Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PFA team of the season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:30pm
PFA player of year nominees
Salah, De Bruyne, Kane, Sane, De Gea and Silva

Young player nominees 
Kane, Sane, Sterling, Ederson, Rashford  and Ryan Sessegnon

Since when did they start nominating championship players??
And now long are they going to call Harry Kane young for?
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:03pm
The Professional Footballers' Association Young Player of the Year (often called the PFA Young Player of the Year, or simply the Young Player of the Year) is an annual award given to the player aged 23 or under at the start of the season who is adjudged to have been the best of the season in English football.

Harry Kane turned 24 last July, wtf 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:05pm
probably some criteria like 23 on the 1st if July etc
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

probably some criteria like 23 on the 1st if July etc

Exactly. Season starts on 1 July and ends on 30 June.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:04am
Anyone worked out why Ryan Sessegnon is a nominee yet? 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anyone who doesn't watch Channel 5 for the source of Football League football will know why. That's why.

14 goals and 6 assists as a left back at 17 years old, hmmm. I wonder why.

Edited by coyne - 15 Apr 2018 at 1:11am
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:11am
I didn't see the game but I heard Leicester's Dylan Watts did alright on Friday.  Courtney Duffus banging them in aswell.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:18am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Anyone who doesn't watch Channel 5 for the source of Football League football will know why. That's why.

Im well aware of his scoring exploits
The PFA player and young player awards are for the top division I always thought 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:23am

Im well aware of his scoring exploits
The PFA player and young player awards are for the top division I always thought 

First player to ever receive a nomination outside the top flight.

Absolutely fantastic player too. Signed a 5 year contract instead of going to Spurs last summer too. 
I hope he stays at Fulham if they go up.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:42pm
He just took home all 5 awards in the EFL Awards tonight...

Player and Young Player of the season at the age of 17, Fulham will do well to keep hold of him in the summer.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:17am

He just took home all 5 awards in the EFL Awards tonight...

Player and Young Player of the season at the age of 17, Fulham will do well to keep hold of him in the summer.

Awesome player and prospect. Amazing rise and a very loyal player too. He deserves to be capped by England for his performances this term.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

The Professional Footballers' Association Young Player of the Year (often called the PFA Young Player of the Year, or simply the Young Player of the Year) is an annual award given to the player aged 23 or under at the start of the season who is adjudged to have been the best of the season in English football.

I think he swore on his daughter's life that he was actually 23 at the start of the season so they were happy enough to go along with that and consider him for the YPOTY again.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I think he swore on his daughter's life that he was actually 23 at the start of the season so they were happy enough to go along with that and consider him for the YPOTY again.

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:01pm

A bit early I know, but so far I would guess the team is going to be. Its usually 4-4-2 isn't it:

De Gea - no complaints, Ederson's been class but this lad has been outstanding as usual.  

Walker - hard to call really. A few months ago I'd have said Walker was nailed on but he hasn't been as good recently. Valencia could get the vote.
Otamendi - nailed on, been much improved.
Vertonghen - this was a tricky one. Shout outs for Mee, Tarkowski and Christiansen. Jones and Stones would have had a claim up until December.
Alonso - Robertson may edge it, Alonso not a great defender IMO but gets goals and assists.

Salah
De Bruyne
Fernandinho - may get overlooked as he's a bit of an unsung hero, but he's been exceptional IMO
Sterling - wouldn't imagine he'd be that popular among his peers, but can't argue with his goals tally and points he's won.

Kane
Aguero - surely this year he'll finally get into the team of the season.

De Gea

Walker
Otamendi
Tarkowski
Robertson

Sterling
De Bruyne
Silva
Sane

Salah
Kane

That would be my team now.

Salah P.O.Y and Sane Y.P.O.Y

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:15pm
I'd have Ederson in ahead of De Gea. I think he was City's best buy this season and if he was there last season I think they'd have run Chelsea very close.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'd have Ederson in ahead of De Gea. I think he was City's best buy this season and if he was there last season I think they'd have run Chelsea very close.

Ludicrous - Ederson suits City extremely well and has been very good. Nowhere near as good as De Gea though.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:53pm

A bit early I know, but so far I would guess the team is going to be. Its usually 4-4-2 isn't it:

De Gea - no complaints, Ederson's been class but this lad has been outstanding as usual.  

Walker - hard to call really. A few months ago I'd have said Walker was nailed on but he hasn't been as good recently. Valencia could get the vote.
Otamendi - nailed on, been much improved.
Vertonghen - this was a tricky one. Shout outs for Mee, Tarkowski and Christiansen. Jones and Stones would have had a claim up until December.
Alonso - Robertson may edge it, Alonso not a great defender IMO but gets goals and assists.

Salah
De Bruyne
Fernandinho - may get overlooked as he's a bit of an unsung hero, but he's been exceptional IMO
Sterling - wouldn't imagine he'd be that popular among his peers, but can't argue with his goals tally and points he's won.

Kane
Aguero - surely this year he'll finally get into the team of the season.

De Gea

Walker
Otamendi
Tarkowski
Robertson

Sterling
De Bruyne
Silva
Sane

Salah
Kane

That would be my team now.

Salah P.O.Y and Sane Y.P.O.Y

Tarks , hummm that would not go down well with the big six Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic