You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Europa League 2018/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm
Joao Felix with a hat trick for Benfica but Eintracht Frankfurt have pulled it back to 4 2.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:56pm
Huge result for Arsenal. Decent game to watch. Ramsey chance could have killed it.

Be nice to see the likes of Cech finish up there with a Europa League win if they do it. Will be tough in Naples though, that Arsenal defence is still wide open.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:03pm
Great results for Manchester United. Arsenal and Chelsea both advancing enhances the prospects of both teams dropping more points in the Premier League. Arsenal are like a lion at home but a pussy cat away from home. The prospect of Arsenal and Chelsea both finishing outside the top 4 and making the Europa League Final is mouthwatering. All football purists should want that! Essentially an all London Derby where the winner gets a Champions League spot. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Huge result for Arsenal. Decent game to watch. Ramsey chance could have killed it.

Be nice to see the likes of Cech finish up there with a Europa League win if they do it. Will be tough in Naples though, that Arsenal defence is still wide open.

Napoli were nowhere near as poor in in any game their CL group as they were tonight. Couldn't believe how sluggish they were in possession. It's a fantastic lead for Arsenal with no away goals conceded. They should ride it out. 

It'll be a Chelsea vs Arsenal or Valencia final. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:18pm
Did they make the draw for the semi finals for this too, or was that only with the CL?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Did they make the draw for the semi finals for this too, or was that only with the CL?

Yah they can't meet each other until the final.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:37pm
3 best teams are Chelsea, Arsenal and Napoli.

I think it will be Chelsea v Arsenal final.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:42pm
It would be funny if Villarreal got relegated and win the Europa League. I’d like to see a second division team in the Champions League.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:55pm
Valencia are 5/1 to win it outright, think thats a nice price. They've been significantly better over the last few months, if they get a full strength team out for the rest of the competition they will be tough to beat. Guedes is back fit and in form too, a huge asset to them
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Napoli were nowhere near as poor in in any game their CL group as they were tonight. Couldn't believe how sluggish they were in possession. It's a fantastic lead for Arsenal with no away goals conceded. They should ride it out. 

I watched Napoli against Genoa at the weekend. Really poor stuff. Had the feeling of a team just playing out the season. Going to finish 2nd in Serie A but title was gone months ago. Haven't seen many of their league games recently but if that is what's going on, it will be very tough to turn it back on.

In saying that Napoli at home in a knockout European tie should be a different kettle of fish. Arsenal aren't exactly the strongest defensively either. Away goals could be huge in the end I think.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Great results for Manchester United. Arsenal and Chelsea both advancing enhances the prospects of both teams dropping more points in the Premier League. Arsenal are like a lion at home but a pussy cat away from home. The prospect of Arsenal and Chelsea both finishing outside the top 4 and making the Europa League Final is mouthwatering. All football purists should want that! Essentially an all London Derby where the winner gets a Champions League spot. 

Arsenal are tenth in the Premier League away table and have four of their last six away from home. United have four at home from their last six (admittedly, one at home to City).

I'd be confident United will finish above Arsenal.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:40am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Arsenal are tenth in the Premier League away table and have four of their last six away from home. United have four at home from their last six (admittedly, one at home to City).

I'd be confident United will finish above Arsenal.

I concur.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:56am
Arsenal won't have it as easy in the 2nd leg. Napoli should be a completely different prospect at home with their support. As bad as they played last night, they still should have had a couple of goals. Monreal had the worst game I've seen him play in a long time, every Napoli chance came down his side, he didn't seem to be comfortable on the left of the 3, which is unusual because he's played there loads of times.

Arsenal should have had a couple more goals, and it may come back to haunt them, considering their poor away record.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:58am
Chelsea 'fans' living down to their reputation again: Disapprove

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:15am
About a former player too, however small his contribution was.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:17am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I watched Napoli against Genoa at the weekend. Really poor stuff. Had the feeling of a team just playing out the season. Going to finish 2nd in Serie A but title was gone months ago. Haven't seen many of their league games recently but if that is what's going on, it will be very tough to turn it back on.

In saying that Napoli at home in a knockout European tie should be a different kettle of fish. Arsenal aren't exactly the strongest defensively either. Away goals could be huge in the end I think.

I watch a fir bit of them and they have been just going through the motions recently with the exception of spanking Roma 2 weeks ago.

I would expect them to be much better at home

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 11:07am
Arsenal launching an investigation into a social media post where Koulibaly was racially abused. Havent seen the post but considering Arsenal's history of having black players as part of their team, it really is shameful.

There really is a small section of gobsh*tes supporting each club.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Valencia are 5/1 to win it outright, think thats a nice price. They've been significantly better over the last few months, if they get a full strength team out for the rest of the competition they will be tough to beat. Guedes is back fit and in form too, a huge asset to them
I believe Valencia were unbeaten in 17 league games before losing to Rayo last weekend. Just saw now that they won 3-1 last night. I checked on 88 minutes and it was 1-1. Shocked

Think Valencia will pip Getafe to fourth and 5/1 is a great price for them for the Europa League. They've been excellent since Christmas.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic