You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 FAI Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Brought a group of kids today and they loved it. As usual it's best atmosphere of the year in Lansdowne. 

As for game, thought Dundalk were much better. Real sense thats the closest Cork will come to them for. good few years -  think Cork will struggle for top 3 next season
LOL
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk. 
Agree on with Cork bring unlikable, Caulfield especially. 
Dundalk deserved it today, good to see such a big crowd too 
Rovers have had a similar budget to Cork City the past few years and have not really been close to us, if rovers can bridge that gap to second they will be doing well.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 7:11am

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk. 
Agree on with Cork bring unlikable, Caulfield especially. 
Dundalk deserved it today, good to see such a big crowd too 
Rovers have had a similar budget to Cork City the past few years and have not really been close to us, if rovers can bridge that gap to second they will be doing well.
Rovers finished 15 off Cork this season, but in the second half of the season Rovers collected 3 more points than Cork, the second series of games killed Rovers this season. I can’t see Rovers having such a bad start next season & Cork having such a good start especially if they’re trimming high earners. 
I’d fully expect it to be far closer next season 

And I can’t see em dropping 10/12 points against a team with 1/3 their budget next season too Wink although I hope I’m wrong on all counts! 

Edited by 9fingers - 05 Nov 2018 at 7:23am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:12am

I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk

think Cork will struggle for top 3 next season
Been hearing this for about 3 years now 
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:34am
great day out, both sets off fans where fantastic. Dundalk deserved winners.
Pablo Escobar View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk

think Cork will struggle for top 3 next season
Been hearing this for about 3 years now 
Yeah, it's actually quite funny. It's as if the rest of the league don't realise how poor they are. We never really got going at all this season and still ended up with a big points total.

If we were to finish outside of the top 3, even with a substantial loss of players from the squad (and let's not forget, they'll be replaced), but still with a sizeable budget relative to most clubs, it would be a disaster. I just don't see it at all.

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 10:20am
I'm biased but can't see how anyone can say Dundalk were much the better team yesterday. Sure, in the round, they are much better but not yesterday. For all the talk of their passing game there was v little between the sides and 95% of Dundalks pressure / chances came from good old fashioned set pieces.

I thought both teams were v poor in ball retention generally.

On the positive side it was a cracking atmosphere, great crowd from both teams (v impressive from Dundalk given their size, v impressive from Cork given the 7 hour round trip) and no rancour at all.

Anyways congrats to Dundalk. Hard to see them being stopped next year either.
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 1:43pm
I see the doncaster rovers manager in the crowd watching Sadlier , interesting to see what happens with him! 
royal rover
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

I see the doncaster rovers manager in the crowd watching Sadlier , interesting to see what happens with him! 
Id say it’s safe to say he will go back to manage Doncaster
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:03pm
LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

Id say it’s safe to say he will go back to manage Doncaster

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:10pm
Decent enough game. Nothing much in it but felt Cork didn't really believe they could win it...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:40pm
I thought the standard was poor. The two best teams in the league have gone back a lot.
pah91 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pah91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 3:03pm
Looking for a match programme if anyone has one to spare or knows someone selling one give us a shout mine got robbed at the match
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 5:37pm
Agree there PM the quality wasn’t great but it was still a good watch, bit too much tension out there for a flowing game, maybe they just know one another too well now.
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 10:21pm
/-///////

Edited by 1980 - 05 Nov 2018 at 11:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic