Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 60>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:09am
Man Citys first goal yesterday LOL f*cking hell LOL

There should be absolutely no question but that ref has to be stood down for the rest of the season. To over rule the linesman LOL 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:04pm
Watching last nights MOTD here
Amazing the amount of decisions the officials got wrong yesterday 
And still people think VAR won’t be good for the game
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 10:56pm
Leno’s played very well the last couple of weeks
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:02am
Jon Moss was terrible last night for both sides.

Agree about Leno, he seems to be getting more and more comfortable with the league. Has made fantastic saves in the last few games. The save with his outstretched leg from Lukaku is the type of save De Gea gets lauded for.

On De Gea, thought he was poor last night, kicking was erratic and was at fault for the 1st goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 7:25am
Huge loss for Chelsea yesterday in what was their game in hand. They were shocking in the 2nd half. Hudson-Odoi looked lively when he came on. Pedro is a very frustrating player, end product is very poor at times considering where he began his career and what he has won.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Huge loss for Chelsea yesterday in what was their game in hand. They were shocking in the 2nd half. Hudson-Odoi looked lively when he came on. Pedro is a very frustrating player, end product is very poor at times considering where he began his career and what he has won.

They had 2 games in hand over Spurs after we drew with Arsenal and were 5 pts behind. Expected them to get at least 4 pts but only got 1.
They have Liverpool and Man U away so the EL is probably their best chance now for champions league football.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

yup. they went from the sublime to the ridiculous yesterday. with liverpool and utd away from home still to come their top 4 challenge looks as if it is beginning to fizzle out.

although it had no affect on their league position utd were poor on Saturday in their defeat to wolves. however i feel it may be a bit premature to say the wheels have fallen off ole's bus. i expect them to beat both watford at home and wolves away in the next gameweek as both are likely to rest players ahead of their fa cup semi final. their home games versus city and chelsea will be the make or break matches re their top 4 challenge.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:31am
United have a serious amount of work to do to get top 4. Arsenals fixtures are the kindest of the lot, would be great to see themselves and Spurs take the 2 spots. Chelsea are just a rotten club, hopefully this is the start of a period where they drift away from contention altogether. Amazing considering after 10/12 games they looked capable of putting up some semblance of a title challenge this season. Hopefully the likes of Kante move on from there this summer.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

United have a serious amount of work to do to get top 4. Arsenals fixtures are the kindest of the lot, would be great to see themselves and Spurs take the 2 spots.
My Please, Please, Please, Please, Please Wishlist:

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Chelsea

CL - Spurs

EL - Chelsea

Meaning MC, L'pool, MU, Spurs and Chelsea all qualify for next season's CL and The Arse miss out. Again.
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:16pm
That is definitely a wishlist as there is absolutely no chance of it happening, Arsenal in pole position at the moment for 3rd, cannot see them slipping as much as the others, e.g. Tottenham with City and Liverpool away.

And, I would be very surprised if City dont put Spurs out comfortably

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

That is definitely a wishlist as there is absolutely no chance of it happening, Arsenal in pole position at the moment for 3rd, cannot see them slipping as much as the others, e.g. Tottenham with City and Liverpool away.

And, I would be very surprised if City dont put Spurs out comfortably
Yep, that wishlist was just the product of some idle speculation after I checked the rules over how winning the CL and/or EL affected England's four regular Premier League slots in the CL.

Tbh, I'll just be happy if Spurs somehow qualify for next season's CL, which I think we can, though it will likely be v.tight.

Btw, City must be favourites to knock us out of the CL, but it might not be "comfortable": a big European night under the lights in front of 62k in the new stadium could just turn out to be a bit special, so who knows? Thumbs Up
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:36pm
Spurs are very much in with a shot of knocking City out of the CL. As for the top 4, Spurs are the ones in 3rd spot. It's theirs for the taking and as much as they've had a horror run of results in the PL lately, you'd still expect them to squeak over the line.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:25pm
Not looking at the fixtures you wouldn't. Playing in a new stadium can take a lot of getting used to. Wouldn't be surprised if City beat them in London. 
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:01pm
Yeah I personally don't think the new stadium is an advantage, a lot of getting used to.

I know Spurs are third, but have been so poor lately, I think Arsenal will finish above them as spurs are expected to lose away to City and Liverpool.

I would still expect Spurs to take 4th though
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:17pm

Yeah I personally don't think the new stadium is an advantage, a lot of getting used to.
You're right that teams often take time to adjust to a new stadium, but I think (hope) this may be different in two respects.

First, most other teams have gone straight from their old stadium to their new one, whereas Spurs have had nearly two seasons in Wembley, which they're now heartily sick of. So just like eg Man U were always likely to get a boost from any new manager who was "not Mourinho", Spurs will be delighted to be playing at any new stadium which is "not Wembley". 

Second, whilst this is obviously a new stadium, it's still on the site of the old one, so it should still feel like "home".

And in the last season at the old WHL, Spurs won 17 and drew the other 2 of their 19 PL games i.e. 53 points from 57!

Anyhow, if City did manage to come away from Spurs with a point or three, I'd have to admit that that would be a tremendous achievement, since the new Lane is guaranteed to be absolutely rocking!

God I can't wait! LOL

Edited by Territorial - 18 Mar 2019 at 6:25pm
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:38pm
Aren't City at home? (As are Liverpool)...
That's why I think it'll be difficult for Spurs, I'm also an Arsenal fan so I have a little more hope for this than most!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:55pm

Aren't City at home? (As are Liverpool)...
That's why I think it'll be difficult for Spurs, I'm also an Arsenal fan so I have a little more hope for this than most!
Sorry, I was referring to the CL Qtr Final, where the first leg is at Spurs, on Tuesday 9th April.

After Liverpool (A) on Sat.30th March, Spurs schedule is:

Wed.3rd Apr - Palace (H)
Tue.9th Apr - M.City (H - CL 1st Leg)
Sat.13th Apr - Huddsfield (H)
Wed.17th Apr - M.City (A - CL 2nd Leg)
Sat.20th Apr - M.City (A)

I don't hold out too much hope at Anfield, but if Spurs can get a 'new stadium lift' over the following three games, then maybe they'll be in good heart for the two trips to City?

Whereas as some pundit pointed out (Souness?), Spurs really don't want to be going to the Etihad on the 20th in a demoralised state, after a poor showing in the CL.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 11:14pm
The relegation issue could very well be done and dusted 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 60>
  Share Topic