You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Puns - Yay or Nay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: As the title says.........
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [38.18%]
34 [61.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I find it really sad the fact it appears some people are offended by puns used on an Internet forum regarding someones name.

Imagine being at the pub with these sad coonts. I’d be home by the time I’ve finished me drink

I'd be delighted to see the back of you if you were talking over everyone, reusing the same couple of unfunny unoriginal puns and ruining every conversation all evening.  

Tbh I don’t want even to see the front of you if you’re pissing your pants over a few jokes on an Internet forum when the rest of the forum has serious conversations going on.

Could put a tranquilzer to sleep the craic would be that boring

We on a different wavelengths here so we are unlikely to agree on this issue. I think the majority (not all) the puns are highly unoriginal and definitely not funny. You seem to think that they are great craic. 
You're the lucky one as you must be very easily amused. Good for you. 

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:17pm
Seems to be a MWAW snakeily removing posts
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:20pm

I find it really sad the fact it appears some people are offended by puns used on an Internet forum regarding someones name.

Imagine being at the pub with these sad coonts. I’d be home by the time I’ve finished me drink

I'd be delighted to see the back of you if you were talking over everyone, reusing the same couple of unfunny unoriginal puns and ruining every conversation all evening.  

Tbh I don’t want even to see the front of you if you’re pissing your pants over a few jokes on an Internet forum when the rest of the forum has serious conversations going on.

We on a different wavelengths here so we are unlikely to agree on this issue. I think the majority (not all) the puns are highly unoriginal and definitely not funny. You seem to think that they are great craic. 

I am very easily amused. I have never made a pun post on here but I enjoy reading them because it's a section where you just don't take anything seriously - The 2 threads in question are for someone who's been out the setup for a long time and will never come back and the other is playing League 1 football, depending where he ends up next season, things would change, I imagine if hes playing regular Championship football there will be alot more interest in him and thus more serious discussions. But at the current time atm he's playing League 1 football and the League 1 thread has about 4 people posting in it (probably alot more when Sunderland go down) so if our puns are interfering with your interest in him with aww I watch League 1 football every weekend, we know already to be very unlikely unless there's a club you associate yourself with in that league

Long story short - Posts are currently not interfering with any discussions in the 2 threads thus can be easily ignored, there's serious conversations in 99% of the other threads.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:23pm
Nail on the hammer there Coyne
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:18pm

I am very easily amused. I have never made a pun post on here but I enjoy reading them because it's a section where you just don't take anything seriously - The 2 threads in question are for someone who's been out the setup for a long time and will never come back and the other is playing League 1 football, depending where he ends up next season, things would change, I imagine if hes playing regular Championship football there will be alot more interest in him and thus more serious discussions. But at the current time atm he's playing League 1 football and the League 1 thread has about 4 people posting in it (probably alot more when Sunderland go down) so if our puns are interfering with your interest in him with aww I watch League 1 football every weekend, we know already to be very unlikely unless there's a club you associate yourself with in that league

Long story short - Posts are currently not interfering with any discussions in the 2 threads thus can be easily ignored, there's serious conversations in 99% of the other threads.

For my money he's the best player to come form loi in last 3 or so years which sets him apart from every other player in that league bar Forrester, who wants possibly the second best for my money, so it's different to how you say.

It's because people saw him themselves over years and remember how good he was that he is that we want to keep an eye on him, it's nothing to do with any interest in League One.

For those of us who have an interest in him, his career etc it's really frustrating that the thread is reduced to recycled puns, many times I've gone to post and actual post on there and not bothered.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm
Cry me a fckin river, the extent some people are going too have puns fcked out is actually becoming fckin comical in its own way, wise up yis boring coonts ffs

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 21 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Cry me a fckin river, the extent some people are going too have puns fcked out is actually becoming fckin comical in its own way, wise up yis boring coonts ffs

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:00pm
Going to set up a second thread so everyone gets what they want
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

A no pun thread on Towell? That'll be very dry

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:41pm

Disgraceful decision to create a separate segregated thread.  It's not what I want so your decision doesn't include me.  Locking threads and creating segregated threads shows a lack of tolerance from decision-makers.  You're not able to share the space with other users.  You want things to be pure that suit you.

I input regularly on the Conor Sammon thread, years ago when he was part of the Rep of Irl squad I posted sympathetic posts that didn't have puns because the punners were in the minority.  But as he was able to concentrate on his club career the punners were the majority and I too changed my style.  Like other contributors I still chronicled his career with info, links and vids but still using puns.
I didn't see puns as devaluing my contribution, just compliant with the environment.

If those resisting puns want to change the environment than they need to post until the punning posts are the minority.  If there are rude posts against them "Pun or GTFO" those posts can be removed and posters disciplined, no poster should feel unsafe when making a contribution.

Puns, like low-support, doesn't devalue the contribution.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Disgraceful decision to create a separate segregated thread.  It's not what I want so your decision doesn't include me.  Locking threads and creating segregated threads shows a lack of tolerance from decision-makers.  You're not able to share the space with other users.  You want things to be pure that suit you.

I input regularly on the Conor Sammon thread, years ago when he was part of the Rep of Irl squad I posted sympathetic posts that didn't have puns because the punners were in the minority.  But as he was able to concentrate on his club career the punners were the majority and I too changed my style.  Like other contributors I still chronicled his career with info, links and vids but still using puns.
I didn't see puns as devaluing my contribution, just compliant with the environment.

If those resisting puns want to change the environment than they need to post until the punning posts are the minority.  If there are rude posts against them "Pun or GTFO" those posts can be removed and posters disciplined, no poster should feel unsafe when making a contribution.

Solidarity brother, or sister.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm

A 3 paragrapher Deise would be proud of
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:06pm
Will the result of this poll be legally binding? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Will the result of this poll be legally binding? 

We'll need to call in Alan Judge to decide.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

#punequality2018
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 12:34pm
I think we need to come out with a Pun National front

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I think we need to come out with a Pun National front

The YBIGPUNDITSFRONT
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm
Popular Front for the Liberation of Puns

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic