You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Puns - Yay or Nay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: As the title says.........
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [38.18%]
34 [61.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puns - Yay or Nay
    Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:42pm
Scientific poll here- think we'll go with GAA Congress rules for the craic, so 2/3rds majority* required to remove puns. 

*Unless Bertie gives us a grant of 80 million to help make up our minds one way or another. 

Edited by deise316 - 19 Feb 2018 at 11:49pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:50pm
Any idea why I can't vote in this so......
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:53pm
Think BSM is after using his Mod superpowers in order to prevent you from voting. This is a very serious subject, so maybe give SuperDave a shout and see can you get some class of injunction in order to allow you vote. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:59pm
Still can’t vote.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 12:03am
Aye
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 12:05am
What a farce with certain people being banned from voting
It’s pun-demonium

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Feb 2018 at 12:05am
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What a farce with certain people being banned from voting
It’s pun-demonium
your not a bollix afterall
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:31am
Yay yay yay yay and fck the unimaginative coonts that can’t comprehend what it’s all about, you know who you are ya pair of boring moaning gobshoites
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 8:36am
A load of bollix Bill.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 8:41am
KTP

Keep the pun
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 9:47am

You can't have a poll with selective voting ffs LOL

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:47am

As stated in a separate thread, puns should only be allowed if original. What is currently happening is that the same 4/5 puns are reused and flogged to death. Richie Towell scores a goal and there is activity in his thread for the first time in a couple of weeks and people drag out the exact same sh1te they posted the last time he did something. It's brain dead stuff. 

"Oh I bet he can't wait to be on the  BEACH on his holidays" AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

A two day suspension should be issued for anyone who repeats a pun that has featured on the last 5 pages of a thread. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:51am
The puns, when unoriginal, are only enjoyable because people get so irked by them. That is what makes them so enjoyable.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:51am

If my plan is instated then we can set up a confidential grass line where people can contact the Mods in a safe space to rat out other posters and have them banned. It will be like post WW2 East Germany. 
El Puto Amo
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:52am
MC speaketh the sense. That's the only issue I have with the puns.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

If my plan is instated then we can set up a confidential grass line where people can contact the Mods in a safe space to rat out other posters and have them banned. It will be like post WW2 East Germany. 

Touts Out!
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

As stated in a separate thread, puns should only be allowed if original. What is currently happening is that the same 4/5 puns are reused and flogged to death. Richie Towell scores a goal and there is activity in his thread for the first time in a couple of weeks and people drag out the exact same sh1te they posted the last time he did something. It's brain dead stuff. 

"Oh I bet he can't wait to be on the  BEACH on his holidays" AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

A two day suspension should be issued for anyone who repeats a pun that has featured on the last 5 pages of a thread. 

That's a classic in fairness LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:57am

Look, can we not just ban everyone? I'm mad to see a few posters getting banned.
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic