You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celtic V Republic of Ireland XI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:50am
check out Naomh Padraig CSC on facebook, think I seen them advertising that they had spaces on a day trip. based in Dublin so could be handy for you.
Sponsored Links

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

check out Naomh Padraig CSC on facebook, think I seen them advertising that they had spaces on a day trip. based in Dublin so could be handy for you.

yip. thats how were doing it. long day but hopefully a cracking day. 95e
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

yip. thats how were doing it. long day but hopefully a cracking day. 95e

On this myself Thumbs Up
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:24am
Also Newcastle could be worth looking into .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

What’s the cheapest option from Dublin on the morning of the match, bit of a last minute decision, sail rail, maybe super Dave could advise
wouldnt be sail railing from Dublin Doc. That sounds like a nightmare.
Check flights to Glasgow and Prestwick and have a look at Edinburgh too then choo choo to Glasgow.

Match is 2pm on a Sunday. You can't sailrail from Dublin on Sunday morning in time for that.

https://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferries-to-britain/coach-sail/belfast-to-glasgow

6:30am bus from Belfast is the only real plan, heading up to Belfast the night before.

I think the sailrail train fares from Belfast on Sunday morning may actually have sold out for that match - they aren't showing up on any of the normal booking websites.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 11 May 2018 at 12:58pm
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I think the sailrail train fares from Belfast on Sunday morning may actually have sold out for that match - they aren't showing up on any of the normal booking websites.

Keep an eye on those sites, they'll probably put on extra buses.
It's a few years back now, but they did for when Derry were playing Gretna away in the UEFA Cup.  It took them a while to catch on that there was the demand though.  Could be an idea to contact them and ask.
City Till I Die
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:48pm
Well you can definitely book the bus at the minute. That'd be the way to go. I'd imagine they'll put on extra buses direct from Belfast to Glasgow (or Cairnryan to Glasgow) if needs be, but maybe not the extra Cairnryan to Ayr buses they need for the sailrail tickets.

Were I going, I'd book the direct bus now if I had no other way over.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Well you can definitely book the bus at the minute. That'd be the way to go. I'd imagine they'll put on extra buses direct from Belfast to Glasgow (or Cairnryan to Glasgow) if needs be, but maybe not the extra Cairnryan to Ayr buses they need for the sailrail tickets.

Were I going, I'd book the direct bus now if I had no other way over.

its getting back is the problem SD. Realistic its the next day, as last bus is 4.30 from Buchanan, and match only starts at 2.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:39pm
lads I've 2 spares for this if anyone wants them. F.V of course.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:20am
The Gallowgate will be jammed next Sunday, especially if they win on Saturday. Thinking Malone's Bar off Sauchiehall St. might be a good option for a meetup before the game. If the weather is good they have a rooftop garden, so it can cater for a good crowd.

Wetherspoons Sir John Moore 260-272 Argyle St, Glasgow G2 8QW, UK behind Central Station opens at 8AM. You can have a breakfast and pint early for those of you on the rail/sail option. All Wetherspoons open the same time, but this is the closest to the train & centre.Thumbs Up.

It's a good 40 minute walk Argyle St. to Celtic Park.

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:51pm
long shot but does anyone know of any spare tickets for the cup final going around for the Saturday? 

Cheers 
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:16am
1 Spare ticket for Irish/Celtic match and 1 for Paris going if anyone needs one, Face value of course, one of the lads was booked for both for the last few weeks and got a promotion in work and all his rosters changed so cant go to either now. LOL
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:11pm
anyone know if this game is on tv?
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Celtic tv will probably play it 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Celtic tv will probably play it 
Yeah, they are. There will be plenty streams too. I will post a couple up on Sunday.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:34pm
Would Mc Clean be good enough to join up with Celtic for next season ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:39pm
It is irrelevant whether he is or not, the board won't want the hassle. It would be Lennon times ten.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It is irrelevant whether he is or not, the board won't want the hassle. It would be Lennon times ten.

Yea true ... he says he dreamed of playing for Celtic and I thought he might some day but that passion/hate he has inside him would be like a time bomb up there in Glasgow 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic