You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1/4 Final: England v Sweden Sat @ 3 pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Poll Question: Who will advance to the semi finals?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [52.50%]
19 [47.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1/4 Final: England v Sweden Sat @ 3 pm
    Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:23am
The YBIG forum loves nothing more than cheering on their fav English team at 3pm on a Sat afternoon. 
Folks, It wasn’t a dream, it really is England playing Sweden for a place in the semi finals of the 2018 WC.

England: Winners in 1966
It’s your worst nightmare coming true. Their side of the draw has really opened up with all the big names falling. They actually haven’t knocked out any big names but the hyperbole continues. They seem to have a capable manager who has them playing without fear which has crushed previous English teams. They have beaten nobody of note but are in the 1/4’s and Sweden would be regarded as the weakest team in the last 8. Their luck continues. 

Sweden: Finalist in 58
I still can’t believe this is their 12th WC. 
Without Zlatan this was suppose to be a period of transition for the swedes but they have already knocked out the Italians and topped their group dismantling Mexico.
They are a well organised team with players of the same ilk as Eire.
They have a good record against England and won’t underperform like Colombia did.

Prediction: I see people crying all over Ireland, scotland and Wales. England to win 1-0. 

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:45am
England 1-0.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:49am
England 2-0
Some people just deserve a slap
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:49am
England 1-0 Kane
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:28am
Would love f Sweden won but can't see past England
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:15am
Southgate has banished the penos nightmares.
England wont fear Sweden and will have likely have great difficulty in breaking them down, but they will eventually.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:25am
Draw - 0-0 or 1-1
England on Penos
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:53am
Hon Sweden...Thankfully back in Ireland for this. Smugness levels I can confirm are intolerable
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:18pm

I wonder if he'll be brave enough to change the starting line up?

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I wouldn't think so. I mean they have played pretty decent so far. Back line looking strong and scored a few goals along the way. England might well change their line up though.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:25pm
No need really, Sweden don't offer much going forward, if they can contain Colombia and Belgium for as long as they did, I can't see Sweden scoring against them.

It's going forward is the problem. Who do you spring from the bench to crack a stubborn backline, who's their Wes Houlihan
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:50pm
Some Irish people make me cringe when they go on and on about how the English commentators / media big up their team during tournaments. Of course they do and why wouldn't they? It's their f**king media, not ours. Here's a tip, lads. Don't watch it on BBC/ITV, and buy Irish newspapers. Wink
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:53pm
Every nation's media will do it, the main difference is that other nation's nationalism doesn't evoke hatred of others. See Brexit.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Some Irish people make me cringe when they go on and on about how the English commentators / media big up their team during tournaments. Of course they do and why wouldn't they? It's their f**king media, not ours. Here's a tip, lads. Don't watch it on BBC/ITV, and buy Irish newspapers. Wink

It's a nice recommendation but many fans are hooked on their hatred of England. They luv it!
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I wouldn't think so. I mean they have played pretty decent so far. Back line looking strong and scored a few goals along the way. England might well change their line up though.
Sterling maybe, was very poor last night. Alli didnt look fit so could be 1/2 changes, maybe Rashford coming in
Some people just deserve a slap
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
2-0 to England in the 90.

Sweden are a rock solid team. Can't see them being stupid enough to give away a penalty from set piece which has been the source of quite a few England goals. England will really need to be on top of their game. One plus for England is how poor Berg and Toivonen (sic?) have been up front for Sweden. Sweden's attacking threat is quite limited. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 04 Jul 2018 at 2:50pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
Alli should be dropped but other than that the same team.

Whoever scores the first goals wins this.

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:25pm
0-0 written all over it but England may carry the confidence into pens so will have enough to get through. But if they play like they did last night they won't score against the Swedes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic