Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PFA team of the season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:14pm
Burnley have been the surprise package of the season so deserve one player on the team IMO
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:35pm
I'd arguably have both Burnley centre backs in.

Ben Mee been just as good but Tarkowski gets the plaudits because of the England call-up.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 7:16am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'd arguably have both Burnley centre backs in.

Ben Mee been just as good but Tarkowski gets the plaudits because of the England call-up.
Very Very good call Coyne Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:51am
I wouldn't pick me. But fair enough if you want to pick me.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'd have Ederson in ahead of De Gea. I think he was City's best buy this season and if he was there last season I think they'd have run Chelsea very close.

Ludicrous - Ederson suits City extremely well and has been very good. Nowhere near as good as De Gea though.

I wouldn’t say Ludicrous and this seems weird saying it, they are completely different type of keepers.
De Gea wouldn’t suit this Man City team and he would be in the top 3 goalkeepers in the world.

Ederson was City’s Best Buy last season and has been extremely influential in the league win. He’s like an extra outfield player on the pitch and better passer than 75% of central defenders.

However De Gea has been sensational all season and has saved Man U so many points this season. 
He is their best player by some distance again. 

De Gea wins it for me. Ederson comes in 2nd.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:28am
I agree. De Gea seems to keep getting better, and making better saves every year. He's been United's most important player this season again, and if people were saying Salah is the player of the year because of how many points he's won Liverpool, then De Gea has to be something similar.

Pope from Burnley has also been excellent. Has kept Heaton out of the team who's not a bad keeper either.

Some of Ederson's passing and sweeping has been breath taking I also have to say.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Apr 2018 at 9:28am
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:55am
De Gea is a better keeper no doubt about it, but in the context of the season and the influence Ederson has had on the defence of the team that is miles ahead of everyone else. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:02pm
For all the improvements United have made under Mourinho in terms of league position, it's hard to see any one else except De Gea winning POTY again, which is hardly a ringing endorsement.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:12pm

De Gea is a better keeper no doubt about it, but in the context of the season and the influence Ederson has had on the defence of the team that is miles ahead of everyone else. 
United would be relegation fodder if it weren't for DDG
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:10am
Sterling didn't even get second place in the Young Player award despite being 1/5 to win the award with the bookies.
He must be pretty unpopular with is fellow professionals.

Can't argue with Sane getting it all the same. Sterling may have more goals but Sane has had more impressive moments of brilliance.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:19am
When City won the last 2 titles their manager at the time did NOT win the EPL manager of the year.

Nobody likes the rich kid.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

When City won the last 2 titles their manager at the time did NOT win the EPL manager of the year.

Nobody likes the rich kid.

Sean Dyche will probably win it this year sure.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

United would be relegation fodder if it weren't for DDG

Seen statistics the other day

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/saves

De Gea is 4th in the most saves list for a team who are 2nd in the league that is shocking just goes to show how bad United's Defence is
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sterling didn't even get second place in the Young Player award despite being 1/5 to win the award with the bookies.
Unpopular with everyone I'd guess.
The Cashley Cole of his generation.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Unpopular with everyone I'd guess.
The Cashley Cole of his generation.

Always found that a strange one. Almost every transfer in football for years now has been determined by a player leaving one club for another for a bigger pay packet, whether they're English, Irish, Dutch, German or Brazilian, yet you would think Sterling and Cole were the only two to ever do it. Its not as if Sterling or Cole were going to clubs that had no chance of winning silverware either. Sterling has now won 3 winners medals since leaving Liverpool and if he'd stayed would have won zero.

IMO Van Dijk antics were worse than Sterlings, but nothing is ever said of that.

Regardless of popularity, Sterling has had the best season of his career and is improving greatly under Guardiola, which is all that matters really.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 23 Apr 2018 at 10:59am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:07am
Its the way they conducted themselves.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:10am
I know. And what about the way Van Dijk conducted himself? Very rarely hear that mentioned or him criticised for it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:10am

Sterling has now won 3 winners medals since leaving Liverpool and if he'd stayed would have won zero.
Two league cups LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic