Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PFA team of the season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm
Yes Mane probably having a better season than Salah.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A bit of talk the past few weeks about Son/Aguero/Van Dijk getting player of the year award.
With 12 games to go, my team so far this season would be (4-3-3)

Ederson

Doherty
Van Dijk
Laporte
Robertson

Fernandinho
Wijnaldum
Son

Salah
Aguero
Sterling

The keeper position is up for grabs. Foster, Allison, De Gea or Lloris could also get it I suppose. I just love watching Ederson, he's the best keeper I've ever seen with a ball at his feet and is a massive part of how City play. He gave away two penalties around November which are the only two mistakes I can recall from him.

Aaron Wan Bissaka has been the best right back defensively this season, but Doherty gets the nod for his attacking displays. The rest of the defence is common sense.

Was thinking Pogba could get a place in midfield, but you can't forget his lack of effort under Mourinho. If he keeps playing the way he has he could get a spot in the team in May.
Fernandinho has been immense and should be in the running for player of the year at City, and Wijnaldum is Liverpool's best midfielder.

The front 3 picks itself. Sadio Mane unlucky to miss out

Got stuck at zero counting the number of English born players in the greatest league in the world...........brexit my arse
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:16pm
Doherty's British though, he said so himself.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

But is he English ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

But is he English ?
I am pretty  sure Brexit is a portmanteau of 'British' and 'exit'. He will be fine.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:04pm

But is he English ?
I am pretty  sure Brexit is a portmanteau of 'British' and 'exit'. He will be fine.

So no contributions or team selections of your own then?
Must be waiting to May, good thinking 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
Anytime I watch Liverpool play I always think Robertson is the best player on the pitch. If he scored some goals he'd be my choice for player of the season. I might add I haven't seen too many games or highlights really Cool

I'd have Sterling ahead of Aguero for the best player this season with City, as he's been mr consistant from what I have seen 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:27pm

But is he English ?

So no contributions or team selections of your own then?
Must be waiting to May, good thinking 
I haven't watched any games  this season, sorry. I only popped in here as I thought yourself, Moleman and Bhob might have been providing a bit of entertainment. When I saw ye weren't, I had a poor go. 
These threads used to be fun!

Is Bhob gone forever? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:30pm
Bhob's gone after some abuse of his family members that no one else saw, and because he failed to uncover who the rat was

Not sure where Moleman is. Maybe at the bookies demanding they pay out his Liverpool to win the league bets.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Feb 2019 at 1:31pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:35pm

Bhob's gone after some abuse of his family members that no one else saw, and because he failed to uncover who the rat was

Not sure where Moleman is. Maybe at the bookies demanding they pay out his Liverpool to win the league bets.

Has Bhob not been back since?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:43pm
Maybe Son but other than that I don’t see any spurs players getting into the team.
(And he has missed a good few weeks due to international commitments).

Should finish 3rd but there is no real stand out players. 
Team is playing better than the sum of their parts.

I think 
VVD is player of the year
Sterling as young player of the year 

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 2:02pm

A bit of talk the past few weeks about Son/Aguero/Van Dijk getting player of the year award.
With 12 games to go, my team so far this season would be (4-3-3)

Ederson

Doherty
Van Dijk
Laporte
Robertson

Fernandinho
Wijnaldum
Son

Salah
Aguero
Sterling

The keeper position is up for grabs. Foster, Allison, De Gea or Lloris could also get it I suppose. I just love watching Ederson, he's the best keeper I've ever seen with a ball at his feet and is a massive part of how City play. He gave away two penalties around November which are the only two mistakes I can recall from him.

Aaron Wan Bissaka has been the best right back defensively this season, but Doherty gets the nod for his attacking displays. The rest of the defence is common sense.

Was thinking Pogba could get a place in midfield, but you can't forget his lack of effort under Mourinho. If he keeps playing the way he has he could get a spot in the team in May.
Fernandinho has been immense and should be in the running for player of the year at City, and Wijnaldum is Liverpool's best midfielder.

The front 3 picks itself. Sadio Mane unlucky to miss out
Never mind his spell under Mourinho, as De Gea showed eg against Spurs, he is the best gk in England, end of argument.

And I appreciate as well as anyone the value of Son, but it is unrealistic to try to shoehorn him into the team in a midfield three (imo), since he's a striker or nothing. In which case, since he shouldn't push out any of your front three (or Harry Kane), then he should probably be first name on the subs' bench.

As for Wijnaldum, he might be the pick of Liverpool's midfield, but I suspect that's because he fits Klopp's requirements perfectly - imo there are better individual players out there. The one who's caught my eye is Bernardo Silva. He has already appeared in 26 of City's 27 PL games, which considering their squad, shows how much PG rates him. And he's got more goals in him than Wijnaldum. 

P.S. Normally I'd have included Eriksen in midfield ahead of Wijnaldum, but I accept that this season he's not been so consistent as usual. And Dele is also good enough, except that his season has been hampered by post W.Cup fatigue and injuries.

Edited by Territorial - 12 Feb 2019 at 2:05pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 5:33pm
Terri, on De Gea, yea he’s the best keeper in the league but the team of the season picks the best performers over the course of that season, not just one game
There was talk in the early part of the season that he was suffering from a World Cup hangover. He wasn’t up to his usual high standards. He could still get the award but I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you’re suggesting 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:37pm

Just been busy buddy, but thanks for thinking of me Heart a heart for you as we are close to Valentines day.

I'd be in general agreement with your PL 11 also. Although Sterling, Wan Bissaka, Alexander Arnold, Felipe Anderson, Mane should be in the reckoning also imo.

No need to worry about my Liverpool bet, it was in the bag a month or so ago Big smile unless Man City go and win every remaining game in the PL, which I would offer long long odds on. I'm pretty confident I'll be collecting a nice wedge in a few months time.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Just been busy buddy, but thanks for thinking of me Heart a heart for you as we are close to Valentines day.
I'd be in general agreement with your PL 11 also. Although Sterling, Wan Bissaka, Alexander Arnold, Felipe Anderson, Mane should be in the reckoning also imo.

No need to worry about my Liverpool bet, it was in the bag a month or so ago Big smile unless Man City go and win every remaining game in the PL, which I would offer long long odds on. I'm pretty confident I'll be collecting a nice wedge in a few months time.

Sterling is on my team. You can't have Wan Bissaka and TAL. Anderson has been way too inconsistent to get a spot. Toss up between Mane and Salah to be honest. Salah has more goals and assists, but Mane has probably scored better goals
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Sterling is on my team. You can't have Wan Bissaka and TAL. Anderson has been way too inconsistent to get a spot. Toss up between Mane and Salah to be honest. Salah has more goals and assists, but Mane has probably scored better goals

You can only have one of Wan Bissaka, Arnold, Doherty obviously. My point being there could be an argument for any in the RB spot. Even though Doherty will most likely get it Im thinking while not really being a RB at all.

Sorry, misread your team. I'd definitely have Sterling somewhere in it as well.

Think you're being very harsh on Felipe Anderson, has been outstanding this season.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 6:24am

Terri, on De Gea, yea he’s the best keeper in the league but the team of the season picks the best performers over the course of that season, not just one game
There was talk in the early part of the season that he was suffering from a World Cup hangover. He wasn’t up to his usual high standards. He could still get the award but I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you’re suggesting 

De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world.
Ederson has excellent distribution and starts attacks. He is the best in the world at this for a GK.

Same position but different kind of players.
Both wouldn’t fit into each others team system.

If your team could have one you would pick De Gea as he is the safe option.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:49am
De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
VVD
Laporte
Robertson

Fenandinho
Pogba
B Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Hazard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>