You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 60>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where tonights result leaves the title race is anyone’s guess

Spurs could easily get something on Saturday at the Etihad. That ending to the game is the sort of thing that could affect a team for a while. 
Possible. Suppose all comes down to what state City are in psychologically after last night. Spurs too I suppose

Spurs will have the B team out this weekend.
City will win by 2/3 goals.

Yea hsure they will, and Let Arsenal go ahead of them without a fight ffs
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Spurs could easily get something on Saturday at the Etihad. That ending to the game is the sort of thing that could affect a team for a while. 
Possible. Suppose all comes down to what state City are in psychologically after last night. Spurs too I suppose

Yeah sure, Poch basis all decision on finishing ahead of Arsenal. 
Spurs have 7 games and in 3 weeks.
Need players fresh for Ajax.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:06pm

Look what happened to Everton - they were going grand until that last-gasp loss to Liverpool at Anfield and their form nosedived for ages afterwards.  Be interesting to see if that happens with City.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Yeah sure, Poch basis all decision on finishing ahead of Arsenal. 
Spurs have 7 games and in 3 weeks.
Need players fresh for Ajax.

They could easily be playing in the Europa League, so yes Arsenal going into the third spot leaves them with a fight for that last 4th spot, a point or win against City would go a long way to securing that 3rd or 4th spot.  
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:33pm
Spurs have a bit of breathing space in that Chelsea are a point behind with a game more played and Utd are 3 points and 10 goals worse off. While a point would be great a defeat to City won't matter once they don't lose any of the last 4 games.
Utd still have to play City and Chelsea have to go to Old Trafford so points will be dropped by both of them in my opinion.
Spurs have Brighton, West Ham and Everton at home with an away at Bournmouth. Barring a disaster they should be fine.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:38am
Even though I'd strongly fancy Spurs to finish 3rd, the table is still too tight to give up on one of your remaining PL games to play. Especially when you consider that the PL game in between their CL SF 1st and 2nd legs is ideally where you'd want to rest players.

Now it could be a case that 6/7 of the starting 11 from Wednesday are wiped, and Pochettino decides it's way too risky to play them. Dangerous game though if he goes that way imo. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:49am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Spurs have a bit of breathing space in that Chelsea are a point behind with a game more played and Utd are 3 points and 10 goals worse off. While a point would be great a defeat to City won't matter once they don't lose any of the last 4 games.
Utd still have to play City and Chelsea have to go to Old Trafford so points will be dropped by both of them in my opinion.
Spurs have Brighton, West Ham and Everton at home with an away at Bournmouth. Barring a disaster they should be fine.
Just like beating Burnley, Wolves and those other easy fixtures. It would be very risky to waste a game. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 10:04am
Spurs are not going into the game to lose but it is a game that most would expect them to lose. My point is that if they do lose they can still make to 4. Pochettino May look at the game as another opportunity to beat city.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 10:43am

Spurs are not going into the game to lose but it is a game that most would expect them to lose. My point is that if they do lose they can still make to 4. Pochettino May look at the game as another opportunity to beat city.

Totally agree.
I expect a weakened team.
Home games v Brighton , West Ham and Ajax coming up in the next 2 weeks. Need to win all 3.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:10pm

Totally agree.
Home games v Brighton , West Ham and Ajax coming up in the next 2 weeks. Need to win all 3.
He won't want to get humped tomorrow, so I expect he'll pick his best fully-fit starting XI. 

But any fitness doubts won't play, or if anyone needs taking off early to protect them, I'd guess he'll do that, too.

As for winning their remaining League games, none of them is a gimme, esp if he is resting/protecting teams for the CL.

But I'm not sure he'll have to win them, since although Arsenal should finish strongly, I can see MU continuing their recent dismal form after their demoralising display in Barcelona.

And no-one can be certain how Chelsea will do, since they can veer alarmingly from very good (Hazard) to pretty crap (haphazard) on a whim.

I expect both those teams to drop points now, meaning Spurs could probably get away with maybe three wins from five.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:11pm
KNVB has suspended ALL Dutch fixtures two days before Ajax plays Spurs in first leg.

This will surely have an impact on Spurs game management too
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:47am

Totally agree.

Trippier, Wanyama and Rose rested.
Surprised both Son and Moura start today.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 12:22pm
Foden starts 
Sane on the bench again
He’s definitely gone in the summer 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:16pm

Foden starts 
Sane on the bench again
He’s definitely gone in the summer 
And foden scores 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:25pm
City absolutely abysmal in that half. Looking more like the Guardiola side of 2016/17 that were getting smashed by Leicester than the 100 point side of last season.

Spurs will most likely regret all those chances missed though. Should be up by 1 or 2. Btw, why does every defender leave Bernardo Silva to cut back onto his left every time LOL 

Lovely little header by Aguero for the goal. Hard to tell how bad De Bruyne is, but any niggle now would be another big blow for him. Horror season for him.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:32pm
Looked like a season ender to me, he was close to tears

He looked one of the tiredest players on the pitch before that but will be a big loss for the remaining games

City’s defence all over the show again
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:35pm
More possession, corners, shots, goals than Spurs in the first half. Absolutely abysmal indeed....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

More possession, corners, shots, goals than Spurs in the first half. Absolutely abysmal indeed....

Spurs had 3 or 4 1 on 1s with Ederson. Where I would have expected Son and Eriksen to score most of them. Their defence has been nothing short of shambolic and the midfield was offering no protection at all in the first half.

You think City played well in the first half? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 60>
  Share Topic