You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France v IRELAND Match Thread, 28/05/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I know that. He only played 8 minutes though.

Yeah but he’s with Villa all week ffs 

I'm aware of that.

Graham Burke played 90 mins last week against Sligo on the Saturday at 8pm and somehow made it over to Glasgow to play a game at about 3pm the next day.

If I were in Hogan's shoes I'd get over to Paris and try get on the pitch and try and play myself into the starting 11.

are you really comparing a testimonial against a Celtic team still celebrating a cup final win from the day before with a world cup warm up game for France?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

I'm aware of that.

Graham Burke played 90 mins last week against Sligo on the Saturday at 8pm and somehow made it over to Glasgow to play a game at about 3pm the next day.

If I were in Hogan's shoes I'd get over to Paris and try get on the pitch and try and play myself into the starting 11.

are you really comparing a testimonial against a Celtic team still celebrating a cup final win from the day before with a world cup warm up game for France?
Id say it’s more the effort he made to be there. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I'm aware of that.

Id say it’s more the effort he made to be there. 

Yeah not sure why he is excused considering they lost. Should be there even at the 11th hour on the back of a loss. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:41pm

I'm aware of that.

As BSM said, one person made the effort and the other didn't, I don't think the opposition matters.

Andy Reid said he would swim the Irish Sea if has called up!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:52pm

I'm aware of that.

As BSM said, one person made the effort and the other didn't, I don't think the opposition matters.

Andy Reid said he would swim the Irish Sea if has called up!

In my opinion, making the effort to play in a meaningless pedestrian friendly against Celtic shows a far more serious desire to pull on the green jersey as opposed to not making the effort after 8 mins of action, a few days rest and against one of the best teams in football. I will make an allowance for Hogan having had a long season under his belt and at a higher level than Burke, but you'd think he'd still want to meet up and be there if needed and involved in the setup
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 5:31pm
Hogan would not have made it to a single training session before the game, the last one was yesterday morning, so he wouldn't feature, as this is France in the Stade de France. Pointless to make the journey over when he wouldn't have got near the pitch. Probably agreed with MON to join up tomorrow, which is the right thing to do. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Hogan would not have made it to a single training session before the game, the last one was yesterday morning, so he wouldn't feature, as this is France in the Stade de France. Pointless to make the journey over when he wouldn't have got near the pitch. Probably agreed with MON to join up tomorrow, which is the right thing to do. 
He may not have trained over the past few days with the team,but he has played the game before. He’s not a pole vaulter being introduced to football ffs. London -Paris is a stones throw. Got your hole out day and gel with the lads! That’s my opinion 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 6:55pm
Will we get the pitchforks our for hourahine too then? I know he got injured but he wouldn't of been linking up for this game either !  Also, any word on tonights team? LOL
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:01pm
Derick Williams starts 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:03pm
Cant post the team here for some reason but looks to be a 4-4-2.

I think it’s probablt a decent enough side to not be embarrassed. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Cant post the team here for some reason but looks to be a 4-4-2.

I think it’s probablt a decent enough side to not be embarrassed. 

The mods are getting very strict on here.Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:08pm
Are you actually capable of posting anything but a whinge 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Its in his DNA.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:12pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Its in his DNA.

He’s right though 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:18pm

France 🇫🇷 team to face Ireland 🇮🇪: Mandanda (GK), Mendy, Rami, Sidibe, Umtiti, Matuidi (C), Nzonzi, Tolisso, Fekir, Giroud, Mbappe. 
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

France 🇫🇷 team to face Ireland 🇮🇪: Mandanda (GK), Mendy, Rami, Sidibe, Umtiti, Matuidi (C), Nzonzi, Tolisso, Fekir, Giroud, Mbappe. 

We could sneak a famous win here.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:30pm
Looking forward to seeing Rice in midfield. Williams I don'f know much about so will be interesting. Walters still has something to offer but probably mostly from the bench but good to get him game time. Interested to see Kevin Long and Shane Duffy play together. Hopefully get a decent partnership going.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
  Share Topic