Poll Question: Who will make the final?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Good to know who all the "West Croatians" are on here, or something.

The difference between Irish people who were supporting England and those who weren't, is that those who did support them tend to have a mind of their own, whereas those who supported ABE tend to be unthinking sheep. 

Sid, maybe some of us in the ABE group were attacked as a 12 year old outside Wembley in 1980, abused and intimidated on ferries travelling to away games for years, spat at by a middle aged woman after we equalized in Wembley in 1991, and maybe felt a tad upset over the events at LR in 1995.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:54am

The difference between Irish people who were supporting England and those who weren't, is that those who did support them tend to have a mind of their own, whereas those who supported ABE tend to be unthinking sheep. 

that's a load of BAAAAAAALICKS sid
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:01pm
Sheep ? On here ? Naaaa. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:02pm

Virtue signalling of the highest order. Trying to imply that you're some kind of enlightened modern man because you want one football team to beat another. 

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:03pm
I know he is a nice guy and all that, he certainly spoke very well and comes across as the sort of guy you would have wanted as your stepdad, even if there would be a fear what any half-siblings would look like, but he seems to be getting a free ride in the press.
I still can't understand why he took Sterling off, although it might be why he is getting a free ride in the press, come to think of it!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
Top fishing from Sid. Hook, line and sinker.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I know he is a nice guy and all that, he certainly spoke very well and comes across as the sort of guy you would have wanted as your stepdad, even if there would be a fear what any half-siblings would look like, but he seems to be getting a free ride in the press.
I still can't understand why he took Sterling off, although it might be why he is getting a free ride in the press, come to think of it!

I'd say they're raging there's no way of pining this on Sterling. I'm actually shocked they haven't found a way to 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:06pm
Don't worry Dinny, they will find him eating a cheap pastry again and haul him over the coals.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:07pm
He exchanged Sterling for Bitcoin you might say and lost
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:07pm
I read a tweet last night from an Irish supporter

"I celebrated England losing to Croatia, as much as I would have celebrated Ireland winning the World Cup because they're our great rivals" or something along those lines.

Even though we're about as relevant to the English football team as Fulham are to Arsenal unfortunately. 

England vs Scotland is a proper rivalry, England vs Ireland really only works one way and it's our supporters who see it as a grudge match whereas they wouldn't.

Northern Ireland to me are our main rivals and has the makings of a proper derby, I would class playing England the same as I would with Wales or Scotland at this stage.

Edited by Green Devil - 12 Jul 2018 at 12:09pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He exchanged Sterling for Bitcoin you might say and lost
If he had used a revolut card.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Virtue signalling of the highest order. Trying to imply that you're some kind of enlightened modern man because you want one football team to beat another. 

Really?

What's "virtue signalling"?

What if I just wanted England to win because I feel more of an affinity to them than the vast majority of other teams, which I do?

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Sheep ? On here ? Naaaa. 
Ah baaaaabs come on now LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

"I celebrated England losing to Croatia, as much as I would have celebrated Ireland winning the World Cup because they're our great rivals" or something along those lines.

Even though we're about as relevant to the English football team as Fulham are to Arsenal unfortunately. 

England vs Scotland is a proper rivalry, England vs Ireland really only works one way and it's our supporters who see it as a grudge match whereas they wouldn't.

Northern Ireland to me are our main rivals and has the makings of a proper derby, I would class playing England the same as I would with Wales or Scotland at this stage.
England don't consider Eire as rivals. They don't even think for a moment about them as rivals. Eire are completely irrelevant to England fans. 

Eire fans considering England as "our great rivals" is like Laois fans considering Dublin as "our great rivals". 

Dublin fans don't give Laois a first thought, never mind a second.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Sid, maybe some of us in the ABE group were attacked as a 12 year old outside Wembley in 1980, abused and intimidated on ferries travelling to away games for years, spat at by a middle aged woman after we equalized in Wembley in 1991, and maybe felt a tad upset over the events at LR in 1995.
Did you go home to Mammy and cry after these things?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm

Between 1988-91 we were.

We played each other four times.

But I agree apart from that England just consider us little Pixieheads.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Between 1988-91 we were.

We played each other four times.

But I agree apart from that England just consider us little Pixieheads.

If we started qualifying for tournaments on a regular basis and actually ended up drawing them in the odd qualifying group than for sure a "mini rivalry" per say could start to develop again, but we simply don't play them anywhere near enough and right now we're not in a good place footballing wise so it's non existent.

Funninly enough, Wales could now be seen as a direct rival.

There is definitely a bit of tension between Coleman's leg break and then us beating them away in Cardiff, you can see from reading their message board a lot of their fans don't like us too much.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:25pm

England don't consider Eire as rivals. They don't even think for a moment about them as rivals. Eire are completely irrelevant to England fans. 

Eire fans considering England as "our great rivals" is like Laois fans considering Dublin as "our great rivals". 

Dublin fans don't give Laois a first thought, never mind a second.

For sure and I agree, seeing as a I said as much Wink

If we drew England in qualifying for the Euro's and be chance met them in the tournament (if we qualified) who knows the rivalry on a lesser scale could develop again. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 29>
  Share Topic