Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE World Cup Coverage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:39pm
Great analysis by Duffer there
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:55pm
Kerr ditched for the these matches🤨
Probably give him the 3rd/4th place game. Clowns
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Kerr ditched for the these matches🤨
Probably give him the 3rd/4th place game. Clowns

They must have dunted him ouurra the commentry box.  Pity as he's a very knicky knacky type commentator
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Great analysis by Duffer there

Yeah he had it down to a tee! 

I like him, wish he had a bit more personality but overall he’s a very good addition.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:40pm
I can't remember if George is actually any good or not, he's been there so long it would seem strange to listen to a match on RTE without him. But his accuracy at identifying players does seem to be slipping. 

Not gone on the co-commentators, Beglin would be half decent if he stopped trying to be funny, the Examiner's Larry Ryan once asked a philosophical question on Ray 'here's what he should have done' Houghton's commentary which was 'If every player did what Ray thought they should have done, would the match finish nil all or ten all ?' which sums him up, but as grumpy and annoying as Houghton can be, Ronnie Whelan is a miserablist of the highest order, it seems every game he is on is the worst he has ever seen judging by the tone and pointing out poor play at every opportunity. 

Not saying he should be doing a Sky on it and telling us that West Ham nil, Sunderland nil on a Monday night is the best game anyone has ever seen, but jaysus he is meant to be telling us some of the good stuff (and there has been plenty of that in this WC) as well as the bad stuff. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:05am
Yeah hate Whelan and Houghton as Co commentators . It's like listening to newry rep with a scouse Dublin.accent 
AKA pedantic kunt
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah hate Whelan and Houghton as Co commentators . It's like listening to newry rep with a scouse Dublin.accent 
They're absolutely awful
Lost count of the number of times Hamilton called the wrong player last night
Some people just deserve a slap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:13am
Kerr is criminally underused 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Kerr is criminally underused 
Agreed. His analysis & knowledge are top notch in fairness. Really knows his stuff
Would actually love to see him given some sort of role in sorting out underage football in the country
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic