You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U17's - Have done us proud at Euro 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 38>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Here's a test for yis (apart from LoudandClear) ;

2. Keeper takes a kick-out but the ball DOES NOT leave the box and is blown by the wind back into the net. Verdict ? Re-take goal kick

3. Keeper takes a kick-out and the ball DOES leave the box but is blown by the wind back into the net. Verdict ? Goal

Edited by Banjaxed - 17 May 2018 at 4:38pm
Sponsored Links

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:59pm
If your saying there the answers then your incorrect
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:01pm
Sorry I thought it was the Scot McKay who answered. I will shut the fook up
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:13pm
Be interesting to see how the English get on against them this evening, thought they looked very ordinary for overwhelming tournament favorites ......or was it just us who were that effective in what we did that they were made to look ordinary
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:23pm
I' probably gonna get shot for saying this but just like the senior team we seemed be bit in awe of them. And just like senior team when we go behind and take them on we are at our best.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I' probably gonna get shot for saying this but just like the senior team we seemed be bit in awe of them. And just like senior team when we go behind and take them on we are at our best.

100% right, and talking to one of the lads on the flight home, he said that we would never had scored when it was 0 0, we only pushed forward when behind.

Having said that had we pushed forward we could well have been punished for it.

One of these things we will never know.

Still hope the Dutch hammer the Brits.
I know nothing :-)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:34pm
Looks like pens coming up England/Netherlands

to be watched closely
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:52pm
Holland thru 6 5 
I know nothing :-)
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:53pm
Will I be the one to say it about the winning save or does someone else want to LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:55pm
the dutch goalkeeper was so far off his line he nearly dived into my front living room
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:55pm
Need to see that one again 20 times to draw a conclusion
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:24pm
https://streamable.com/g7m7o

Here's the shootout from the match tonight. Skip right to the end and try tell me what the Irish keep did was in anyway different to this save? It's a f**king joke the inconsistency 
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:26pm
Joey Koorevaar of the Netherlands saves a penalty from Englands Folarin Balogun
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:28pm
That is hilarious coming only the few days after the fuss over the Ireland penalty. Same tournament, same team involved. You would think the officials would be under serious pressure to be consistent after the last day. The Dutch keepers left leg is clearly about 1 yard ahead of the line as the ball is about to be struck. Now in the regular run of things to me, just drive on, great save as that has always been the way the penalties have been saved. 

Considering that the Irish incident was only a few days ago, it's beyond farcical that that was not ordered as a retake imo. In saying that, it really is no surprise though. As the decision to award a retake against Ireland was totally against how referees always referee shootouts, which is by giving plenty of leeway to keepers (my Dudek reference earlier today being a comical example of a keeper walking 2 odd yards off his line during the run up and no infringement given against him).
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

Joey Koorevaar of the Netherlands saves a penalty from Englands Folarin Balogun

Tbf, that still doesn't show the whole story. That is fine is the goalkeeper was on the line as the ball is struck. It only takes 2 seconds to see that he is actually a yard off his line though, just before the ball is struck on a replay. VAR will be having a field day at the world cup LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

https://streamable.com/g7m7o

Here's the shootout from the match tonight. Skip right to the end and try tell me what the Irish keep did was in anyway different to this save? It's a f**king joke the inconsistency 
That's just a link to what appears to be the Streamable homepage.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:35pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:40pm

Edited by bhob - 17 May 2018 at 11:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 38>
  Share Topic