Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1/2 Final: England v Croatia Wed @ 7 pm
    Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:54pm
There are no words .....

Prediction: England win this by 1-0.

Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:02pm
Match 6 and England finally face a very good team.Lets see how good they are. Croatia 2-1
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:05pm
The last 2 games will have taken a lot out of Croatia. If they can recover I can see them winning they're a very good team. If they can't it's advantage England 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Jul 2018 at 10:05pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:08pm
England to win this by the odd goal, Croatia have been unimpressive since the group stage.

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:10pm
Croatia were average in their last 2 games. The teams are relatively evenly matched, England maybe have more quality in their starting 11, and certainly more off the bench.

Croatia are after 2 games in a row which went 120 minutes.

I look forward to coming back here after England have won and seeing the poll at 27-5 in favour of Croatia or some such rubbish.

Edited by E2016 - 07 Jul 2018 at 10:11pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Croatia were average in their last 2 games. The extras are relatively evenly matched, England maybe have more quality in their starting 11.

I look forward to coming back here after England have won and seeing the poll at 27-5 in favour of Croatia or some such rubbish.

LOL

Who the f**k pissed in your cornflakes. How dare anyone have an opinon different to yours Shocked
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:12pm
I think there is a genuine difference from facing Panama's finest, and Whabi Khazri, or a James Rodriguez less Colombia, and this Croatia team. In the face of adversity they have seen off Denmark and Russia (and should have beaten both in normal time), hammered Argentina and made light work of a handy Nigeria. They are a decent team, who are well organised and have a spread of decent players.

There is not much between the teams, but Croatia are very experienced and have players who have been part of Europe's premier cadre for several years now, and their presence in the first teams at Real/Athletico Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, and Fiorentina speaks to that. The point is, this is the strongest team that England have faced in some time. They have also won two penalty shootouts, with Subasic being the star.

England though will justifiably fancy their chances, and I dont think they will fear this Croatian team. They will also look at the Russian goal, and take heart from Croatia being less that robust from the set piece.

A good game is in store.

Edited by Het-field - 07 Jul 2018 at 10:13pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:14pm
If Modric is at the top of his game Croatia will win.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:15pm
It is worrying that Croatia have played so many mins as the robot said and needed 2 penalty shootouts to progress. They have more natural ability than England but are lacking a bit of energy more youth would provide. I hope its not the downfall of this Croatian team.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Croatia were average in their last 2 games. The extras are relatively evenly matched, England maybe have more quality in their starting 11.

LOL

Who the f**k pissed in your cornflakes. How dare anyone have an opinon different to yours Shocked

Just find it funny that a majority of people on here had Colombia and then Sweden to beat England.

If you are going to be voting based on hatred for England then it's stupid. And that is something which has clearly been happening.

The comments in both prior England threads have talked about how bad they are and lucky they are, I expect mine will stand out quite a bit for actually looking at the football rather than our own history with each nation.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:19pm

Croatia were average in their last 2 games. The teams are relatively evenly matched, England maybe have more quality in their starting 11, and certainly more off the bench.

I look forward to such things as drinking pints of Guinness in a dark corner of a pub at 10 o clock in the morning and going home before ****s like you come out.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I look forward to such things as drinking pints of Guinness in a dark corner of a pub at 10 o clock in the morning and going home before ****s like you come out.

Good man. Enjoy them.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:20pm

LOL

Just find it funny that a majority of people on here had Colombia and then Sweden to beat England.

If you are going to be voting based on hatred for England then it's stupid. And that is something which has clearly been happening.

The comments in both prior England threads have talked about how bad they are and lucky they are, I expect mine will stand out quite a bit for actually looking at the football rather than our own history with each nation.

Prove it like a good lad.

Sweden were a well set up team in the run up to the match today more than enough for people to think they could possibly nick it. Colombia were only beaten on penalties. England were far from impressive in that game IMO. 

Apologies if this upsets such a sensitive soul like yourself 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:23pm
jaysus lads on periods everywhere after an England win. Calm yourselves there kids 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

LOL
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:23pm
They were clearly better than both sides on paper and in the game itself. In fairness, there was only one side that deserved to win in the England v Colombia game.

Yet you'll say a Croatia team that beat 2 poor teams on penalties are favourites for this.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:24pm

They were clearly better than both sides on paper and in the game itself. In fairness, there was only one side that deserved to win in the England v Colombia game.

Yet you'll say a Croatia team that beat 2 poor teams on penalties are favourites for this.

You really can't accept people having a different opinion to you can you.

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:26pm

LOL

Prove it like a good lad.

Probably better we call it hatted because a majority of people on here having Sweden to beat England reflects quite embarrassingly on their footballing knowledge.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic