You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 8th - Repealed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 42>
Poll Question: Will you vote to Repeal the 8th amendment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [64.35%]
41 [35.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:11pm
The sooner this referendum is over the better
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I agree 
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

There are 6,000 children currently in foster care in Ireland. 100 babies are born with drug addictions every year in Ireland. There are 10,000 registered drug addicts in Ireland availing of methadone clinics, the vast majority of those were born in to families with drug or alcohol problems and/or passed through foster care. A lot of these people are here as their mothers didn't have the means or the wherewithal to travel to England. 'Love Both' my bollix! These people have had nobody to love them.

All of the above aside, if anyone had the misfortune to see their sister go through, what my sister went through, you would all be voting 'Yes', like me, and the rest of my family!

That is a very salient point. One of the major deficiencies of the so-called "pro-life" movement is the fact that they don't seem to be overly interested in what happens after the baby is born, and has to be cared for. John Oliver dealt with this issue recently, in which he had audio footage of a pro-life advocate claiming that the next major goal of mothers who would otherwise go for terminations is to make them "self-sufficient", which is right-wing virtue signalling of the highest order.

Sure the fookers spend half their time demonising single mothers. 

If they're not calling them "sluts", they're claiming that they "pop out" kids to avoid responsibility and "enjoy" a "lifestyle" on social welfare. 

They routinely caricature them as "pyjama-wearing freeloaders". 

The hypocrisy is fooking breathtaking.

True.

Always struck me as being a bit hypocritical that "anti-abortionists" are against abortion, but also against proper sex education in scools that would prevent a lot of unwanted pregnancies.

They're against abortion. but also against welfare for single mothers to look after these children once they are born.

They're against abortion, but for capital punishment

So someone who is pro life is pro.capital punishment

So you are saying that someone that is pro choice (agrees with the killing of an innocent child) is anti the death penalty (believes that a murder to g child rapist deserves to live but the innocent product of his deeds is sentenced to die.    That really is f**ked up is it not.

Sadly the vast majority of people who are jot fanatical supporters either way can not have a sensible debate sticking to actual facts.
I know nothing :-)
Wodawick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wodawick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:06pm

Yes to that.....
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:16pm

I cant help but feel that the end of the referendum will only be the beginning. There will be the usual clatter of Judicial Reviews, and challenges from members of the losing side, if passed, the long and fractious debate about legislating for it, if it doesn't pass the massive ill feeling and demands for a re-run, which may be heeded.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:30pm
If yes is passed, what is needed then to make it law? Does the proposed legislation then need a majority in the Dail and the Seanad?

I can see it being 10 years before we get anything real
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

If yes is passed, what is needed then to make it law? Does the proposed legislation then need a majority in the Dail and the Seanad?

Yes, and with a minority govt could well bring the govt down.

I would imagine any legislation would be a free vote at this stage, as any attempt at imposing a whip would fail for both FG and FF
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:20pm

Any bill for any proposed law needs to pass the Dail, Seanad and President.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:04pm
I see the Together For Yes donations page was shut down last night by a cyber attack from within Ireland
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Any bill for any proposed law needs to pass the Dail, Seanad and President.

The Dail can overrule the Seanad and there'll be no question of the President not signing it, given that there will be no question of it being unconstitutional.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:56pm
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

http://www.thejournal.ie/bishop-abortion-far-worse-rape-4006848-May2018/

I'm sure Bishop Farrell has undertaken plenty of research to back up such nonsensical claimsConfused
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:37pm
Yeah the women should carry the babies to full term and then donate them to church for the church to stuff into septic tanks again
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:46pm
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:55pm

The current makeup of the Dail guarantees very little when it comes to the legislative action on this. Apart from Labour, i suspect there could be dissent from all sides for a variety of reasons.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:40pm

Shocking? Yes

Surprising? No

The sooner this cult dies a death the better!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:03pm

Sadly given too much publicity, really sick comments

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Sadly given too much publicity, really sick comments

Backward comments like this are bound to attract publicity. Neither his side or his entity benefits from such stupid comments and will turn more and more people away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 42>
  Share Topic