You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 8th - Repealed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
Poll Question: Will you vote to Repeal the 8th amendment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [64.35%]
41 [35.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:58am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

For those asking about opinion re abortion in the north. LucidTalk polls are the most reliable in the north, calling the last general election and assembly election within a couple of percentage points. Also correctly forecasted Brexit 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 8:46am

For those asking about opinion re abortion in the north. LucidTalk polls are the most reliable in the north, calling the last general election and assembly election within a couple of percentage points. Also correctly forecasted Brexit 

S Ireland - what that prick was asked his opinion ?

Bit of a unionist term imo 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:20am
One of the interesting upshots of this referendum is the "what's next" mantra that I'm beginning to hear. I'm trying to figure out what would actually promote the same level of civic activity and interest, in the same nature of equal marriage and repeal the 8th.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

One of the interesting upshots of this referendum is the "what's next" mantra that I'm beginning to hear. I'm trying to figure out what would actually promote the same level of civic activity and interest, in the same nature of equal marriage and repeal the 8th.
Getting the Brits out!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:44am
That was a fairly massive win, seems all the undecideds swung yes in the end.

Hope to f**k now it makes its way through the Dail and Oireachtas promptly and it doesn't drag on for years
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:50am

I would hope that we get a vote on the legalisation of marijuana in the near future
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:44pm
HC, that could be done by the Government without needing a referendum. All that would be needed is the will of a government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:13pm

HC, that could be done by the Government without needing a referendum. All that would be needed is the will of a government.
Correct. Hopefully we decriminalise everything first.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:47pm
Truly a monumental result yesterday. Near impossible not to feel emotional about it. Huge credit has to be given to those who canvassed for Yes and those who shared their stories of unimaginable heartbreak.

I have no doubt there was people who voted No and had valid reasons to do so. And I respect their opinion. It just so happened their campaign was led by some of the most appalling and disgusting people who resorted to anything to win the referendum. They got what they deserved yesterday.

My only regret was not meeting some pro life American f**kwit on the streets and laying into them about their hypocrisy.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Correct. Hopefully we decriminalise everything first.

Ah, I was unaware of that. That makes me feel somewhat less confident though LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 7:37pm

We're due three more later this year (on the same day), directly elected mayors, Blasphemy and the role of women in the home.

3 more next year then, more liberal divorce laws, allowing ex-pats to vote and reducing the voting age to 16.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

We're due three more later this year (on the same day), directly elected mayors, Blasphemy and the role of women in the home.

3 more next year then, more liberal divorce laws, allowing ex-pats to vote and reducing the voting age to 16.

I'd imagine both of these will have a very poor turnout. But all should pass comfortably bar the last two you mentioned 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'd imagine both of these will have a very poor turnout. But all should pass comfortably bar the last two you mentioned 
They'll pass by over 75% but with a very low turn out. I agree, the last two would not pass.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:28pm
The ex-pat vote has legitimate reasons for opposition. It would interesting how it would play out and how the parties would view a vote like that.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 12:04am
Is the ex pat one not related to presidential election only? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 5:23pm
Ex pat me hole. There's very few expats... immigrants living in other countries is what most of us are. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Getting the Brits out!

i wonder would we see #hometovote out in force again in a UI referendum.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Ex pat me hole. There's very few expats... immigrants living in other countries is what most of us are. 

Whatever Postman Pat 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
  Share Topic