English League Cup 2018/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English League Cup 2018/19
    Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Danilo on in midfield ahead of Foden Clap

He did a good job in shoring up a midfield that was being over-run at times towards the end of normal time, to help City win the trophy.

Clap indeed.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Chelsea is a rotten club, even at the end when Terry was asked what he would have done as Chelsea captain he shrugged.

For those of you above that said Sarri should have done more, what could he have done? He can't go on the pitch and haul off the player? The ref is instructed to play on if a player is refusing to leave. He can take action now (start fining wages, few weeks on the bench for Kepa, strip Luiz of captaincy etc) but not much he could have done yesterday.

Luiz isn't the captain it's Azpillcueta (Club Captain is actually Gary Cahill)
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Sarri should have been demanding Kepa came off. He was in a weak enough position as it was, and he's made it worse now by allowing Kepa to stay on. I can't think of any other manager, especially one in charge of a huge club, who would have allowed his goalkeeper to stay on in that situation.

There was a lot to be gained by Cabellero coming on IMO. Ex-City player who might have an idea where they would place their penos. And even if he didn't, it would surely place an element of doubt in their minds any way.

Yeah Sarri needed to be a lot stronger there - it would have been nice if his captain helped him out a bit by reefing Kepa off though. Kepa seemed to be thinking Sarri was taking him off because he thought he was injured - but they'd saved their fourth sub right till the end and I'd imagine it was for that exact reason - as in the plan was always for Caballero to come on for the penos. Seemed like it hadn't been discussed with Kepa beforehand, not that this excuses his behaviour but it might have helped the situation from unfolding the way it did.

Felt they had zero chance in the shoot-out anyway after all that nonsense.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:50am
Chelsea is a rotten club, even at the end when Terry was asked what he would have done as Chelsea captain he shrugged.

For those of you above that said Sarri should have done more, what could he have done? He can't go on the pitch and haul off the player? The ref is instructed to play on if a player is refusing to leave. He can take action now (start fining wages, few weeks on the bench for Kepa, strip Luiz of captaincy etc) but not much he could have done yesterday.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 7:31am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Have to think that's the end for sari obvious to see players don't respect him and do what they want to do

Who is Sarri now!

Edited by Double Maxim - 25 Feb 2019 at 7:33am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 4:24am
Sarri should have been demanding Kepa came off. He was in a weak enough position as it was, and he's made it worse now by allowing Kepa to stay on. I can't think of any other manager, especially one in charge of a huge club, who would have allowed his goalkeeper to stay on in that situation.

There was a lot to be gained by Cabellero coming on IMO. Ex-City player who might have an idea where they would place their penos. And even if he didn't, it would surely place an element of doubt in their minds any way.

As for Jorginho's peno, I know he scored with a similar run up in the semi-final, but he deserved to miss for that.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:39pm
Caballero was out warming up before Kepa’s “injury”
Sarri backed down with a spoof story after the game
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Given that Cabellero is a somewhat lucky keeper when it comes to penalty shoot outs it was so obvious Sarri wanted to make the change for that reason.

If Pep decided to take off Ederson and bring on Muric everyone would have assumed that Ederson was injured and needed to come off, no one is buying Sarri's defence of Kepa.

It was clearly wrong by Kepa and it's hard to see how Sarri can regain any control on this group of players.

Conte to his credit ruled that dressing room with an iron fist, big mistake getting rid of him imo.

He did for The first season and then the players took control again.  

Sarri is just protecting his player publicly now.  Nobody believes the line or spin 

I think Conte's problem was that when you challenge the owner in the manner he did, there is only ever going to be one winner. When they won the FA Cup the players were very much behind him but the whole saga with Rom was always going to see him being replaced.

It's a sad state of affairs when a manager can't speak his mind anymore (within reason) but its a sign of the times unfortunately.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Given that Cabellero is a somewhat lucky keeper when it comes to penalty shoot outs it was so obvious Sarri wanted to make the change for that reason.

If Pep decided to take off Ederson and bring on Muric everyone would have assumed that Ederson was injured and needed to come off, no one is buying Sarri's defence of Kepa.

It was clearly wrong by Kepa and it's hard to see how Sarri can regain any control on this group of players.

Conte to his credit ruled that dressing room with an iron fist, big mistake getting rid of him imo.

He did for The first season and then the players took control again.  

Sarri is just protecting his player publicly now.  Nobody believes the line or spin 
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:05pm

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Poor auld Sarri LOL

Tbf, it's hard to feel too sorry for anyone who takes the job there though.

Wouldn’t be feeling sorry for any of the managers or players who are on huge money in relation to their professional life.  People going into work tomorrow will be underlined hugely and will be on - tiny fraction of what they are on.  No issue with their money but I don’t think sympathy is appropriate
  Sarri should have insisted he come off and his captain should have backed him. 
AKA pedantic kunt
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:39pm
Not his fault at all but weak from Sarri and Zola no better....should have been on the pitch and haul him off ....or failing that give the keepers jersey to an outfield player for the shootout

but what do you do with a 70m footballer at a club where players clearly run the show
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:33pm
Sarri ''It was all just a misunderstanding''

what a spoofer. Clap
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

was a poor final
Sarri’s tactics almost worked 
Zinchenko and Otamendi were city’s best players I thought 

Thought it was a good game myself. Maybe that's just bias after watching the dross at OT earlier that I will never be able to unsee.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:30pm
was a poor final
Sarri’s tactics almost worked 
Zinchenko and Otamendi were city’s best players I thought 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:28pm
Have to think that's the end for sari obvious to see players don't respect him and do what they want to do
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:26pm
Sending Higuain up for a penalty would have been a daft decision
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:26pm
The Kepa incident just shows everything that is wrong with that club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic