You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 60>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 2:27pm
What an ending to the game. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:12pm
Wolves manager sent off for running onto the pitch after late winner to celebrate

Same ref who reffed Liverpool 1-0 Everton last month Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:51pm
Burnley unlucky, Wood was onside
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 12:41am
Hendrick had a half decent chance too
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:13am
Think that Arsenal victory is papering over the cracks tbh. Chelsea were terrible. I think the diamond formation would be horribly exposed by teams who have good attacking fullbacks and wide players, City, Spurs, Liverpool (although they won't be playing them again).

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Burnley unlucky, Wood was onside
 In real time he looked at least a yard offside then I saw the replay and you are right .
In the end a draw was a fair result .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:27pm
Fulham are very poor at the back
Tim Ream looks brutal, don’t know how he gets on, and the keeper looks dodgy. Christie poor defensively also 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Think that Arsenal victory is papering over the cracks tbh. Chelsea were terrible. I think the diamond formation would be horribly exposed by teams who have good attacking fullbacks and wide players, City, Spurs, Liverpool (although they won't be playing them again).
Only saw the first half, but I think that's being a bit harsh on Arsenal. (Can't believe I just wrote that - I need a wash LOL).

Anyhow, "cracks" suggest they structurally unsound and are liable to collapse. Whereas the way I see it, is that they have clear problems - defence, basically, and maybe midfield if/when Ramsey and Ozil go.

However, they also have excellent strikers and good, young players coming through, while Emery seems to be imposing his grip on the club (eg Mislintat leaving).

To my mind this is a period of transition for Arsenal, with Emery actually making quicker progress than I thought likely after the shambles Wenger bequeathed him.

Still don't think they'll make up the gap on Spurs anytime soon, though.

Meanwhile, Chelsea appear to have more problems. Sarri might start to turn it round if Higuain arrives and proves to be a Drogba or a Costa, rather than a Torres or a Morata. Also essential he keeps Hazard, though that looks increasingly unlikely.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Only saw the first half, but I think that's being a bit harsh on Arsenal. (Can't believe I just wrote that - I need a wash LOL).

Anyhow, "cracks" suggest they structurally unsound and are liable to collapse. Whereas the way I see it, is that they have clear problems - defence, basically, and maybe midfield if/when Ramsey and Ozil go.

However, they also have excellent strikers and good, young players coming through, while Emery seems to be imposing his grip on the club (eg Mislintat leaving).

To my mind this is a period of transition for Arsenal, with Emery actually making quicker progress than I thought likely after the shambles Wenger bequeathed him.

Meanwhile, Chelsea appear to have more problems. Sarri might start to turn it round if Higuain arrives and proves to be a Drogba or a Costa, rather than a Torres or a Morata. Also essential he keeps Hazard, though that looks increasingly unlikely.

Ye it'll possibly be another 2 seasons before Arsenal can close the gap on Spurs. 

In terms of the defence, it's hard to judge based on that result but they did look stronger with Koscielny and Sokratis together and Mustafi on the bench where he belongs, although I would sell him in a heartbeat.

It's the holding midfield that is the problem. Xhaka isn't good enough. Torreira has had a dip in form lately but has shown enough since he arrived to suggest he'll be a good player. Guendouzi doesn't fit the holding role due to his age. He he a great ability to get around the pitch (which at this present time would be wasted by making him sit in front of the defence) but this eagerness would leave big gaps in the midfield. In time, he could develop in to a fine holding player though.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:33pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Ye it'll possibly be another 2 seasons before Arsenal can close the gap on Spurs.
If you're saying Arsenal are presently 2 seasons behind Spurs, then I'd agree.

But that's not the same as saying that even if everything went right for Emery at the Emirates, they'll make up the gap, since you're liable to be chasing a moving target.

Your best bet must be for Poch to leave, otherwise in two years time, Spurs are also likely to be a better team than they are now.

Especially if they manage to move into the new stadium before then!

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jan 2019 at 12:40pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 3:30pm
I have seen bits of Arsenal this season, I htink their recent poor results was more down to the injuries in defence. The defence is the weakness so removing some of the better players was always likely to leak goals. 

Terri - if Poch leaves, it'll be as you were with Spurs staring up at Arsenal most seasons 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:29am
Fulham striker Aboubakar Kamara arrested at the training ground after a fight broke out
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:41am
Kamara seems like a bit of a header. As does Mitrovic. They had an on field argument recently about taking a penalty. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Mitrovic fighting with him.

Kamara is leaving for Turkey anyway soon

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:04am

Kamara seems like a bit of a header. As does Mitrovic. They had an on field argument recently about taking a penalty. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Mitrovic fighting with him.

100% instigated by Kamara in fairness. Mitrovic is a bit of a hot head alright but this lad is a total looper.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

100% instigated by Kamara in fairness. Mitrovic is a bit of a hot head alright but this lad is a total looper.
In fairness to Mitrovic he did nothing wrong with the penalty incident, even went up to Kamara before he actually took it. Kamara seems like a complete header
Some people just deserve a slap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 12:40pm
They had a fight during a yoga session too LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I would disagree Brendan. Pogba is as much of an issue as Mourinho. He's also nowhere near the standard of player that United thought they were getting. He does have massive marketing value for the club though and this seems to outweigh his abysmal on field performances.

The quicker United get rid of both, and get a half decent structure in place behind a new up and coming manager the better. All the talk of clearing a squad out each time a new manager came in over the past 5/6 years, couldn't be more true now. They need to press the reset button by the end of this season, and there needs to be wholesale changes on the field and off it. Unfortunately Woodward doesn't look like a guy who has any clue what he's doing from a footballing perspective, so what's needed to be done might never happen.

Shame United didn’t get rid of Pogba.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Man Us defence on the goal!

Pogba is an imposter of a footballer. Must be an absolutely toxic presence to play alongside. I reckon if Mourinho had any real control at United and wasn't on the verge of getting the bullet, he would have hauled Pogba off straight after Rudigers goal. His attempts to defend it were comical.

Imposter of a footballer, toxic etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 60>
  Share Topic