You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 18/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 65>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:49pm
With the rule change, how many players will try to aim for opponents arms when the are crossing or having no chance of scoring ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

With the rule change, how many players will try to aim for opponents arms when the are crossing or having no chance of scoring ? 

The rule change Im on about is that Llorentes goal would be ruled out for any touch involving the hand in the build up to a goal I believe. They are tweaking how they referee defensive handballs as well, but tbh they need to rewrite it. It's become comical how people interpret handball situations.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I highly doubt that players will be thinking oh yeah i'll try whip this cross in but instead of aiming for a team mate, i'll aim for this defenders arm to try and win a penalty LOL

How about defends learn to block crosses and shots without putting their arms miles out instead?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, in order to get him to sign his latest contract, he assured Foden that he would get plenty of meaningful game time very soon, without really meaning it. 

So that if Foden comes back in another season or two and asks why he hasn't made a proper breakthrough yet, whatever Pep might say inm reply, the unspoken answer will be: "You're under contract for another four years, you play when I say, you stay when I say or you go when I say, so suck it up, kid."  

Disclaimer: The named poster reserves the right to deny every word of the above and blame a hacker if Foden becomes an ever-present next season.

Well yesterday was certainly a meaningful game 

I think the bit in small print at the bottom will come in handy for you in a few years time, as you seem to have a problem admitting when you were wrong 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, in order to get him to sign his latest contract, he assured Foden that he would get plenty of meaningful game time very soon, without really meaning it. 

So that if Foden comes back in another season or two and asks why he hasn't made a proper breakthrough yet, whatever Pep might say inm reply, the unspoken answer will be: "You're under contract for another four years, you play when I say, you stay when I say or you go when I say, so suck it up, kid."  

Disclaimer: The named poster reserves the right to deny every word of the above and blame a hacker if Foden becomes an ever-present next season.

Well yesterday was certainly a meaningful game 

I think the bit in small print at the bottom will come in handy for you in a few years time, as you seem to have a problem admitting when you were wrong 
Yep, their 34th meaningful (PL) game of the season. And his 2nd start. In extenuating circumstances.

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Do you think Foden will be an "ever-present next season"?

We'll see.

Edited by Territorial - 21 Apr 2019 at 8:33pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:35pm
No of course not. There are no ever presents in this squad bar Ederson.
He’ll start at least 10 league games next season I’m going to predict. 

Yesterday was one of the biggest games of the season considering what as at stake. Massive vote of confidence for Pep to start him 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:19am
wrong thread. 

Edited by planning - 22 Apr 2019 at 12:32am
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm
No Son or Kane and a few other injuries - Spurs look very weak. 

I have only seen them play the 2nd leg v Juventus and Ajax were brilliant - play like that again and they will score a few goals. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:49pm
Its hard to look beyond Ajax for this one.  Either way, its great to see these two clubs in the semi-finals.  They've both achieved their current status with relatively modest expenditure and both play great football.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:03pm
Nice stadiums and similar squads too.

It is a break from the norm.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:11pm
Just seen Ajax have scored 111 goals in the league this season -
In only 32 games.
Still PSV have the same pts as them at the top.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Just seen Ajax have scored 111 goals in the league this season -
In only 32 games.
Still PSV have the same pts as them at the top.

And PSV made Spurs sweat, with Harry Kane scoring three of the goals.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:08pm
I never thought I would be looking forward to watching a game and wanting Ajax to win! The first semi-finalist from outside the 'big five' leagues since PSV did it in 2005. That's a pretty damning indictment of the way football has gone, but they do give some fleeting hope for the game.
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm
Spurs getting a good seeing to here and seriously struggling.

Commentator after the goal, he was given the benefit of the doubt there on the offside, eh he's not, there's VAR, it's clearly been checked he's onside 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:29pm
Should have been 2-0 there. Criminal he didn’t square that

Spurs been outplayed so far, great team to watch Ajax

BT didn’t show a freeze frame of the goal with the lines across to prove if it was on or off.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:35pm
Spurs really cracked the songbook open before the match. That was embarrassing.LOL

Ajax are great to watch.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:36pm
They’ve shown the freeze frame now 20 minutes later 
Onside 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:40pm
Jan The Goat LOL

What a sh*te flag EmbarrassedLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 65>
  Share Topic