You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 8th - Repealed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Poll Question: Will you vote to Repeal the 8th amendment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [64.35%]
41 [35.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I see the people who voted no above haven't been brave enough to post as to their reasoning why, pity really.

I can't vote on this but am 100% voting repeal the 8th.

i think silly comments like this is why many silent "no" voters wont engage in a debate...

I honestly cannot see how you could vote no and not be a 'wacko' of some sort. Can anybody explain to me how they could rationalise voting no?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:00am

I see the people who voted no above haven't been brave enough to post as to their reasoning why, pity really.
They're entitled to take the 5th LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:02am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:06am
Can't read the full article but I assume it can be summed up as 'GAA man in being backwards shocker'.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

i think silly comments like this is why many silent "no" voters wont engage in a debate...

I honestly cannot see how you could vote no and not be a 'wacko' of some sort. Can anybody explain to me how they could rationalise voting no?

do you really not understand why someone would choose not engage with this??? 

additionally, how could you debate this issue with someone who has f*** the pope in their signature.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

They're entitled to take the 5th LOL

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:11am
Surely people can put forward their point of view, if it's reasonable. The latter is presumably the problem.

My views on the Vatican PLC are clear and with very good reason. I think it is absolutely sickening that the leader of an organisation that caused so much pain and suffering in Ireland, a man who himself covered up sexual abuse, can be greeted by half a million people worshipping him
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:19am

additionally, how could you debate this issue with someone who has f*** the pope in their signature.

Dunno why but this comment prompted me to enjoy some more of this excellent movie

El Puto Amo
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:19am

Can you explain why you think my comment is silly?

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:24am
I will vote yes but I do think there should be restrictions.

In cases where the child or mother's lives are in danger, in cases of rape/incest etc it 100% gets my backing.

But I don't agree in abortions in cases where a woman / couple feel they just don't want to have a baby and have it aborted, if people are stupid enough to not practice safe sex then they shouldn't be allowed have an abortion in my opinion, I know a few people that have done this and think it's a disgrace.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

But I don't agree in abortions in cases where a woman / couple feel they just don't want to have a baby and have it aborted, if people are stupid enough to not practice safe sex then they shouldn't be allowed have an abortion in my opinion, I know a few people that have done this and think it's a disgrace.
Yeah that's the only thing that's making me question it really.

I suppose the counter is that:
1. Those people travel to England anyway so you're just removing a journey
2. I imagine the abortion procedure is fairly nasty so it's not like people are going to use this as a contraceptive
3. Major generalization here, but I'd imagine some of the people who get pregnant young by accident and would now avail of abortion are probably from disadvantaged backgrounds, the types whose kids will end up "having a tough upbringing" and ending up in front of a judge at some point with 300+ convictions on their record. It might help with a bit of natural selection.

I'm sure there's a nicer way of saying that last point.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:30am

I will vote yes but I do think there should be restrictions.

In cases where the child or mother's lives are in danger, in cases of rape/incest etc it 100% gets my backing.

100% agree
Some people just deserve a slap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah that's the only thing that's making me question it really.

I suppose the counter is that:
1. Those people travel to England anyway so you're just removing a journey

Michael O'Leary will be voting No then.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:36am

Can you explain why you think my comment is silly?

because your targeting people who have voted no by immediately questioning their "bravery" - ffs  are you unable to see how can could be taken as antagonistic. 

People might vote in a way you don't like for a number of reasons.  Healthy debate is good. in fact it should be your ultimate aim if you want to change their opinion on the question. calling them wacko's doesn't encourage debate. this comment is not just about the abortion question. it's about all debate. I've probably been guilty of this myself. the brexit referendum was a classic example of this. If you voted leave you were a racist so many leave voters kept quiet, and still voted leave...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:40am
But there were many reasons to vote leave, rightly or wrongly. The problem with that campaign, on both sides, was that it became about immigration.
I still haven't heard a genuine reason for voting no and people who may be leaning towards voting no are refusing to give a reason because they are afraid, before expressing them, that their views will be sneered at, which suggests that those views are irrational.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:42am

But there were many reasons to vote leave, rightly or wrongly. The problem with that campaign, on both sides, was that it became about immigration.
I still haven't heard a genuine reason for voting no and people who may be leaning towards voting no are refusing to give a reason because they are afraid, before expressing them, that their views will be sneered at, which suggests that those views are irrational.

They might be afraid of giving a reason because before they have had a chance to do so, they are already being labelled as wackos - That's the point !
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

They might be afraid of giving a reason because before they have had a chance to do so, they are already being labelled as wackos - That's the point !

thank you.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It is catch 22 then! The reason they are being so labelled is for not giving a reason! They are essentially labelling themselves.

Edited by pre Madonna - 28 Mar 2018 at 11:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic