You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 FAI Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:24pm
Worst possible draw for City i think. Dundalk essentially in the final and a tough semi for City. Really wanted Dundalk at home in this, would probably have even preferred them away. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise.

I'm talking about them being drawn together. Playing each other is not the issue.

And I'm talking about them being drawn together very specifically in semi final draws, because there is a 1/3 chance of them being drawn together in a semi final draw, therefore logically it is likely they would have been drawn together at least once in the 3 draws that have happened in the last 3 years.

This has not happened. I would bet they won't be drawn together this year either if they both make the semis.

told youse
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:30pm
hot and cold  balls
Come on Irelind
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:15pm

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise.

I'm talking about them being drawn together. Playing each other is not the issue.

And I'm talking about them being drawn together very specifically in semi final draws, because there is a 1/3 chance of them being drawn together in a semi final draw, therefore logically it is likely they would have been drawn together at least once in the 3 draws that have happened in the last 3 years.

This has not happened. I would bet they won't be drawn together this year either if they both make the semis.

told youse

Not exactly an oracle seeing as thete was a 67% chance of this happening. Are people serious when they suggest this was fixed as i cant see why anybody would want the same final four years in a row. Anyway City have a hard draw and have a lot of work to do to be there no matter what. I dont see how this draw could have gone worse for us. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

told youse

Not exactly an oracle seeing as thete was a 67% chance of this happening. Are people serious when they suggest this was fixed as i cant see why anybody would want the same final four years in a row. Anyway City have a hard draw and have a lot of work to do to be there no matter what. I dont see how this draw could have gone worse for us. 

Away to Dundalk?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

told youse

Away to Dundalk?

Wouldn't have been ideal obviously but i honestly would have preferred it. I wanted Dundalk in the semi, at home obviously the preference but this is arguably the hardest way for us to win the cup. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:01pm
Cork fans throwing cans at Dano Kelly on the way in to Lansdowne today Embarrassed

Prediction Dundalk 2-0 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:03pm
any Ybiggers heading to this and having pints beforehand?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:42pm
Yeah, heading to the Square Ball now for one before the match.
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:48pm
Before yous are all down the pub, anybody got a reliable link to this that will play outside of Ireland. RTE Player just freezes and the app can't be downloaded on my device (only apple and android).

Thanks in advance, from an increasingly pissed off Dundalk fan in the us Thumbs Up

'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Humpy Gussy Humpy Gussy wrote:

Before yous are all down the pub, anybody got a reliable link to this that will play outside of Ireland. RTE Player just freezes and the app can't be downloaded on my device (only apple and android).

Thanks in advance, from an increasingly pissed off Dundalk fan in the us Thumbs Up

Download Mobdro onto your phone from the website (don't use the Play Store or app Store to do it)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:07pm
Just saw the Girls Fai Cup and i have to say well done to the Youths .
The PU Centre forward is a cheating fooking Bitch and should have been sent off with dives in the box and much more .  
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

The PU Centre forward is a cheating fooking Bitch and should have been sent off with dives in the box and much more .  
LOLLOLLOL A little OTT perhaps CM!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:41pm

PU robbed of 2 stone wall penos cheating hun referee 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

PU robbed of 2 stone wall penos cheating hun basta referee 

Fixed Wink
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:03pm
does anyone know if premium level tickets can be bought anywhere today? 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:10pm
Think dundalk will win this today. Going for 2-0.  There's a confidence around dundalk.

Looking forward to a good game 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

PU robbed of 2 stone wall penos cheating hun basta referee 

Fixed Wink
Thanks HUN Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic