Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

They were clearly better than both sides on paper and in the game itself. In fairness, there was only one side that deserved to win in the England v Colombia game.

Yet you'll say a Croatia team that beat 2 poor teams on penalties are favourites for this.

You really can't accept people having a different opinion to you can you.

I’m waiting to after the match before voting on this.
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:27pm

They were clearly better than both sides on paper and in the game itself. In fairness, there was only one side that deserved to win in the England v Colombia game.

Yet you'll say a Croatia team that beat 2 poor teams on penalties are favourites for this.

Where does it say that people have to vote with their footballing preference? 

The majority of Irish football fans do not like the England football team, how can there be any argument? I was pretty sure that England would be in the final as soon as I saw the draw, that doesn't mean I won't vote against them in a silly ybig poll.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:28pm

England comfortable won the game as their ability would suggest. People had a Swedish team who we would fancy ourselves against to beat them.

Give over.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:28pm

Croatia were average in their last 2 games. The extras are relatively evenly matched, England maybe have more quality in their starting 11.

Croatia are after 2 games in a row which went 120 minutes.

I look forward to coming back here after England have won and seeing the poll at 27-5 in favour of Croatia or some such rubbish.

LOL

Who the f**k pissed in your cornflakes. How dare anyone have an opinon different to yours Shocked

Just find it funny that a majority of people on here had Colombia and then Sweden to beat England.

If you are going to be voting based on hatred for England then it's stupid. And that is something which has clearly been happening.

The comments in both prior England threads have talked about how bad they are and lucky they are, I expect mine will stand out quite a bit for actually looking at the football rather than our own history with each nation.

Prove it like a good lad.

Probably better we call it hatted because a majority of people on here having Sweden to beat England reflects quite embarrassingly on their footballing knowledge.

You're a real sour f**ker. Embarrassed

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Jul 2018 at 10:28pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:28pm

Croatia were average in their last 2 games. The extras are relatively evenly matched, England maybe have more quality in their starting 11.

I look forward to coming back here after England have won and seeing the poll at 27-5 in favour of Croatia or some such rubbish.

LOL

Who the f**k pissed in your cornflakes. How dare anyone have an opinon different to yours Shocked

Just find it funny that a majority of people on here had Colombia and then Sweden to beat England.

If you are going to be voting based on hatred for England then it's stupid. And that is something which has clearly been happening.

The comments in both prior England threads have talked about how bad they are and lucky they are, I expect mine will stand out quite a bit for actually looking at the football rather than our own history with each nation.

This is not a bookies.

People are clearly voting based on what they want to happen rather then what they expect to happen.

It's not a big deal.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:30pm

England comfortable won the game as their ability would suggest. People had a Swedish team who we would fancy ourselves against to beat them.

Give over.

I wouldn't 

BTW they beat Italy to qualify for Russia  in case you missed it

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Jul 2018 at 10:31pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:32pm
The only certainty I would have for a game between ourselves and Sweden is that it would be a snoozefest.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:51pm
Very hard to call. It's guess and say England due to their set play ability shown. But wouldn't put my house on it.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:53pm

LOL

Sweden were a well set up team in the run up to the match today more than enough for people to think they could possibly nick it. Colombia were only beaten on penalties. England were far from impressive in that game IMO. 

Apologies if this upsets such a sensitive soul like yourself 

How apt coming from the lad who said "that is a pretty serious allegation" when someone said you had an anti English agenda LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Where does it say that people have to vote with their footballing preference? 

The majority of Irish football fans do not like the England football team, how can there be any argument? I was pretty sure that England would be in the final as soon as I saw the draw, that doesn't mean I won't vote against them in a silly ybig poll.

So you thought England would reach the final from the last 16?

Care to back that up with a post? Fair play if you can. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

LOL

Sweden were a well set up team in the run up to the match today more than enough for people to think they could possibly nick it. Colombia were only beaten on penalties. England were far from impressive in that game IMO. 

Apologies if this upsets such a sensitive soul like yourself 

How apt coming from the lad who said "that is a pretty serious allegation" when someone said you had an anti English agenda LOL

And I held up my hands about it later. So your point is  ?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
Whether you held your hands up after is irrelevant, easy call others sensistive when you overreacted over a petty comment.

And for what it's worth, I don't think he was being overly sensistive because what he said was spot on.

A lot of posters opinions are based on what they wanted to happen (seeing England lose) than actually being fair with their anaylsis. 

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
The Croatians are a horrible shower of Nazis.

Any Russians in the crowd better cheer for their old war ally, or they'll merely be proving Boris Johnson correct. 

ENGLAND for me. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:03pm
In regard to the betting markets, Croatia at 12/5 is an outrageous price.

I actually can't get over it Shocked

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:14pm
Lads getting worked up because of polls on here. LOL

FFS, I always vote for the underdog. It means f**k all.

Anyway, hope Croatia wipe the floor with the Tan ****s. Soundest fans I met in 2012 Euros.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Lads getting worked up because of polls on here. LOL

FFS, I always vote for the underdog. It means f**k all.

Anyway, hope Croatia wipe the floor with the Tan ****s. Soundest fans I met in 2012 Euros.

Much, much, much better looking women too, which is very important
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:45pm
I don't really get this post match idea that England were always going to swat Sweden aside today. Sweden knocked the Dutch out in the qualifying group. The Italians out in the play offs. Beat the Mexican team who beat Germany 2-0, 3-0 and topped their world cup group and have very often been a bogey team for England. Today apart from the 3 very good chances they made they were awful. Why they had such a massive drop off in performance is hard to say.They looked very lethargic and lacking in energy right from the kick off.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:56pm
Its only the English fans and the Brits on here who thought that Jack.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>
  Share Topic