You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to watch the WC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 10:59am
I think there's one in Letterkenny.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:58pm
Could be a shortage of certain beers lagers and ciders for football fans in the UK watching the WC in pubs and clubs. 

Problems with a shortage of gas.

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 Jun 2018 at 5:58pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:12pm
Watched most matches at home, and only went to the pub for two games so far. Will head out to the pub for the semis and the final. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:04am

Middlesbrough fanzone cancelled for England's World …

https://planetradio.co.uk/tfm/local/news/middlesbrough-fanzone...
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:13am
Watching it here in San Francisco in work while I can if not through the Fubo tv app at home...miss being at home watching the games with family and all the more humane kickoff times!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 8:03am
didn’t realise it was on at 1600 thought it would be in the evening circa 1900 - don’t land until 1630 home about 1800 do have to avoid all reports/ ignore the phone and watch deferred coverage 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

didn’t realise it was on at 1600 thought it would be in the evening circa 1900 - don’t land until 1630 home about 1800 do have to avoid all reports/ ignore the phone and watch deferred coverage 
Strange one alright. Any idea what they moved it for? All I can think of is that it keeps it earlier for most of Russia (same with the opening game)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Strange one alright. Any idea what they moved it for? All I can think of is that it keeps it earlier for most of Russia (same with the opening game)

Very strange KO time. You would have thought a later time if anything to suit European and American/South American time.

How many hours is Moscow ahead? 3?    9 pm local time kick off would have been acceptable
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:02pm
Moscow is only two hours ahead of us. 6pm there is 11pm China.

11pm in China is about as late as you could have it there, and that's 11am on the East Coast of the USA, 8am West Coast. It's also 8:30pm in India. It certainly maximises viewing figures, anyway.

If it had been at 7pm here (9pm Russian time), then it would have been at 2am China time and 11:30pm India. You're close to ruling out half the population of the planet if you have it that late.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next final is at a similar time, despite the heat. 2026 might be different, but the next one will be early evening in Qatar rather than night time.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:06pm
From behind the sofa if England are in the World Cup final.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:09pm
The men’s Wimbledon final is on at 2pm....
It could be Fed v Nadal 10 years after the last epic one.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Moscow is only two hours ahead of us. 6pm there is 11pm China.

11pm in China is about as late as you could have it there, and that's 11am on the East Coast of the USA, 8am West Coast. It's also 8:30pm in India. It certainly maximises viewing figures, anyway.

If it had been at 7pm here (9pm Russian time), then it would have been at 2am China time and 11:30pm India. You're close to ruling out half the population of the planet if you have it that late.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next final is at a similar time, despite the heat. 2026 might be different, but the next one will be early evening in Qatar rather than night time.

Exactly, ensures the vast majority of the world's population can watch at a somewhat reasonable hour.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:09pm
The 1994 WC Final kicked off close to midnight our time if I can recall correctly

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The 1994 WC Final kicked off close to midnight our time if I can recall correctly
I watched it live as a young lad - don't remember it being that late
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I watched it live as a young lad - don't remember it being that late

It was in LA which is 8 hrs behind us.  I imagine it kicked off at 11pm our time.  Certainly the semi final with Sweden v Brazil finished circa 2am

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:58pm
They're weren't that late as I watched them in a pub. Maybe kicked off around 8.30 or 9pm as they were over before closing time!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:59pm
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:01pm
It was nowhere near as late as  that. It was an 8:30pm ko our time. Remember being allowed to stay up until the end (as it went to ET and Penos ) because we were on our School holidays 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 10 Jul 2018 at 4:01pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic