You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English League Cup 2018/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English League Cup 2018/19
    Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:37pm
The draw for the first round is tomorrow.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm

2018/19 League Cup First Round draw

NORTH

Blackpool v Barnsley

Carlisle United v Blackburn Rovers

Crewe Alexandra v Fleetwood Town

Grimsby Town v Rochdale

Leeds United v Bolton Wanderers

Macclesfield Town v Bradford City

Mansfield Town v Accrington Stanley

Middlesbrough v Notts County

Oldham Athletic v Derby County

Nottingham Forest v Bury

Port Vale v Lincoln City

Preston North End v Morecambe

Rotherham United v Wigan Athletic

Sheffield United v Hull City

Shrewsbury Town v Burton Albion

Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday

S****horpe United v Doncaster Rovers

Tranmere Rovers v Walsall

SOUTH

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle

Bristol Rovers v Crawley Town

Cambridge United v Newport County

Cheltenham Town v Colchester United

Exeter City v Ipswich Town

Millwall v Gillingham

Milton Keynes Dons v Charlton Athletic

Oxford United v Coventry City

Portsmouth v AFC Wimbledon

Queens Park Rangers v Peterborough United

Reading v Birmingham City

Southend United v Brentford

Swindon Town v Forest Green Rovers

West Brom v Luton Town

Wycombe Wanderers v Northampton Town

Yeovil Town v Aston Villa

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 6:56am

Yeovil Town v Aston Villa

On Sky Sports Football/Sky Sports Main Event

19.45 ko tonight.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 7:16am
The draw for the second round is from the SOL tonight is at 19.00 on sky with Mick McCarthy and Chris Waddle.

Also Quest tv have been showing the highlights of these League Cup games if you haven't got sky.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 7:22am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 7:51am
Hard to care about the cups anymore, maybe if Cambridge hadn't been f**ked out by Newport the other night I would feel different! Wolves against Wednesday should be a good tie.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 12:49pm
Leeds vs Preston should be a good one
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Hard to care about the cups anymore, maybe if Cambridge hadn't been f**ked out by Newport the other night I would feel different! Wolves against Wednesday should be a good tie.
I stopped caring about the EFL cup (or whatever it's called this week) years ago and I'm heading that way with the FA Cup as well.  When teams start fielding reserve sides for those games that are played out in front of half-empty stadiums, any motivation to watch it just goes out the window.  Shame really because I used to love watching the FA Cup. 

Surely they'd be better doing what they do in some other countries eg Spain and Germany, and just have the 1 domestic cup competition.  If there's a competition that should have been put out of it's misery years ago, it's the EFL Cup.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I stopped caring about the EFL cup (or whatever it's called this week) years ago and I'm heading that way with the FA Cup as well.  When teams start fielding reserve sides for those games that are played out in front of half-empty stadiums, any motivation to watch it just goes out the window.  Shame really because I used to love watching the FA Cup. 

Surely they'd be better doing what they do in some other countries eg Spain and Germany, and just have the 1 domestic cup competition.  If there's a competition that should have been put out of it's misery years ago, it's the EFL Cup.

I actually prefer the EFL cup.
Mid-week games and no replays. It doesn’t try to sell itself as the  greatest cup competition like the FA cup does

But agreed they are a shadow of what they used to be.
Winning the FA Cup was a great season up until the late 90’s.

Now every prem club would take top 4 over the FA cup and league cup. The bonuses for top 4 would be much greater than winning both cups.

Would the EFL cup be better without the teams in Europe?

The FA cup needs to scrap replays and go midweek and follow the German rule that the lower league teams get to play at home or have the option on the venue.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Mid-week games and no replays. It doesn’t try to sell itself as the  greatest cup competition like the FA cup does

Now every prem club would take top 4 over the FA cup and league cup. The bonuses for top 4 would be much greater than winning both cups.

The FA cup needs to scrap replays and go midweek and follow the German rule that the lower league teams get to play at home or have the option on the venue.
I also prefer the League cup. Usually get a few great ties in it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I feel both the English domesic cups have lost their appeal compared to back in the day thanks to OTT tv coverage and the bigger clubs attitute towards them until the semi/finals.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 5:57pm
Wimbledon v West Hame and Nottingham Forest v Newcastle Utd are the two live live games being shown on sky for the second round.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:15am
Live tonight on Sky Sports Football/Sky Sports Main Event
AFC Wimbledon v West Ham
League Cup
Second Round
ko 19.30 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:03pm
Wombles one up with a cracking header but all WHU now.

Edited by Double Maxim - 28 Aug 2018 at 8:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:15pm
"Declan Rice not the toast of the Irish nation at the moment."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 10:30am

Tonights live game.

Nottingham Forest v Newcastle Utd
ko 19.45
Sky Sports Football/Sky Sports Main Event
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 6:58pm
Ciaran Clark in the Newcastle team tonight Rob Elliot on the bench.

Daryl Murphy starts for Nottingam Forest.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:40pm
Newcastle are brutal 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic