You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE World Cup Coverage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:17pm
David Icke - he knew more than he let on.
Still no Raymond Brooks Ward....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:18pm
Is Jim Rosenthal still on the go?

The worst thing about ITVs coverage is that creepy bastard Gabriel Clarke. He isn't sure if he's presenting a report from the England camp or a murder mystery suspense show the way he gets on.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The worst thing about ITVs coverage is that creepy bastard Gabriel Clarke. He isn't sure if he's presenting a report from the England camp or a murder mystery suspense show the way he gets on.

Think he went back to his job of being The Count on Sesame Street.

Missed Hope Solo. She must have only done 1 or 2 games while I was away.  Any good? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm

Clarke would be more at home with dysfunctional societal themes considering his lineage......Who's the Daddy now ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by niallmc niallmc wrote:

Mark Pougatch will be on RTE for the final on Sunday, instead of Darragh Moloney.
Where ya seeing that? Find it hard to believe he'd miss the biggest game of the year
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:26pm

Working on MUTV. 

Wasted there too. Could still do a decent job for the Beeb or ITV

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Missed Hope Solo. She must have only done 1 or 2 games while I was away.  Any good? 

She wasn't bad.It's odd she only did 2 matches.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 11 Jul 2018 at 12:40pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:39pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Maloney is better than him too. Pougatch is one of those new 'matey' presenters that act like an uncle that thinks they are down with the kids and great 'bantz'.

Maloney is sh*te I think.  Too wooden and non controversial.  Doesn't stir the pot like Bill.

English coverage is sh*te too but ITV's has improved and has overtaken the BBC with their trendy bar dress code and studio.

Des Lynam and Steve Rider and Elton Welsby would be turning in their graves if they were dead
I wasn't saying Maloney was good, more a criticism of Pougatch.
Rosenthal was great, liked his grandson in Friday Night Dinner too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:46pm

Maloney is better than him too. Pougatch is one of those new 'matey' presenters that act like an uncle that thinks they are down with the kids and great 'bantz'.

Maloney is sh*te I think.  Too wooden and non controversial.  Doesn't stir the pot like Bill.

English coverage is sh*te too but ITV's has improved and has overtaken the BBC with their trendy bar dress code and studio.

Des Lynam and Steve Rider and Elton Welsby would be turning in their graves if they were dead

Tom is his Son 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

She wasn't bad.It's odd she only did 2 matches.

Clap

Sounds more softly spoken to what I was expecting. Was expecting a bit of a gravelly voice like yer wan Vogue
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Mark Pougatch will be on RTE for the final on Sunday, instead of Darragh Moloney.
Where ya seeing that? Find it hard to believe he'd miss the biggest game of the year

It's on the RTE TV listings.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:24pm
That would be a error then 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

It's on the RTE TV listings.
I'd say that's a typo, Pougatch is the ITV anchor, he'll be doing the final for them I'd imagine
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Tom is his Son 
f**k! Thought he was too old to have a son that age! I thought he was seventy in 1989!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:18pm
George Hamilton needs to retire, he had an absolute shocker again last night.

Hearing him attempt to pronounce the French and Belgian players with this fake French twang was embarrassing. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:52pm
Dunphy and Sadlier and Brady last night when commenting on Pogba when he laid the ball off to "er, eh Parisi (Cliff Parisi off Eastenders?), Pariso (Cinema Paradiso?)............FFS Tolisso, it wasn't that f**king difficult.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

George Hamilton needs to retire, he had an absolute shocker again last night.

Hearing him attempt to pronounce the French and Belgian players with this fake French twang was embarrassing. 
And he couldn't wait to mention Napoleon's march on Moscow when the final whistle went.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:33pm
Not a big fan of Darragh as a presenter but he always really struggles to hide how against England he is. That makes me warm to him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic