You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U17's - Have done us proud at Euro 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

Joey Koorevaar of the Netherlands saves a penalty from Englands Folarin Balogun

Tbf, that still doesn't show the whole story. That is fine is the goalkeeper was on the line as the ball is struck. It only takes 2 seconds to see that he is actually a yard off his line though, just before the ball is struck on a replay. VAR will be having a field day at the world cup LOL

When you watch the video in real time, the full story is revealed and the photograph pretty much does it justice. 

I wasn’t too bothered by us being knocked out on a technacility, but when you see the same issue being ignored just three days later it’s pretty annoying. 

Dutch goalkeeper blantantly jumps forward before the ball is kicked.

He also starts miles behind his line!

Edited by Maccatacca - 18 May 2018 at 5:52am
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:06am
So what is everybody’s take on this now seeing the same incident going unpunished in the semi with the same team getting ( ahem ) the rub of the green

Time to change the title of the thread back me thinks
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

So what is everybody’s take on this now seeing the same incident going unpunished in the semi with the same team getting ( ahem ) the rub of the green

Are we still arguing about this fookin penalty?! LOL

Bigger/better teams will always get more of the decisions than smaller nations like ourselves. This is nothing new.

Whatever about the debate regarding the penalty, that was a blatant foul on Wright just outside the Dutch box at the end of the first half where he was clearly barged into. Ireland might have got some joy from that. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:50am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Bigger/better teams will always get more of the decisions than smaller nations like ourselves. This is nothing new.

Whatever about the debate regarding the penalty, that was a blatant foul on Wright just outside the Dutch box at the end of the first half where he was clearly barged into. Ireland might have got some joy from that. 
So now the rule does not matter .....! Oh wise wan, as much as I expected from you anyway
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Here's a test for yis (apart from LoudandClear) ;

1. Name 3 times (or just one) during a game when you CANNOT be offside whilst standing in an offside position.
Corner, Throw-In, Goal-kick (ie when the ball is out of play)

2. Keeper takes a kick-out but the ball DOES NOT leave the box and is blown by the wind back into the net. Verdict ? Re-Take (the ball has not entered play)

3. Keeper takes a kick-out and the ball DOES leave the box but is blown by the wind back into the net. Verdict ? Corner
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:59pm
:)Smile
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:03pm
How can you be standing in an offside position at a corner?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:22pm

Here's a test for yis (apart from LoudandClear) ;

1. Name 3 times (or just one) during a game when you CANNOT be offside whilst standing in an offside position.
Corner, Throw-In, Goal-kick (ie when the ball is out of play)

2. Keeper takes a kick-out but the ball DOES NOT leave the box and is blown by the wind back into the net. Verdict ? Re-Take (the ball has not entered play)

3. Keeper takes a kick-out and the ball DOES leave the box but is blown by the wind back into the net. Verdict ? Corner
Balls, I knew one of them was a corner. Read up on all of these situations a few years. The auld mind is fading
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How can you be standing in an offside position at a corner?
You can't. I presume it doesn't matter where at the corner arc the ball is placed does it?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

So now the rule does not matter .....! Oh wise wan, as much as I expected from you anyway

Muff taking an interest in the 17s thread despite not having a clue who we were playing in the Quarters.

Good man Thumbs Up
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:55pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:08pm
Anywhere on or inside the corner arc. any part of ball touching arc
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 1:58am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Anywhere on or inside the corner arc. any part of ball touching arc
For taking a corner, is that what you're talking about here? Pretty sure you are incorrect there, as the ball doesn't have to even technically be inside the arc. As the ball is round, the ball can be placed outside the arc, and because of its shape once some of it hovers over the arc line it's adjudged to be a legal corner. At least I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be. Even if most refs don't adhere to that.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:56am
Im 100% correct as "on or inside the corner arc" includes the whole ball just not the bottom of it. I never mentioned anything about placing the ball.
You should be a SOLICITOR :)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:04am
  • The ball must be placed in the corner area nearest to the point where the ball passed over the goal line
  • The ball must be stationary and is kicked by a player of the attacking team
  • The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves; it does not need to leave the corner area
  • The corner flagpost must not be moved
  • Opponents must remain at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the corner arc until the ball is in play
  • IN MEANS THE AREA ENCLOSED BY THE ARC AND THE ARC ITSELF. THE BALL MEANS ANY PART OF BALL ie CIRCUMFERENCE.

lads sorry about this but when someone asks a petty question you have to get a petty answer Now Im pissed off with this thread so good luck !!!!!!!!!! If anyone wants have a further chat over this I will be in or outside The Harp Moulin Rouge next Sat n Sun n Mon with a stupid hat on with badges more then likely langers :) We can set up a small goal outside and take a few pens. PS im making fun of last Monday as just like me I know it wasn't easy to take.
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:38pm
    Proudand not you seem to be upset!! Yet we are in agreement. The circumference of the ball is all that has to be in the arc as per your statements above.

Related image

The corner above is totally legal, as even if the ball isn't touching the whites of the line of the arc (very tight to see if it is ), the circumference of the ball is over the whites of the arc. So it's legal.
    SuperDave84 View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:44pm
    Also, in the above picture, if we assume that the ball is next to the sideline rather than the goal line there, a player could be standing on the goal line and seem "offside", but you can't be offside from a corner.
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:43pm
    Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Also, in the above picture, if we assume that the ball is next to the sideline rather than the goal line there, a player could be standing on the goal line and seem "offside", but you can't be offside from a corner.
    That is what I presumed. Why did RB ask when can you be offside from a corner?  I always thought there is no situation.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>
      Share Topic