Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:13am
Derry v Dinamo Minsk
Shamrock v AIK

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:28am
Off to Estonia for us, happy with that

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:39pm
How hard are these draws? Know nothing about the teams
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

How hard are these draws? Know nothing about the teams

They're all tough draws. Dundalk will go through but Levadia were actually the second highest non-seed in that entire round. Shams and Derry will have to do very well to stand any chance. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 1:43pm
i'd say derry and shams will go out, hopefully dundalk will come through. if derry lose McEnef they could get a hammering, saying that they could get a hammering anyway.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
AEK Larnaka await Dundalk should Dundalk beat Levadia. That could be a tricky tie for them; Larnaka had the so-called dark arts down to a tee when City played them last season. 

Edited by adineen98 - 20 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:15pm
Larnaca were streets ahead of City last year. They won without breaking sweat
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Larnaca were streets ahead of City last year. They won without breaking sweat

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win, they nullified City effectively, but the constant niggling fouls on City and going down easily to break any momentum City tried to get going worked, and if they do the same to Dundalk, Dundalk will get very frustrated very quickly as City did, which could be their downfall.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:24pm
Yeah, their style of play was awful but it was effective. I couldn't see any LOI team getting close to them, based on that game at least.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:36pm

Yeah, their style of play was awful but it was effective. I couldn't see any LOI team getting close to them, based on that game at least.
i wouldnt go that far, they were not that good. Dundalk are better suited to europe that Cork imo anyway.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:40pm
Bit of a crappy 2nd round draw for us should we get there, good for the holidays though!

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

i wouldnt go that far, they were not that good. Dundalk are better suited to europe that Cork imo anyway.

They won in second gear, at most. They had loads to spare.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Bit of a crappy 2nd round draw for us should we get there, good for the holidays though!

Who did you get?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Who did you get?

AEK Larnaca, they got exactly the same draw as City last year which given we were un-seeded shows how unlucky they've been. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

AEK Larnaka await Dundalk should Dundalk beat Levadia. That could be a tricky tie for them; Larnaka had the so-called dark arts down to a tee when City played them last season. 

Sure according to Caufield and a certain kenny Shiels, Dundalk are terrible for niggling fouls etc... We will get on grand

2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Sure according to Caufield and a certain kenny Shiels, Dundalk are terrible for niggling fouls etc... We will get on grand

Id says thats pretty much everyones view on Dundalk not just Caufield and Shiels. Diving and surrounding the ref, Dundalks style of football.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:14pm
That’s why we will be grand 
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:03pm
I have a question about home domestic stadiums.

To other fans, is the redeveloped Brandywell Stadium considered a new ground or at least a consideration in listing European matches at The Brandywell?

For instance, any marketing that includes 'Derry's first UEFA game since their return to the Brandywell/ redeveloped of the Brandywell' 'First home UEFA game on Astro' that sort of thing maybe considered as 'new' for some Fans. It's worth an asterix on a list to me.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic