You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 60>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Leicester valuing Maguire at £65m Man U supposed to be interested?

Ridiculous carry on if any team puts a bid like that on him. f**king sh*te 
Sponsored Links

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:48pm

Harry Kane says he hopes to make Spurs opening game v Newcastle after 'break' post WC.

How long do they get off FFS?

Kane hasnt gone away on holidays as his missus is about to pop the kid out. Plus he ran f**k all in the WC, so should be fresh enough!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Harry Kane says he hopes to make Spurs opening game v Newcastle after 'break' post WC.

Kane hasnt gone away on holidays as his missus is about to pop the kid out. Plus he ran f**k all in the WC, so should be fresh enough!
Would his tongue be a help or a hindrance for cunnilingus?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:01pm

That’s an eye watering figure, especially as the rise is really based on a few games at the World Cup. If he had been sold in May it would have been less than half the figure that is being quoted.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:48pm
If van Dijk is worth £75m, Maguire is worth over £50m, given that he's a few years younger.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:41am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If van Dijk is worth £75m, Maguire is worth over £50m, given that he's a few years younger.

Disagree 
He’s not in the same class as Van Dijk 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Disagree 
He’s not in the same class as Van Dijk 

Spot on Van Dijk is a far better player.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

That’s an eye watering figure, especially as the rise is really based on a few games at the World Cup. If he had been sold in May it would have been less than half the figure that is being quoted.

I really like Maguire the way he plays. He loves taking the ball out but you can tell he has no skill on the ball. 

Against the better teams he would be torn a new one as he is slow. Sure he has to carry that giant nut around! 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 6:39am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Apparently they got 3 weeks off after the WC so he only arrives back on the Monday before the EPL starts.

But these days the top players keep themselves fit on holidays.
They don’t drink 12 pints a day on their days off anymore.
They are more likely to be in the gym twice a day.

I’m sure they’ll all be playing that first weekend. The EPL starts slowly IMO. They should have 3 fixtures over the first 9 days to get into it. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:00am
Is he better than Stones? Or Stones when he was sold for 50m?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:48am

Lolz.

In fairness though I'd imagine £60m of that is for his disturbingly large head - freak show stuff. £5m or so is for the actual defender attributes.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Is he better than Stones? Or Stones when he was sold for 50m?

Van Dijk is better than Stones and Maguire.

Edited by Double Maxim - 27 Jul 2018 at 4:40pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 4:48pm
Maguire is just a slightly improved Jones, albeit younger & minus the gurning. 
He’s nowhere near the player VVD is. 
United’s transfer list/strategy is very questionable 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:09pm
Bayern are going for 7 in a row and are 1/8 to win the league

Juve are going for 8 in a row and are 4/9 to win the league

PSG have won 5 out of the last 6 and are 1/9 to win the league

The Spanish league is more mixed but Barca have won 7 out of the last 10. 

Nobody has retained the EPL in the last 10 years.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Maguire is just a slightly improved Jones, albeit younger & minus the gurning. 
He’s nowhere near the player VVD is. 
United’s transfer list/strategy is very questionable 

If this transfer goes through at that price, it will be one of the most bizarre transfers of all time. I like Maguire myself, he plays very positively for a defender, but he's at exactly the level he should be at Leicester. He just isn't a decent enough step up on what's already there. If they sign him, they won't be able to move him off the books for years. The transfer and contract policy at the club in the last few years has been nothing short of desperate.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:34pm
I think the Maguire story was put out as a smokescreen by United and Alderweireld is their real target

I see he is 8/11 to be at United by close of the transfer window and 7/4 Spurs 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Bayern are going for 7 in a row and are 1/8 to win the league

Juve are going for 8 in a row and are 4/9 to win the league

PSG have won 5 out of the last 6 and are 1/9 to win the league

The Spanish league is more mixed but Barca have won 7 out of the last 10. 

Nobody has retained the EPL in the last 10 years.

There's no doubting though that City are as well placed as possible to do it. They will simply wipe the floor with nearly every cannon fodder team in the PL this season. So it's up to the other sides to do similar and drop very few points in those 20 or so fixtures against the bottom 10 or so sides. Liverpool look the only ones capable of anything near that at present. Spurs possibly, but hard to see them being as consistent.

I could see Liverpool hit close to 90 points and very possibly not win the PL title. The myth of the PL being a league where every team is capable of beating every other is well and truly bust at this point.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I think the Maguire story was put out as a smokescreen by United and Alderweireld is their real target

I see he is 8/11 to be at United by close of the transfer window and 7/4 Spurs 

Very possibly. Hard to know why they don't just push on though if that deal is on the table. Is the haggling over a few million with Levy really worth a player of that quality coming in so late in the pre season? The difference in quality between Alderweireld and Maguire is absolutely massive. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 60>
  Share Topic