You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Threads being ruined

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Threads being ruined
    Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:33pm
Thread after thread being ruined by the same people, all off topic, all full of petty, pathetic personal insults.

Half of posts seems to be coming from the same 2/3 people. The amount of people who don't come on here because of it any more is huge.

How do we fix this?
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:37pm
Ask people to stop being controversial for attention seeking? It was kind of the root cause of the whole thing.

My opinion's do differ from time to time but I look at the wider picture. I know me and Baggio have had our handbags but I think he's alright really. But I look at the Man Utd thread and I just see aload of attention seeking sh*t
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:39pm
I tend not to go into the United thread because it tends to be the same aul sh*te from the same posters
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:40pm

I agree Vidic, too much sh1te talk
El Puto Amo
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:40pm
He's talking about me laughing at Baggios comment and saying it's the behaviour of a 14 year old girl, has really irked him for some reason

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

He's talking about me laughing at Baggios comment and saying it's the behaviour of a 14 year old girl, has really irked him for some reason

Every thread is off topic, every thread is ruined. The forum is redundant because of it.

It's clear you're eager for the status quo to continue but most aren't.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Ask people to stop being controversial for attention seeking? It was kind of the root cause of the whole thing.

My opinion's do differ from time to time but I look at the wider picture. I know me and Baggio have had our handbags but I think he's alright really. But I look at the Man Utd thread and I just see aload of attention seeking sh*t

The ignore button was needed on here a long time ago.

In regard to attention seeking, I think the same could be said about the countless unfunny puns being used too in a lot of threads.

They get locked for good reason, they then get reopened and the same puns get rolled out. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Every thread is off topic, every thread is ruined. The forum is redundant because of it.

It was in relation to the Man City match, in the Man City thread.

You seem to have made a mountain out of a molehill here and completely singled me out as the main perpetrator in all of this.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:46pm
It’s the whole ROTW section, ban the attention seeking posters. LOI section has improved immeasurably since the attention seekers were banned
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:47pm
I'll stop beating around the bush and give my opinion of it all.

I think posts like Lukaku's goals don't mean much although he's passed the 20 goal benchmark and other sh*t like Mourinho's been a failure although he's won 3 trophies in 2 seasons scream attention seeking to me.

And those comments have been brought up in many other threads in the ROW section hence why the situation has presented itself - Not just those comments, the reactions have been brought up and so on but I think these are examples which have strongly contributed.
Don't get me wrong I'm no stranger to a different opinion but when it's just utter bullsh*t like that - Bare in mind I'm not even a Man Utd fan - it's like have a word with yourself please.

Edited by coyne - 19 Feb 2018 at 9:48pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:49pm

It was in relation to the Man City match, in the Man City thread.

You seem to have made a mountain out of a molehill here and completely singled me out as the main perpetrator in all of this.

Sorry, you're not and the 2/3 people comment was in relation to other people, not you. Not sure how I singled you out as I deleted a dozen plus posts on that thread.

But yes, that thread was the one that broke the camels back for me.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:52pm
Hundreds of times I have asked it to stop on United thread. Tis a farce. You click new posts and see 50 new posts in last hour and think something major has happened but its only dung.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm
I can't say I go into that thread but seems a common theme.

What do people want done with it?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Hundreds of times I have asked it to stop on United thread. Tis a farce. You click new posts and see 50 new posts in last hour and think something major has happened but its only dung.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:54pm

I'd like to delete the entire section, but I don't think it would go down too well LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:56pm

easiest solution... Get rid of that Mourinho ****
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
An ignore button Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
Ignore function would be great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic