Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 FAI Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

No shocks tonight. Let's hope cork get dundalk in the quarter finals. Bohs must fancy there chances. But if at least one of the big 2 were out of the way before the semi finals the rest could start dreaming.

get a grip man LOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:49pm
Happy with Waterfords draw but cup football is funny and we have to on our game against UCD 

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 
Longford Town vs Cork City 

Would love the semis to be Waterford vs Bohs and Dundalk vs Cork City but tbh a Dundalk or Cork City cup win could suite Waterford if we finish 4th in the league (We get the last Europa league spot)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Happy with Waterfords draw but cup football is funny and we have to on our game against UCD 

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

Would love the semis to be Waterford vs Bohs and Dundalk vs Cork City but tbh a Dundalk or Cork City cup win could suite Waterford if we finish 4th in the league (We get the last Europa league spot)
Has it been confirmed that Waterford will be allowed to play in Europe? There had been question marks over it the club actually would be allowed as technically it's a new club and you must be playing 3 years to be allowed into Europe 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

Has it been confirmed that Waterford will be allowed to play in Europe? There had been question marks over it the club actually would be allowed as technically it's a new club and you must be playing 3 years to be allowed into Europe 

This should have been confirmed ages ago, there are four clubs chasing fifth and it could be a very exciting finish. Is their any history of a club getting a dispensation on this or is that just optimism from Waterford? 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:03am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

This should have been confirmed ages ago, there are four clubs chasing fifth and it could be a very exciting finish. Is their any history of a club getting a dispensation on this or is that just optimism from Waterford? 

all cleared up. only online rumours. there was no new club. only new chairman, debts paid off and a change of name as we dropped United and went back to F.C. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

all cleared up. only online rumours. there was no new club. only new chairman, debts paid off and a change of name as we dropped United and went back to F.C. 

There was a new trading entity set up in December 2016 alright. Who exactly cleared this all up? 
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 11:22am

There was a new trading entity set up in December 2016 alright. Who exactly cleared this all up? 

My understanding is that even though there was a new trading entity set up, all the debts of the previous entity were paid up and therefore Waterford will be eligible for Europe.

Is the FAI cup one of the most rigged draws in Europe? Handy draws for the top 3 teams in the league and the next ranked team get a home draw.

I'm not very good at maths, but Cork and Dundalk have avoided each other for the last 3 semi finals in a row, I wonder what the mathematical probability of them avoiding each other in four consecutive semi final draws would have been. Any mathematicians out there?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

My understanding is that even though there was a new trading entity set up, all the debts of the previous entity were paid up and therefore Waterford will be eligible for Europe.

Is the FAI cup one of the most rigged draws in Europe? Handy draws for the top 3 teams in the league and the next ranked team get a home draw.

I'm not very good at maths, but Cork and Dundalk have avoided each other for the last 3 semi finals in a row, I wonder what the mathematical probability of them avoiding each other in four consecutive semi final draws would have been. Any mathematicians out there?

I'd be surprised if we've heard the last of this but back to the FAI Cup anyway. 

Odds are slightly under 20% for 4, just under 30% for three in a row. Surprised people think the FAI want a City - Dundalk final, I'd say they'd love a new tie as would everyone.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:21pm
Chances of them not meeting each other through the entire competition for 3 years is 13.5%, chances of 4 years is 7.3%, presuming there is no seeding in the earlier rounds, which there isn't as far as I am aware?

Edited by The White Cafu - 28 Aug 2018 at 12:21pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Chances of them not meeting each other through the entire competition for 3 years is 13.5%, chances of 4 years is 7.3%, presuming there is no seeding in the earlier rounds, which there isn't as far as I am aware?

Nope, open draw
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:30pm

I'd be surprised if we've heard the last of this but back to the FAI Cup anyway. 

Odds are slightly under 20% for 4, just under 30% for three in a row. Surprised people think the FAI want a City - Dundalk final, I'd say they'd love a new tie as would everyone.

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise. Football teams have been excluded from the FAI Cup this year like other years, this is stuff to get concerned about.

Delighted for the UCD AFC v Waterford FC tie. Two previous cup ties used up three different venues so UCD Bowl will be a fourth venue.
Pretty cool. #COYBIB

www.ucdsupporters.ie
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise.

I'm talking about them being drawn together. Playing each other is not the issue.

And I'm talking about them being drawn together very specifically in semi final draws, because there is a 1/3 chance of them being drawn together in a semi final draw, therefore logically it is likely they would have been drawn together at least once in the 3 draws that have happened in the last 3 years.

This has not happened. I would bet they won't be drawn together this year either if they both make the semis.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 10:18am

Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise.

I'm talking about them being drawn together. Playing each other is not the issue.

And I'm talking about them being drawn together very specifically in semi final draws, because there is a 1/3 chance of them being drawn together in a semi final draw, therefore logically it is likely they would have been drawn together at least once in the 3 draws that have happened in the last 3 years.

This has not happened. I would bet they won't be drawn together this year either if they both make the semis.

I don't think you understand the maths all that well to be honest. 30% is about 7-3 in betting terms. Shamrock were probably what 11-2 to win last night? So while it wasn't the most like outcome there is nothing alarming about it. 

Again there's probably noone in the country that wants another City - Dawk final so I just don't get this theory.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:29pm
Didn't think it was a red card but an absolutely stupid tackle from Meenan.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:54pm
You can hear every curse from the Longford fans in the stand LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 10:30pm
Very bad night for Waterford 

2-1 loss away too UCD 

Really disappointed with the performance esp with the amount of supporters who travelled up to the game. The penalty we scored was the only chance we really had and UCD deserved the win 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:57pm
Dundalk vs UCD 
Bohs/Derry vs City

Very good chance of seeing a City-Dundalk final for the fourth season running, but while Dundalk should get past UCD without too much issue, Bohs or Derry will be a tough test for City. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:10pm
I look forward to Bohs being a “tough test” for youse, feckin langers. After we beat the hurdygurdyaye shower
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic