Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PFA team of the season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I know. And what about the way Van Dijk conducted himself? Very rarely hear that mentioned or him criticised for it.
What did he do ?

He put in a transfer request, did he refuse to play ?

I don't know, Im asking !

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Sterling has now won 3 winners medals since leaving Liverpool and if he'd stayed would have won zero.
Two league cups LOL

Facts are facts.

Liverpool have a sum total of 1 league cup in the last 12 years.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:13am

I know. And what about the way Van Dijk conducted himself? Very rarely hear that mentioned or him criticised for it.

I'd be biased towards Cole but VVD's behaviour was far worse than Sterling's.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:14am

What did he do ?

Correct.

Did Sterling refuse to play? Like yourself, I don't know and I'm asking.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:20am
VVD's attitude was far worse than sterling's. I'd actually put it to the fact that ex-pool players dominate tv punditry and media that then controls it. and because sterling left pool, meant that he'd be treated poorly.
also, most players when they move club tend to get a better pay packet, it's natural. just like any one of us moving to a new company, more than likely a better pay packet is on offer.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:23am
Cole is a complete prick, I can't for the life of me see what Sterlig has done to annoy the tabloids, apart from being black.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

VVD's attitude was far worse than sterling's. I'd actually put it to the fact that ex-pool players dominate tv punditry and media that then controls it. and because sterling left pool, meant that he'd be treated poorly.

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:26am

Sterling has now won 3 winners medals since leaving Liverpool and if he'd stayed would have won zero.
Two league cups LOL

Don't knock winning a League Cup or else planning will be after you
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:29am

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

on the ball there RB.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:44am

What did he do ?

Correct.

Did Sterling refuse to play? Like yourself, I don't know and I'm asking.
Did VVD really refuse to play ?

Sterling's transfer was during the summer so didn't refuse to play important games but di refuse to travel on tour to Asia.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:49am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:02pm
Thumbs Up

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:34am
Mo Salah named Football Writers Player of the year.

Gary Neville was giving his season review on MNF last night:

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:45am
Surprised he picked Kompany considering he's only played 16 games this season in the league.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:47am
I actually think his team is a better reflection of those who have performed well this season. Apart from Kompany that is. Played less than half the games so is a strange selection.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:51am
Yeah, I'd have Otamendi in ahead of Kompany. He was brilliant the first half of the season, has most completed passes in the league (which plays a big part in how City have played) and chipped in with a few big goals.

Kompany has really only started playing regularly since around February.

Bit of a contradiction having Sane as young player of the year but Sterling keeps him out of the team of the year too.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:57am
I was actually trying to think of another CB to put in instead of Kompany but there's no one else from the other top 6 clubs deserving of a place tbh. Van Dijk only played half a season really. The Arsenal, Chelsea, and United CB's wouldn't get near it, and Sanchez from Spurs has looked inexperienced at times (which he is, has lots of potential though).

I'm surprised he didn't jump on the Engurland bandwagon and pick Tarkowski.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:43pm
A bit of talk the past few weeks about Son/Aguero/Van Dijk getting player of the year award.
With 12 games to go, my team so far this season would be (4-3-3)

Ederson

Doherty
Van Dijk
Laporte
Robertson

Fernandinho
Wijnaldum
Son

Salah
Aguero
Sterling

The keeper position is up for grabs. Foster, Allison, De Gea or Lloris could also get it I suppose. I just love watching Ederson, he's the best keeper I've ever seen with a ball at his feet and is a massive part of how City play. He gave away two penalties around November which are the only two mistakes I can recall from him.

Aaron Wan Bissaka has been the best right back defensively this season, but Doherty gets the nod for his attacking displays. The rest of the defence is common sense.

Was thinking Pogba could get a place in midfield, but you can't forget his lack of effort under Mourinho. If he keeps playing the way he has he could get a spot in the team in May.
Fernandinho has been immense and should be in the running for player of the year at City, and Wijnaldum is Liverpool's best midfielder.

The front 3 picks itself. Sadio Mane unlucky to miss out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic