Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France v IRELAND Match Thread, 28/05/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by randydaza randydaza wrote:

Originally posted by el2nz el2nz wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

the utter indifference everyone has for these upcoming friendlies. I'd say the American game will be really low unless the weather is cracking

The FAI know this, which is why they're wheeling John O'Shea out for a farewell game and trying to market it that way.

Whats with the kick off time of 8:08 for the USA game? would have thought a 5 o'clock kick off would have got a better turnout. Not many folks would fancy driving back down the country after the game on a bank holiday weekend, or is kick off time still TBC?

It's an 8:08 KO To Suit US television 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

the utter indifference everyone has for these upcoming friendlies. I'd say the American game will be really low unless the weather is cracking

The FAI know this, which is why they're wheeling John O'Shea out for a farewell game and trying to market it that way.

Whats with the kick off time of 8:08 for the USA game? would have thought a 5 o'clock kick off would have got a better turnout. Not many folks would fancy driving back down the country after the game on a bank holiday weekend, or is kick off time still TBC?

This Wells Fargo Soccer international is brought to you in association with Dicks Sporting Goods.  Stay tuned for the Pepsi Half Time Show where we have Imelda May and Tim McGraw.  And now we go live to Dublin, Ireland and join our announcers Alexi Lalas and All American Irish Soccer Legend Joe Lapira. 

This message has beeen brought to you by Wells Fargo. 'Simplify your banking with Wells Fargo'.

Image result for wells fargo

And..

Dicks Sporting Goods.  'Get active with Dicks'

Image result for dicks sporting goods

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

This Wells Fargo Soccer international is brought to you in association with Dicks Sporting Goods.  Stay tuned for the Pepsi Half Time Show where we have Imelda May and Tim McGraw.  And now we go live to Dublin, Ireland and join our announcers Alexi Lalas and All American Irish Soccer Legend Joe Lapira. 

This message has beeen brought to you by Wells Fargo. 'Simplify your banking with Wells Fargo'.

And..

Dicks Sporting Goods.  'Get active with Dicks'

LOLLOLLOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Dont know if the french game is a good thing or not, You could pick a French team excluding all 23 players that are going to the world cup and it would be superior to what we have to offer at the moment. 
Would hate to see us take a hammering next monday you just dont know how these games will go. You would imagine the french players will be mindful not to be picking up injuries at this stage too. If we can remain competitive it should be a good run out for our younger lads.

I hope we play plenty of young players.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:21pm
Playing one of the top teams in world football isn't a place to be playing plenty of young lads.

Getting hammered 4-0/5-0 won't do their development any good, some lads think this is Football Manager.

Play your strongest 11 and give a couple of players a run out, no more.

It's not Lativa or Finland we're playing, no matter who France pick they will be top players.  
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:44pm
Squad for the France and USA matches confirmed. Supple and Burke make it.

Republic of Ireland squad
Goalkeepers: Colin Doyle, Conor O'Malley, Shane Supple
Defenders: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, John Egan, Shane Duffy, Kevin Long, Darragh Lenihan, Declan Rice, John O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Derrick Williams, Greg Cunningham
Midfielders: Callum O'Dowda, Harry Arter, Jeff Hendrick, David Meyler, Eunan O'Kane, Alan Browne, Shaun Williams, James McClean, Daryl Horgan
Forwards: Jonathan Walters, Shane Long, Graham Burke
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Squad for the France and USA matches confirmed. Supple and Burke make it.

Republic of Ireland squad
Goalkeepers: Colin Doyle, Conor O'Malley, Shane Supple
Defenders: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, John Egan, Shane Duffy, Kevin Long, Darragh Lenihan, Declan Rice, John O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Derrick Williams, Greg Cunningham
Midfielders: Callum O'Dowda, Harry Arter, Jeff Hendrick, David Meyler, Eunan O'Kane, Alan Browne, Shaun Williams, James McClean, Daryl Horgan
Forwards: Jonathan Walters, Shane Long, Graham Burke
Light up top with no Maguire 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Playing one of the top teams in world football isn't a place to be playing plenty of young lads.

Getting hammered 4-0/5-0 won't do their development any good, some lads think this is Football Manager.

Play your strongest 11 and give a couple of players a run out, no more.

It's not Lativa or Finland we're playing, no matter who France pick they will be top players.  
Sorry didn't mean so much in the starting line up more gradually.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Robinson?

He doesnt have international clearence to play yet. light up top with maguire out and hogan away with villa
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:39pm
Presuming then we'll see Burke in one of the games at least then
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:08pm
We need to start a strong side to avoid a hammering. 

I’d go something like: 

——————--O’Malley
Coleman - Duffy - Long - Cunningham 
————-—Rice —— Arter 
——————-Browne
O’Dowda ————————McClean
———————Walters.

I think this side could keep things competitive. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:41pm

Presuming then we'll see Burke in one of the games at least then

I’d say we will but I’d imagine this will be against the yanks 
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:42pm
.................................Doyle................

Coleman.........Duffy...........O'Shea..............Cunningham

............Hendrick..........Rice...............Browne

..............O'Dowda............Long..............McClean
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:10pm
Maccatacca's team is close t what I'd go for but maybe with Long instead of Walters. No way I'd be playing O'Shea anyway
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:36am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Maccatacca's team is close t what I'd go for but maybe with Long instead of Walters. No way I'd be playing O'Shea anyway

I think O'Shea joins up with the squad after the France game.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:38pm
O'Kane out of the squad. Alan Judge called up to replace him 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:37pm

O'Kane out of the squad. Alan Judge called up to replace him 
Pleased to see AJ back after all his injury problems.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:13am
Shame Seán Maguire is missing with a hamstring injury for this match.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
  Share Topic