You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ballyshannon Rory Gallagher Fest. 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ballyshannon Rory Gallagher Fest. 2024
    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:37am
I'm considering going to the Ballyshannon Rory Gallagher music festival this year.

Anyone on here know much about the place?

Edited by Double Maxim - 28 Feb 2024 at 8:17am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:52am
Haven't being in a few years but I've being 4-5 times. it was good craic, campsite about 2 mile out the road to bundoran with regular shuttle bus, toilets burger van etc. at that point was 50 Euro for the 5 days. Now I never bothered with the big tent gigs, all the bars would have great blues Rock bands and the atmospheres great. Buzz in the town is great when it's on defo worth a go.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:07am
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Haven't being in a few years but I've being 4-5 times. it was good craic, campsite about 2 mile out the road to bundoran with regular shuttle bus, toilets burger van etc. at that point was 50 Euro for the 5 days. Now I never bothered with the big tent gigs, all the bars would have great blues Rock bands and the atmospheres great. Buzz in the town is great when it's on defo worth a go.

Many thanks I might just do the Sunday Band of Friends with Gerry McEvoy and Ted McKenna (from Rory's band)  Brian Downey's band Alive and Dangerous and Wilko Johnson are on Sunday and its thirty euros for the day.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Many thanks I might just do the Sunday Band of Friends with Gerry McEvoy and Ted McKenna (from Rory's band)  Brian Downey's band Alive and Dangerous and Wilko Johnson are on Sunday and its thirty euros for the day.

Seen that on there fb page would have liked to have seen wilko, only stopped going because of kids and responsibilities. Always gets great weather too and you tend to bump into the same people year after year. If your just for the night best try a bnb in bundoran tho
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:22am

Seen that on there fb page would have liked to have seen wilko, only stopped going because of kids and responsibilities. Always gets great weather too and you tend to bump into the same people year after year. If your just for the night best try a bnb in bundoran tho

Thanks again yea I've seen Wilko live before he is class I went to the Rory Gallagher weekend in Cork some years ago and that was superb craic.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:48am
Wilko is f**king nuts! Always worth a look! When is the festival?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Wilko is f**king nuts! Always worth a look! When is the festival?

I've seen Wilko live loads of times solo and with the Blockhead and yes he's one crazy fecker including the duck walk!

Dates for Ballyshannon are Thursday 31st May to Sunday 3rd June 2018.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:25am
PiewaytoHeaven has gone to it a few times
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:45am

I'm booked up for this now it should be a cracking weekend.

Cool
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:09pm
Good man! If I'm at home that weekend I'll give you a bell...Less than 15 minutes from me so every year I'm home I go. Just get a lift home after or hop on the Dublin/Donegal bus steaming! Hear some quality music and theres great sessions on the street! Only downside is last year that I noticed a lot of scraps happening...Apart from that I'd highly recommend it...Ballyshannon itself is best avoided every other day of the year. A pure kip! You'll have to bring your own DM though! Is the Irish June Bank Holiday the same as the English one?

Edited by thebronze14 - 14 Mar 2018 at 4:10pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Good man! If I'm at home that weekend I'll give you a bell...Less than 15 minutes from me so every year I'm home I go. Just get a lift home after or hop on the Dublin/Donegal bus steaming! Hear some quality music and theres great sessions on the street! Only downside is last year that I noticed a lot of scraps happening...Apart from that I'd highly recommend it...Ballyshannon itself is best avoided every other day of the year. A pure kip! You'll have to bring your own DM though! Is the Irish June Bank Holiday the same as the English one?

We are flying into Dublin on the Thursday going back on the Monday the UK Bank Holiday Monday is 28/05/18.
We are looking to go to the festival on the Sunday as we particuarly want the see Alive and Dangerous Wilko Johnson and Band of Friends and as you say plenty of quality music happening externally on the other days.
We may even spent some time in Derry as I've never been there before! 

I'll be on the Guinness maybe the odd Bulmers.
Beer CoolHandshakeBeer 

It would be great to meet up with you again bud.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:19pm

Do you know if you will be at home that weekend bud?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:01am
Nah I'm afraid that it's probably off the cards...Have plenty of time booked off work already sadly. Will let you know if that changes though
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:31am

Nah I'm afraid that it's probably off the cards...Have plenty of time booked off work already sadly. Will let you know if that changes though
No worries bud how easy is it to get to Derry from Ballyshannon?

Edited by Double Maxim - 11 Apr 2018 at 11:32am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:50pm
Should the thread title not be changed to Rory Gallagher festival BallyShannon with dates included. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:01pm

No worries bud how easy is it to get to Derry from Ballyshannon?
Don't quote me on this but I think the Galway to Derry bus passes Ballyshannon.  If it doesnt't bus from Ballyshannon to Donegal Town and hop on the Derry bus there...Few pints in my hometown first though!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:52pm
The only thing is (iirc) the Derry bus isn't that frequent. The Galway to Sligo bus is frequent but the one from there on to Derry is a lot less frequent.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:57pm
Yeah it passes through Ballyshannon, i used to get it the odd time when I was in college. It might take a while though, and as SuperDave says, its not as frequent.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic