You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lee O'Connor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Not in the squad for the final against Sunderland today despite all the talk about him.

Hes injured
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:09pm
Well that’s a focking waste of time for the scout ffs. 

Hopefully AMc makes it a worthwhile mission 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 7:09pm
McGeady made the goal and played well...never thought he would make a squad again but it’s not right to ignore him in the form he’s in and the experience he brings plus he’s finally learned to cross a ball ⚽️ 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Not in the squad for the final against Sunderland today despite all the talk about him.

I think you should do a quick check on whether a player is injured before your next "Irish player dropped" post. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:06pm
He played in midfield today, I know in the reverse fixture he played at right-back. I didn't know he could play in midfield, did he start off there?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He played in midfield today, I know in the reverse fixture he played at right-back. I didn't know he could play in midfield, did he start off there?

Hes been playing there quite a bit as a very mobile holding midfielder, I believe he's won a few MOTM for his performances there. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Hes been playing there quite a bit as a very mobile holding midfielder, I believe he's won a few MOTM for his performances there. 
That's the role he played today. Tranmere had Khan at right-back too, who I had previously seen as a winger for a couple of different clubs.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:23pm

Apparently done well there this year. When he was coming through at United he played across the back and in midfield.

I think he’ll be a player for us. He has a lot of ability 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:06pm
He played midfield for us at the Euro Under 19s I think. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there, there's a player in there but I'm not sure he's a good enough right back.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:45pm

I remember reading on a Manchester United forum a couple of years ago that he was a cracking centre half but just never got the growth spurt he needed to play there as a senior. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:37pm
Bradford v Tranmere tonight.

Anthony O'Connor, Paudie O'Connor and Lee O'Connor all start. Surely the first time 3 Irish-born players with the same surname have started a game at that level or higher.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 1:13am
Great question - Daryl Murphy, Paul Murphy, and Brian Murphy all started in Ipswich's 1-0 win against S****horpe in a Championship game in March 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/8558495.stm
This was only three weeks after the same players had started in the reverse fixture in February 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/8528139.stm

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 21 Apr 2021 at 1:13am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:22pm
Played CB today as part of a back three, and Tranmere are in the play offs.

Edited by J89 - 08 May 2021 at 5:23pm
EastcoastUSA View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastcoastUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 1:16am
in general this season seems to have been very positive for Lee. Has played a lot of games. 
He obviously has footballing ability, composure and reads the game well so to me the most important thing this year was that he has been exposed to the physicality of lower league football and performed well week in week out. I think playing in a back 3 or else holding midfielder will ultimately be where he makes his mark but I think that will be in the championship and not with Celtic. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:04pm
Started RFB for Tranmere in the first leg of their playoff versus Morecambe.
Doing grand...open game and they are 2-1 down.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:04pm
That bout of whinging to the ref and linesman was pretty pathetic from him considering he instigated the incident by running in from 20 yards away to shove the other lad.

He still looks too lightweight for senior football to me. Needs a summer in the gym, if they even have one at Lennoxtown (if they do they must have have never told Duffy where it was).
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:36pm
Taken off at half time in the second leg. Tranmere look like they're going out. Gave one of the Morecambe attackers a free header in the build up to their goal, just completely backed out of the challenge and 5 seconds later the ball was in the net. Doesn't seem to have the fight in him for senior football at all, doesn't want to know when it comes to the physical stuff.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Taken off at half time in the second leg. Tranmere look like they're going out. Gave one of the Morecambe attackers a free header in the build up to their goal, just completely backed out of the challenge and 5 seconds later the ball was in the net. Doesn't seem to have the fight in him for senior football at all, doesn't want to know when it comes to the physical stuff.

Did you see Scully was whipped at half time yesterday too? I just didn't see you post about it in his thread. Your last posts there were about senior call ups. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic