I make that mistake! JaysusEmbarrassedLOL

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm

Your day eating/sightseeing/public transport/talk to the locals/beer or two/nice dinner/walk on the beach sounds really good.
But to repeat that x7 days is too much, you need a beach day or a pool day with a good book in between.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:35pm
The Colosseum is the most overrated place on earth. Nice from the outside but the inside is boring as fock. Bailed out after 5 minutes and straight to an Irish bar to watch Harrington to win the Open😎
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
Camp Nou wipes it’s arse with the Colloseum !
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic