You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U17's - Have done us proud at Euro 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

It looked to me that he had one foot on the line as the Dutch lad struck the ball. Is it a case that both feet have to be on the line?
Maybe, but he took two steps forward. He had to have been off the line at some point and was ridiculously obvious about it.

I think you are overstating how obvious it was that he was off his line. I would imagine that if we examined any peno shootout since this rule was brought in, there would be evidence of a keeper infringing in the same manner
The fact that people aren't grasping it would suggest otherwise. It was one of the most blatant examples in my time watching football. 

Well we disagree on that point. I didn't think the incident was especially blatant and I have seen much worse. Anyway, I'll be watching how keepers move with interest in future shootouts to see if this rule is enforced as strictly. 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

The difference between Paris and Belfast is that the referee incorrectly applied the laws of the game in Belfast.  In Paris he just missed something (although I blame the linesman really).  

OM got into last night's Europa League Final because the referee incorrectly gave them a corner at the end of extra time in Salzburg.  You cannot replay games over refereeing mistakes.  On the very rare occasion when a referee doesn't know the laws of the game then it may be possible particularly for a last minute penalty.  
I understand what you're saying but how do we know the Ref in Paris'09 didn't make a mistake.
How do we prove that he DID see the handball and said feck it I don't like Paddies and Blatter's giving me an envelope, a Rolex and a Lebanese hooker after the game.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:49am

It looked to me that he had one foot on the line as the Dutch lad struck the ball. Is it a case that both feet have to be on the line?
Maybe, but he took two steps forward. He had to have been off the line at some point and was ridiculously obvious about it.

I think you are overstating how obvious it was that he was off his line. I would imagine that if we examined any peno shootout since this rule was brought in, there would be evidence of a keeper infringing in the same manner
The fact that people aren't grasping it would suggest otherwise. It was one of the most blatant examples in my time watching football. 

Well we disagree on that point. I didn't think the incident was especially blatant and I have seen much worse. Anyway, I'll be watching how keepers move with interest in future shootouts to see if this rule is enforced as strictly. 
He charges out! If the referee doesn't call it back, especially after warning the Dutch goalkeeper for doing what goalkeepers do, then we may as well all pack in watching it.
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:05am
dont know if it was mentioned here but if a team goes down to 10 men in a shootout does the other team have to take one of their players off the list of penalty takers?
cup champions
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:07am

He didn't charge out PM. He had at least some part of one of his feet on the line all the way through.

Before the kick his toes were on the line. After the kick, the back of his left foot was on the line. It wasn't like he was reenacting the Battle of the Somme.  
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:19am

He didn't charge out PM. He had at least some part of one of his feet on the line all the way through.

Before the kick his toes were on the line. After the kick, the back of his left foot was on the line. It wasn't like he was reenacting the Battle of the Somme.  
It doesn't look far off it actually! It was, as he has more or less admitted himself, incredibly naive.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:27am
I still have no idea how any can say he was definitively off his line for this penalty. It is exceptionally tight, and I would tend to agree with MC thoughts on Corcorans feet touching the line. If that's wrong, it's still very tight. It's being painted here as if it's absolutely blatant. It clearly is not when viewed slowed down. I mentioned this yesterday, Dudeks save on Pirlos penalty in the 05 CL. Now that is an example of a keeper clearly cheating. It's actually comical how bad it was when you look at it. Corcorans save isn't in the same world as an example like that.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I still have no idea how any can say he was definitively off his line for this penalty. It is exceptionally tight, and I would tend to agree with MC thoughts on Corcorans feet touching the line. If that's wrong, it's still very tight. It's being painted here as if it's absolutely blatant. It clearly is not when viewed slowed down. I mentioned this yesterday, Dudeks save on Pirlos penalty in the 05 CL. Now that is an example of a keeper clearly cheating. It's actually comical how bad it was when you look at it. Corcorans save isn't in the same world as an example like that.
I would consider them quite similar, the only difference being that Dudek walked slowly out, to make it even more obvious, while Corcoran charged.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:34am
They should change the laws of penos. When the whistle blows the keeper can run off his line, the player can take several touches but only has 5 seconds. 

I also visualise the keeper waving a stick for some reason, that aside, I think the Hoskins rule should be in place for World Cup 2030
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:45am
Ah here PM, there is absolutely no comparison between Corcoran and that Dudek save on Pirlo. As Pirlo strikes the ball Dudek is a solid 2 yards off his line already. This is before Dudek dives which will propel him forward another yard or so. As the still photo shows, Corcoran is either touching the line or barely ahead of it as the Dutch player strikes the ball. I feel like I must be going mad or something saying this, and hearing such a glaringly different account from yourself and others LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:46am

How many times have you rewatched it to make it so blatantly obvious ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

dont know if it was mentioned here but if a team goes down to 10 men in a shootout does the other team have to take one of their players off the list of penalty takers?
No.
If it goes to 11 penalties then a player takes a second one.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

They should change the laws of penos. When the whistle blows the keeper can run off his line, the player can take several touches but only has 5 seconds. 

I also visualise the keeper waving a stick for some reason, that aside, I think the Hoskins rule should be in place for World Cup 2030

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

How many times have you rewatched it to make it so blatantly obvious ?
At this stage, way too many times! Every time HM argues otherwise I watch it again, just in case I was wrong! The more I watch it, the more obvious it is.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:52am
The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked.
AGAIN I don't mean to be a pain but above is what Laws of the Game says.
Once lino put up flag for keeper off line referee had absolutely no choice but retake and second caution.

If retake and no card given then definitely going into protest from Netherlands area. Decision on time wasting and retake are referee team calls and not open for protest as "its in opinion of referee" but once retake is decision then caution is mandatory and not open for "will I or wont I" from referee. If caution not given in this case then Laws have been breached and open for protest.

I hope I don't sound pedantic as Im total opposite.

See you all in Paris very soon.  

Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Tony Meola is the most Americsn looking man I have ever seen. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:54am
ProudandLoud, what do you make of the photos of Corcorans position as the Dutch player strikes the ball?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked.

AGAIN I don't mean to be a pain but above is what Laws of the Game says.
Once lino put up flag for keeper off line referee had absolutely no choice but retake and second caution. 
The Ref DOES NOT have to agree with the Lino !!!!!!

The Ref DID have a choice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
  Share Topic