You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rolling Stones Croke Park 17th May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolling Stones Croke Park 17th May 2018
    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 7:16pm
so here we go again Croke Park residents vs Aiken Promotions II

Really hope the gig gets the green light as i really want to see the auld lads. Looking at going to the Old Trafford gig if Dublin doesnt happen 

They really should of booked them for the Aviva 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 7:56pm
Would be amazed if the residents agree to it
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:11pm
Never a band I had any love for
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Same, wouldn't watch them in me local green
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Same, wouldn't watch them in me local green
That's a shame as it is the one venue that they've always wanted to play.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:34pm
“Gimme Shelter”, “Sympathy for the Devil” are two of the greatest songs recorded. Having said that, no chance I want to see 75 year old rockers who have been past it for 20 years.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

“Gimme Shelter”, “Sympathy for the Devil” are two of the greatest songs recorded. Having said that, no chance I want to see 75 year old rockers who have been past it for 20 years.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:42pm
Up to mid 70s some great tunes but saw them in slane a few years ago and they were only OK. Wouldn't go to this
AKA pedantic kunt
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:45pm
Up to sticky fingers no problem
Some Girls was really good
Can't think of anything in the meantime unless someone can remind me
Nada since then though I really liked "On Air" last year from the BBC
We hung outside their gig at Olympia station last summer though once it rained we cycled home. From people who went we missed not a lot on over 100e ticket and the rain
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:06pm
https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2018/0226/943664-croke-park-concert/

not looking good going by this

on Paddy power its 1/5 the gig will go ahead and 4/1 it wont 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:44pm
Reckon the fact it's the only event to be held in croke park in May will stand to the organisers in terms in their licence application

Wonder what kind of prices we be looking at for tickets know they been charging high prices in recent years so guess be looking at €100+ anyway
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:50pm
Saw them in 2002. Good show but they were old then.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

We hung outside their gig at Olympia station last summer though once it rained we cycled home. From people who went we missed not a lot on over 100e ticket and the rain

Was in Munich about 4 years ago. I had thought the Olympiastadion had been knocked down. When I found it was still standing and you could go in I nearly creamed the togs...Along with the old Wembley, probably the two most iconic stadiums of my childhood 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:31am
Also I have learned that stadium shows are sh*te so unless you are in the front few rows the sound will be rubbish!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:58pm
UK shows are £100 for cheapest tickets
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:29pm
Fools and their money.........
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Was in Munich about 4 years ago. I had thought the Olympiastadion had been knocked down. When I found it was still standing and you could go in I nearly creamed the togs...Along with the old Wembley, probably the two most iconic stadiums of my childhood 

Did you do the tour of the roof ?
Still on my todo list.. sometime.. when the weather is good
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:39pm
Saw them in paris in october. They race their way to the chorus, staying there for 6/7 mins, throw in a load of "woooo wooo's " and then onto the next tune. ronnie wood throws in a rift that makes no sense, richards nails it, charlie watts on point, and jagger does a few twirls.
Good gig, but if you've seen them before, then I'd advise to hold onto your cash!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic