Poll Question: Who will make the final?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:59pm
Reading this thread you would wonder what game some people were looking at last night.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

To the people crying about irish fans wanting england to lose do you also cry about man united fans wanting Liverpool to lose, kerry fans wanting cork to lose, tipp fans wanting kilkenny to lose or Dublin fans wanting meath to lose?

There's a million more examples like the above in many different sports. It's not enough your own team does well, your rivals must suffer!
As an Irishman, I don't consider England a rival at all. 

I don't consider any international team as a "rival". 

Some of us don't buy into the cliched bullsh*t which is heaped upon normal people by the self-proclaimed called "best fans in the wuddled". 

The reality is that the final is now being contested between two low profile, uninteresting teams who the vast majority of people have no particular interest in, and the general worldwide interest in the final has declined significantly. 

Had England been involved, the interest and the hype throughout the world would have been massive - because they are BOX OFFICE.  
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

That image makes it look even worse.

I guess those pizza ads with Pearce and Southgate might prove lucrative for Kane after all.

Im guessing you didn’t do higher level maths if you think that’s an open goal.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:13pm
There won’t be less than 3 billion people watching the final Sid.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I very much think there will be. A lot, lot less. 

Presumably you're one of these people that buys into inflated statistics made by sporting organisations about television viewing figures. 

Half a billion people watched the Ryder Cup at the K Club.

I know because an ad before the tournament told me that's how many would be watching. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

What makes its sick is that PPs had Kane & Modric both to hit the target 9/4...PPs use whoscored.com to decide these bets......and..........both had no shots on target! Modric also had 1 shot & 2 Key passes Kane had 2 shots and 1 Key Pass, imo both of these players were off form last night, my man of the match was Ivan Perisic by a country mile he was the main reason Croatia got to the Final, imo.

Modric was off form?! Shocked

Hah. Total nonsense. He ran the show, ffs. The Daily Mail (the Daily f**king Mail!!) made him man of the match and gave him a 9. No serious journalist seems to have given him lower than a 7. And that's even given the fact he wasn't great in the first half, but for the last 75 he was imperious. On the BBC fans' ratings, he was the highest rated player on the Croatia team.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
Modric's performance after halftime was sensational, as good as I have ever seen. I don't know about this moneyball thing of key passes and passes before key passes, but time and again he created space out of nothing.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:04pm

To the people crying about irish fans wanting england to lose do you also cry about man united fans wanting Liverpool to lose, kerry fans wanting cork to lose, tipp fans wanting kilkenny to lose or Dublin fans wanting meath to lose?

There's a million more examples like the above in many different sports. It's not enough your own team does well, your rivals must suffer!

That's what happens in a liberal dictatorship. Everyone must be loved, no matter what their baggage is. 

The bleeding hearts come out of the woodwork every tournament, telling us how much they love the English, and why they "can't understand" why others in this country don't. After 800 years of oppression, if they don't understand it now, they never will.

Collins first words as RTE presenter last weekend, was to boast that "we must congratulate our nearest neighbours" for beating Sweden. While presenting the next match. Er, no we must not. Instead, it just puts our celebrations at our biggest enemies elimination on hold until the next game. 

Last night, the Scots were celebrating, the French, the Germans, the Italians, the Russians, the Argentinians. Not to mention the Colombians, the Croats, and the Aussies.

England are out of the World Cup. Let us and the rest of the world rejoice. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

That's what happens in a liberal dictatorship. Everyone must be loved, no matter what their baggage is. 

The bleeding hearts come out of the woodwork every tournament, telling us how much they love the English, and why they "can't understand" why others in this country don't. After 800 years of oppression, if they don't understand it now, they never will.

Collins first words as RTE presenter last weekend, was to boast that "we must congratulate our nearest neighbours" for beating Sweden. While presenting the next match. Er, no we must not. Instead, it just puts our celebrations at our biggest enemies elimination on hold until the next game. 

Last night, the Scots were celebrating, the French, the Germans, the Italians, the Russians, the Argentinians. Not to mention the Colombians, the Croats, and the Aussies.

England are out of the World Cup. Let us and the rest of the world rejoice. 

f**king hell LOLLOLLOLLOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:45pm
Sid Waffle speak for yourself. I personally find Croatia far more interesting then england. France may have been dull against Denmark and Belgium but England were also dull against Belgium and Croatia. So its not like we are losing a lovely free flowing side. England heavily relying on set pieces.

I personally don't like what England represent historically or even presently with the North still under the Queen. But I don't have blind hatred towards the average English man. I actually enjoyed seeing them get hyped up. But I will not apologise about celebrating them going out. They're the old enemy, current rivals and I want them to keep on losing forever. 
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

In purely sporting terms, they're probably the least arrogant and most likeable English side in living memory.

Then you clearly missed the likes of Trippier laying verbals into a Colombian who went down easy in extra time and Pickford calling Mandzukic a f**king twat while he was down injured after his first chance extra time.

Manduzkic had the last laugh though LOL Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:31am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

dunno if it's been said as I couldn't be arsed scrolling through 20+ pages, but why the f**k didn't trippier tape up whatever muscle was at him, and just get out there and play the last 10 mins???? it was his one and only chance to make a WC Final, yet he let his head rule over his body and wimped out. poor form
He was in bits, could hardly walk yet you want him to strap it up and play on? What use would he have been?

Some people just deserve a slap
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

As an Irishman, I don't consider England a rival at all. 

I don't consider any international team as a "rival". 

Some of us don't buy into the cliched bullsh*t which is heaped upon normal people by the self-proclaimed called "best fans in the wuddled". 

The reality is that the final is now being contested between two low profile, uninteresting teams who the vast majority of people have no particular interest in, and the general worldwide interest in the final has declined significantly. 

Had England been involved, the interest and the hype throughout the world would have been massive - because they are BOX OFFICE.  

ENGLAND are BOXOFFICE  !!!, this is the world cup final sid, its not a sky Monday night hype up game.... , france are low profile..!!!
THE WORLD CUP FINAL is the biggest sporting event in the world
Come on Irelind
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:31pm
This lad has it in a nutshell and not a mention of Modric I am beginning to think is he Wes in disguise the way folk bang on about him on here, end off.

Columnist Alex Keble reflects on the World Cup semi-finals as Gareth Southgate's tactical decisions come under scrutiny.

England are out of the World Cup in heroic, tragic, miserable circumstances. Kieran Trippier's fifth minute free-kick will stay with England fans forever, but only in the same way as Gazza's tears and Chris Waddle's penalty. Croatia should not have been so easily allowed back into the game; experience, both psychological and tactical, ultimately settled the second semi-final.

Twenty-four hours earlier, France and Belgium defied expectations in a pretty tedious last-four fixture, with Didier Deschamps' side edging it courtesy of a Samuel Umtiti header. The France manager's Mourinho-esque football is being tolerated, for now, but having failed to integrate so much young attacking talent he faces a serious backlash should they lose the final.

Manager of the semi-finals – Zlatko Dalic

England dominated the first 45 minutes of the semi-final via long balls down the right for Raheem Sterling to chase. The Croatia centre-backs struggled with his pace while England's supporting midfielders quickly took control of the spaces behind Luka Modric. It should have been all over by half-time.

However, Dalic deserves the plaudits for his side's tactical bravery after the break. Croatia's full-backs pushed higher and were consistently sought out with long diagonal passes. As this feature became more prominent England were pushed back from a 3-5-2 into a 5-3-2, which meant there were big pockets of space in front of the wing-backs.

Croatia's wingers cut inside into these half-gaps, receiving the ball (from the full-backs) in increasing amounts of space. They also peppered the box with crosses to take advantage of the room they had on the flanks, ultimately leading directly to the equaliser.

Prior to kick-off talk had been of Dalic's selection headache in central midfield, and yet playing Inter Milan's Marcelo Brozovic proved to be a masterstroke; he was the architect of many of those raking diagonals to the full-backs.

Tactical error of the semi-finals – Southgate's hesitancy

The mood in England is one of immense pride, and rightly so, but in the cold light of day it is worth considering the tactical flaws of Gareth Southgate during the semi-final defeat to Croatia. It was a day in which Croatia's big-game experience won out, and while many have focused on the calm control of Luka Modric in midfield, the English naivety extends to the benches, too.

Southgate hesitated for far too long in the second half. Croatia's increasing dominance required decisive action from England's inexperienced manager, but instead he failed to make a single substitution until the 74th minute. England were tiring badly, the three central midfielders in particular struggling to cover the width of the pitch once Croatia began switching flanks with those long diagonal balls.

Had Southgate brought Eric Dier onto the pitch earlier then we would not have seen Dele Alli struggle to get across to Sime Vrsaljko before he crossed for Ivan Perisic's equaliser. But it wasn't just about fresh legs. As England were pegged back into a flat five, leaving two up front looked like a huge gamble. Southgate had no plan B to reassert England's authority
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:54pm
Just sped read the past few pages of this thread.

Sweet suffering jesus.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:59pm

Dunno about that. Viewing figures are going to take a massive hit worldwide with the GAA double header at Croke Park at 4pm on Sunday. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Dunno about that. Viewing figures are going to take a massive hit worldwide with the GAA double header at Croke Park at 4pm on Sunday. 

Dead right. As I write amazonian tribesmen are busily constructed temporary satellite dishes made from a donation of milk bottle foils sent to them in the 1970's by the children from the national school in termonfeckin. They are hopeful of tuning into the musings of him known locally as Mr. Umbrella.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:17pm
ClapLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829>
  Share Topic