Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He has a brilliantly dry sense of humour. He is a very funny man.

I am not sure he is trying to be funny a lot of the time.  I think he is serious and people laugh.  e.g Robbie Keane breastfeeding comment. I actually think he was serious!

He is a miserable bastard though.  I should know as I am one myself.

Just because you don't understand dark dry humour doesn't mean you should label him as unfunny or him having no sense of humour
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:07pm

I am not sure he is trying to be funny a lot of the time.  I think he is serious and people laugh.  e.g Robbie Keane breastfeeding comment. I actually think he was serious!

He knows. People often don't get it. A bit like how people don't get German humour, part of the humour is the uncertainty.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

England beat Panama, Tunisia & Sweden in this World Cup, that is it!
Exactly - flat-track bullies (though even that tag could be questionable after the hard work they made of beating Tunisia) but once they eventually came up against a decent (first!) team, they were found wanting. 

England will never get a run as handy as that again, never mind the ludicrously easy group they were handed last December. The likes of Germany, Spain, Argentina etc surely won't flop like they did this year to open up a route to the semis like this one. Plus the likes of Italy and Holland will surely qualify for the tournament as well. Qatar 2022 is bound to be a tougher tournament - then we'll see what England (who should have most of that young squad approaching their peak of their careers by then) are made of - presuming they qualify of course! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:08pm
A Night in Turin is a brilliant documentary to be fair.  Poor world cup and they had enough to win it had they gotten past Germany.

Italy or Germany were the best teams followed by England or Yugoslavia. Holland flopped.

Would have liked England in the final as it would have made great drama. Wouldnt like them to win it though.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:12pm

Just because you don't understand dark dry humour doesn't mean you should label him as unfunny or him having no sense of humour

I get it but like I say I think a lot of times he isn't trying to be funny and people just laugh at what he says.

Gary Neville was in stitches as roy was saying you are planning the final etc but he was dead serious and not trying to be funny.  I think people have stockholm syndrome around him. They are afraid of him and look up to him in admiration and fear and laugh at anything he says.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:32pm

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Did he mutter something at the end under his breath like ''grow up you muppet'?
I heard him say 'catch yourself on'. R Keane wasn't impressed at all. LOL

R.Keane doesn't do humour.  Don't think his sense of humour came through customs.  Wright basicalyl said they were only winding him up. Keane's faceLOL

Keano does humour just not everybody gets it!

Wink
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:34pm

Spot on you can see Keane smiling loads he knows exactly what he is doing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:40pm

It was absolute bollocks from Wright, like every other thing he says. There is a reason why he picked him, the man is a spanner.

Spot on Wright is clueless.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:29am
Presume the Ybig footballknowledgeometer has gained a few UEFA coefficient points after predicting that result correctly. We'll drag ourselves out of the relegation zone yet. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:46am
As for the game, it turns out the new England are much the same as the old England when faced with anyone decent. They did well in the WC overall, and it isn't their fault they got a poxy draw, but a lot of lads got carried away after beating a Colombian side who played for about 15 minutes of 120 on penalties and a Sweden who both found their own limitations as well as being piss poor on the day. 

When the going got tough, the likes of Kane & Alli disappeared, I genuinely looked at me phone to check the lineup toward the end of the 90 to see if Kane was still there as I couldn't remember him either touching the ball for what seemed like the entirety of the 2nd half or being taken off. To be fair to him, he wasn't getting much service, but neither did he exactly bully Lovern or Vida out of it as so many had predicted. 

Henderson tried but was predictably overran in midfield when Croatia got a hold on the game, and it may have been a mistake to take off Sterling too, who was giving the Croatians some bother even if the end product didn't amount to much. Lingard made a few good runs and was generally decent enough. Danny Rose offered far more than Young going forward, but it was late on against tired Croatians, maybe if he was on from the start he might have been caught out upfield attacking while there was no chance of that happening to the Jose-drilled, defensive minded Young. 

The defensive errors aren't a shock to anyone who has watched Stones or Walker before, its just at their club, they have a multitude of excellent players who can attack & score more at the other end if they do make a mistake, the stakes were a bit higher this time around and they were found wanting. Although England are getting things right at underage level, I think it would be brave to say that this WC means they will contend at the later stages from here, you need a lot to go right in knockout football from form to injuries to draws & the form of the opposition, it doesn't necessarily follow that they will get another opportunity this good the next time around. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:53am
"The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't. "
Vrsajlko really held back after the game.LOL

A few well chosen words from Modric  on ITV about the English media's lack of respect for Croatia before the game
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:24am
The best part of England's run was being reminded who the West brits were again. No self-respecting irish man should ever want England to win. Bye bye England, gifted an unbelievably easy route to the semis and rightly sent packing tonight. Should be a cracking final now. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:50am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

England beat Panama, Tunisia & Sweden in this World Cup, that is it!

Who’d they beat in 1990?
Cameroon aet and Belgium? 
And Egypt. Drew with the winners, it was a brilliant Belgium side too. Enzo Scifo was class.

That Belgium team was a strong team. They got to the 1/2 finals in 86 with a young Scifo being the ‘young player of the tournament’
That England team was good enough to win it. 
Unlike the current team who had a great draw and tbf they took advantage of it. But there was at least 5/6 teams who were better than them but they didn’t face any of them until the 1/2 final.

There will be a lot of talk about how this young side will do well in 2/4 years time. They won’t get to a final of a major tournament.
Too many countries have better players than them.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:29am
Thank goodness England are gone , it's been a hell of a bad month up until last night .

Love Football Hate England Approve
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Thank goodness England are gone , it's been a hell of a bad month up until last night .

Love Football Hate England Approve

Exactly sick to the back teeth of hearing "its coming home."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:58am
The tournament starts on Sunday, when the tournament is a England free zone. Unfortunately it also ends on Sunday, but we can enjoy the final free of all the hysteria that has clogged up the airwaves, since they nicked Tunisia at the last minute. Of course, their press showed no respect to Croatia beforehand. But that's par for the course. They had their route to the final mapped out after 2 games, and nobody but nobody was going to stop the gravy train on it's way to the weekend.

The only time I wanted England to win anything, in any sport, is when they had to hold onto that lead v Egypt in Cagliari, (for us to go through) which they almost lost. Otherwise, it would have been 6 draws in the group, everyone equal with everyone else, and the drawing of lots to sort out who qualified for the knockout phase and who went home. 5 nights later, they played Belgium in Bologna, and normal service resumed. 

Imo, telling an Irishman to support England, is like asking a Celtic fan to support Rangers in Europe, or vice versa. If they don't understand why that is impossible, then they don't understand sporting rivalry. That no surrender mob, who have bashed and slashed and wrecked and ruined most places they've shown up at, from Lansdowne to Luxembourg, don't deserve any support from anyone bar themselves. Most of them decided to swerve this tournament, in case they weren't given carte blanche to re-arrange Russia. As for their press, it was difficult enough tolerating their hysterics over thrashing Panama. (the worst team in the tournament) So them winning the World Cup is something too hideous to contemplate for not just Irishmen, but plenty of other nationalities too. 

So Croatia have saved us from a weekend of "it's coming home" reports every few minutes. France should win the final, but they should have won the Euros as well, and didn't. In this tournament, they do just enough to win and no more. It would be wonderful for the world game to see a brand new winner, and show that with decent players and competent coaches, small countries with "limited pools of players" can go toe to toe with the biggest in the world game and still succeed.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The best part of England's run was being reminded who the West brits were again. No self-respecting irish man should ever want England to win. 
I didn't want England to win but I despise kunts like you telling people what to do. Fascist.

If anyone wants to be a West Brit then fair play to them it's their choice.

Chucky Our Lord.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:44am
England have had the same amount of shots from open play in this tournament as the Saudis

Englands shots on target from open play (600 mins):
Croatia - 0
Sweden - 1
Colombia - 0
Belgium - 1
Panama - 2 
Tunisia -2

Saudi Arabia shots on target from open play (180 mins):
Egypt - 5
Uruguay - 1 
Russia - 0

A nice stat for any of your tan friends today telling you how brave and impressive their "young lions" were. 

Edited by eboue16 - 12 Jul 2018 at 3:20pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 29>
  Share Topic