Europa League 2018/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:47pm
Arsenal, Chelsea and Valencia as good as through at half time. Frankfurt Benfica is a great game, Frankfurt need one more. 
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:32am

Denis Suárez out of the Arsenal match through injury tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:51pm
That Joao Felix fella who scored a hat-trick for Benfica against Eintracht last night.  Shocked Remember the name.  Superstar in waiting
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I have a feeling Frankfurt could be a worth a bet. 20/1 or so outright. Can see them turning it around against Benfica in the 2nd leg. If they managed that Chelsea in the SF then. I have a sneaky feeling for them. Based on very little I must add LOL

The 2nd leg should be good, can see Eintracht Frankfurt winning 2-0 or 3-1. Eintracht are the kind of side that Arsenal or Chelsea will not enjoy playing against, they are very physical and the front two of Ante Rebic and Luka Jovic are excellent.

That confirms my bet on a wee bit of a whim Thumbs Up

E/W is probably the value but I'll go for the outright win
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:08pm

I have a feeling Frankfurt could be a worth a bet. 20/1 or so outright. Can see them turning it around against Benfica in the 2nd leg. If they managed that Chelsea in the SF then. I have a sneaky feeling for them. Based on very little I must add LOL

The 2nd leg should be good, can see Eintracht Frankfurt winning 2-0 or 3-1. Eintracht are the kind of side that Arsenal or Chelsea will not enjoy playing against, they are very physical and the front two of Ante Rebic and Luka Jovic are excellent.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 12 Apr 2019 at 4:09pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:39pm

At least you were being 'Frank' in your views.

Big smile
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:37pm
Eintracht are going very well and if it wasn't for the man sent off last night they could have been 3-2 or 4-3 which would have been a cracking result. 

I'd back them to win 2-0 or 3-1 and go through . Chelsea would be a massive ask in a two leg game though , very big gap in class in my opinion. 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:03pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 12:23pm
Young lad and a mate went to the Eintracht match last night in Lisbon.
Spotted them in the march to the stadium

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Valencia are 5/1 to win it outright, think thats a nice price. They've been significantly better over the last few months, if they get a full strength team out for the rest of the competition they will be tough to beat. Guedes is back fit and in form too, a huge asset to them
I believe Valencia were unbeaten in 17 league games before losing to Rayo last weekend. Just saw now that they won 3-1 last night. I checked on 88 minutes and it was 1-1. Shocked

Think Valencia will pip Getafe to fourth and 5/1 is a great price for them for the Europa League. They've been excellent since Christmas.

I think only Barca have lost fewer league games than them, they just have so many draws from earlier in the season. They’re basically through to the semis here too.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Valencia are 5/1 to win it outright, think thats a nice price. They've been significantly better over the last few months, if they get a full strength team out for the rest of the competition they will be tough to beat. Guedes is back fit and in form too, a huge asset to them
I believe Valencia were unbeaten in 17 league games before losing to Rayo last weekend. Just saw now that they won 3-1 last night. I checked on 88 minutes and it was 1-1. Shocked

Think Valencia will pip Getafe to fourth and 5/1 is a great price for them for the Europa League. They've been excellent since Christmas.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 11:07am
Arsenal launching an investigation into a social media post where Koulibaly was racially abused. Havent seen the post but considering Arsenal's history of having black players as part of their team, it really is shameful.

There really is a small section of gobsh*tes supporting each club.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:17am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Huge result for Arsenal. Decent game to watch. Ramsey chance could have killed it.

Be nice to see the likes of Cech finish up there with a Europa League win if they do it. Will be tough in Naples though, that Arsenal defence is still wide open.

Napoli were nowhere near as poor in in any game their CL group as they were tonight. Couldn't believe how sluggish they were in possession. It's a fantastic lead for Arsenal with no away goals conceded. They should ride it out. 

It'll be a Chelsea vs Arsenal or Valencia final. 

I watched Napoli against Genoa at the weekend. Really poor stuff. Had the feeling of a team just playing out the season. Going to finish 2nd in Serie A but title was gone months ago. Haven't seen many of their league games recently but if that is what's going on, it will be very tough to turn it back on.

In saying that Napoli at home in a knockout European tie should be a different kettle of fish. Arsenal aren't exactly the strongest defensively either. Away goals could be huge in the end I think.

I watch a fir bit of them and they have been just going through the motions recently with the exception of spanking Roma 2 weeks ago.

I would expect them to be much better at home

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:15am
About a former player too, however small his contribution was.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:58am
Chelsea 'fans' living down to their reputation again: Disapprove

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:56am
Arsenal won't have it as easy in the 2nd leg. Napoli should be a completely different prospect at home with their support. As bad as they played last night, they still should have had a couple of goals. Monreal had the worst game I've seen him play in a long time, every Napoli chance came down his side, he didn't seem to be comfortable on the left of the 3, which is unusual because he's played there loads of times.

Arsenal should have had a couple more goals, and it may come back to haunt them, considering their poor away record.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:40am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Great results for Manchester United. Arsenal and Chelsea both advancing enhances the prospects of both teams dropping more points in the Premier League. Arsenal are like a lion at home but a pussy cat away from home. The prospect of Arsenal and Chelsea both finishing outside the top 4 and making the Europa League Final is mouthwatering. All football purists should want that! Essentially an all London Derby where the winner gets a Champions League spot. 

Arsenal are tenth in the Premier League away table and have four of their last six away from home. United have four at home from their last six (admittedly, one at home to City).

I'd be confident United will finish above Arsenal.

I concur.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Great results for Manchester United. Arsenal and Chelsea both advancing enhances the prospects of both teams dropping more points in the Premier League. Arsenal are like a lion at home but a pussy cat away from home. The prospect of Arsenal and Chelsea both finishing outside the top 4 and making the Europa League Final is mouthwatering. All football purists should want that! Essentially an all London Derby where the winner gets a Champions League spot. 

Arsenal are tenth in the Premier League away table and have four of their last six away from home. United have four at home from their last six (admittedly, one at home to City).

I'd be confident United will finish above Arsenal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic