You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boring stuff people do on their holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

One thing I could never understand when I worked in a hotel bar was couples that would go away for the weekend, or a few nights or whatever, and they'd just sit at the bar for hours in silence. They wouldn't say a peep to each other except when it came to ordering drinks, but they'd sit there, watching my every move. What a waste of money.

Sounds like an Ideal relationship to me

Edited by OohAah... - 09 Jul 2018 at 2:44pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:49pm

One thing I could never understand when I worked in a hotel bar was couples that would go away for the weekend, or a few nights or whatever, and they'd just sit at the bar for hours in silence. They wouldn't say a peep to each other except when it came to ordering drinks, but they'd sit there, watching my every move. What a waste of money.

Sounds like heaven to me

In Vegas a few years ago and got talking to a couple, who were getting cans and sitting in their room

Edited by horsebox - 09 Jul 2018 at 2:52pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:51pm
Never understood people who bring books with them on Holiday.

Or tablets
Or portable game consoles.

Get a f**king life LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Another thread for TJ to moan in, just what we needed Clap

Thumbs Up
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Sounds like heaven to me

In Vegas a few years ago and got talking to a couple, who were getting cans and sitting in their room

You met TR Andy and his missus in Vegas?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:11pm

Sounds like heaven to me

Sounds like a pal of mine who was there with his missus. An absolute whack-job...were they from Dublin?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Or tablets

Get a f**king life LOL

a book is great , some ***t sits down beside you and you just know they want to start a conversation - you bury your head in a book and they don't bother you

mind you it didn't work in Mainz as I was sitting at the bar reading Beevors Spanish Civil war book and Sligo Hornet still came over and started a conversation ..........
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Sounds like heaven to me

Sounds like a pal of mine who was there with his missus. An absolute whack-job...were they from Dublin?

Riff raff people - the type to avoid at all costs. Dressed from head to toe in Lonsdale.

Sounds like a mate of yours alright

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:01pm

Sounds like heaven to me

Riff raff people - the type to avoid at all costs. Dressed from head to toe in Lonsdale.

BSM was flogging Lonsdale gear a few years ago and all. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:05pm
People who just want to sleep during the day in their rooms in the middle of the afternoon.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Sounds like heaven to me

BSM was flogging Lonsdale gear a few years ago and all. 
Big smile
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:52pm
Irish pubs! There's Irish pubs in Ireland.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:30pm

Or tablets

Get a f**king life LOL

You never understood people that bring books on holidays?! LOL

Ffs Coyne Embarrassed

You know there's travelling involved in holidays and sometimes that may take a lot of hours to do. It's a given you'd take a book with you ( if you're the reading type of course)  or get pissed on the plane. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:31pm
Tell you now TJ, when you get to 50+, going for 10 days/two weeks in the sun and lazing by the pool with the head in a book, all inclusive beer on tap and in and out of the pool to cool off is just what the doctor ordered.  The definition of a holiday is to do f**k all physical work other than walk to and from the bar, turn the page of a book, lift one's arm to drink the beer and walk to the jacks every hour cos the beer runs through the bladder (if you don't piss in the pool).

I love me oul sun holiday the past few years.  Hopefully get away early Jan and escape the miserable weather we'll get then.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

People who just want to sleep during the day in their rooms in the middle of the afternoon.

They tell you they are going for a sleep and then they are off for a horizontal jig.   
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Or tablets

Get a f**king life LOL

get pissed on the plane. 

then sit outside a bar by a canal in Amsterdam and............................. Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Tell you now TJ, when you get to 50+, going for 10 days/two weeks in the sun and lazing by the pool with the head in a book, all inclusive beer on tap and in and out of the pool to cool off is just what the doctor ordered.  The definition of a holiday is to do f**k all physical work other than walk to and from the bar, turn the page of a book, lift one's arm to drink the beer and walk to the jacks every hour cos the beer runs through the bladder (if you don't piss in the pool).

I love me oul sun holiday the past few years.  Hopefully get away early Jan and escape the miserable weather we'll get then.

You most certainly don't have to be 50+ to enjoy that
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That’s because they are out riding at nighttime. You should try it sometime!

Anyway - what is the TJ ideal holiday? What mad stuff do you get up to???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic