Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PFA team of the season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Terri, on De Gea, yea he’s the best keeper in the league but the team of the season picks the best performers over the course of that season, not just one game
There was talk in the early part of the season that he was suffering from a World Cup hangover. He wasn’t up to his usual high standards. He could still get the award but I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you’re suggesting 

De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world.
Ederson has excellent distribution and starts attacks. He is the best in the world at this for a GK.

Same position but different kind of players.
Both wouldn’t fit into each others team system.

If your team could have one you would pick De Gea as he is the safe option.

All true, but doesn't answer the question who has bee the best goalkeeper in the premier league this season based on their performances over the 26/27 games so far
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:07am

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Terri, on De Gea, yea he’s the best keeper in the league but the team of the season picks the best performers over the course of that season, not just one game
There was talk in the early part of the season that he was suffering from a World Cup hangover. He wasn’t up to his usual high standards. He could still get the award but I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you’re suggesting 

De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world.
Ederson has excellent distribution and starts attacks. He is the best in the world at this for a GK.

Same position but different kind of players.
Both wouldn’t fit into each others team system.

If your team could have one you would pick De Gea as he is the safe option.

All true, but doesn't answer the question who has bee the best goalkeeper in the premier league this season based on their performances over the 26/27 games so far

As you said De Gea hasn’t been at his best (especially over the first few months) so on current season Ederson should get the nod.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:04pm
There isn't a keeper in the league aside from De Gea who would have kept a clean sheet in that United Spurs game.

He wasn't up to his own usual standards for the first two months of the season but he's still been the best in the league otherwise.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There isn't a keeper in the league aside from De Gea who would have kept a clean sheet in that United Spurs game.

He wasn't up to his own usual standards for the first two months of the season but he's still been the best in the league otherwise.

De Gea is an incredible shot stopper but there are definite weaknesses in his game. With his feet he's miles behind certain keepers, and there's definitely still question marks at times when dealing with cross after cross. 

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:38pm
Team of the season by the end of it ? 

1. Allison- likely, though Henderson not far away

2. TAA- certainty
3. Dunno. Robertson ? Chilwell ? Stevens ? Luke Shaw ?
4. VVD- certainty
5. Dunno- Soyoncu maybe. Egan or O'Connell might be in with a shout here as well. 

6. Henderson- likely
7. De Bruyne- certainty
8. No idea. N'Didi, Maddison, Bernardo, Wilaldjum, Mouhtino ?

9.  Salah- likely
10 & 11. - 2 from Mane, Aguero, Sterling, Ings, Vardy  ? 

Likely overlooked a few as well. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:48pm
my team at the minute would be:

Allison

TAA
VVD
Evans
Robertson

De Bruyne
Henderson
Grealish

Salah
Aguero
Mane

Soyuncu has been poor since Christmas IMO. Was shown up at the Etihad in particular. Sterling and Bernardo wouldn’t be near it for me this season. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Feb 2020 at 11:52pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:55pm
Pope

TAA - VVD - Soyunciu - Robertson

D Silva - Henderson - De Bruyne

Vardy - Aubemayang - Mane

that was the team of the year, De Bruyne POY and Trent YPOTY

Silva's inclusion surely a sentimental one

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:17pm
I see they've finally reduced the age bracket for Young Player of the Year too, it will only include players who were 21 or younger at the start of the season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:23pm
Happy days for me and Green Devil
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 6:08pm

Pope

TAA - VVD - Soyunciu - Robertson

D Silva - Henderson - De Bruyne

Vardy - Aubemayang - Mane

that was the team of the year, De Bruyne POY and Trent YPOTY

Silva's inclusion surely a sentimental one

Sexist pig. You left out Bethany England won the PFA Woman's Player of the year also
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic