Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group C- FRA/AUS/PER/DEN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:57pm
Australia are a far cry from the squad they had 12 years ago. A tight win over Syria, and a two penalty win over Honduras got them to the WC. Fair due, they did what they had to do, but I think they wont be influencing the outcome of the group.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:42am
I think the Aussies might surprise us as PM said they are a tough team to play against but they may struggle to score.

But the beauty of Football is you never know.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 10:56am
La Marseillaise Clap

One of the great national anthems 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 11:18am
Aussie's giving French trouble from set pieces
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 11:22am
Interesting to contrast the Aussies' peformance against France's first choice Xi with ours against their second string; even they try to mix their game up a bit, trying to play out from the back at times. Do Australia have better players than us? I would suggest not.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Interesting to contrast the Aussies' peformance against France's first choice Xi with ours against their second string; even they try to mix their game up a bit, trying to play out from the back at times. Do Australia have better players than us? I would suggest not.
Probably correct about the players. They’ve a game plan and look well coached. Something we’ve been lacking for a while now.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:13pm
First var incident. Took a bit of time to go back for it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:13pm
Should have been referred to VAR straight away. Ridiculous length of time 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:15pm
Farcical! Absolutely farcical!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:16pm
Lawro is a clown and unbearable to listen to for his commentary
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:17pm
Penalty!!!!

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:17pm
Clear peno

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:17pm
Is the decision based on the clipped foot after the tackle? I.E. the illegal tackle was subsequent to the legal one?

I'm trying to figure out how that could be a penalty.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:18pm
Took far too long to reach the decision and I'm not convinced it was a peno the football was touched before the man.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:18pm
1-1

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Took far too long to reach the decision and I'm not convinced it was a peno the football was touched before the man.

He slightly touches the ball and it makes no difference to the path the ball is travelling and then he takes out Griezmann. Pen for me

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Is the decision based on the clipped foot after the tackle? I.E. the illegal tackle was subsequent to the legal one?

But it is the one tackle though, surely? He can't help but follow through. Otherwise tackling is illegal.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

But it is the one tackle though, surely? He can't help but follow through. Otherwise tackling is illegal.

I would agree if that's a penalty then we're going to be seeing penalties in every game. Ridiculous decision 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic