Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 26>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

One page of "sensible" football fans posting their tips and about 5 teams chosen. It's a wide open tournament. Bookies will love it.

These are the favs
Germany  5/1
Brazil 5/1
France 6/1
Spain 8/1
Argentina 9/1

I don't see anybody else winning it.
I would actually take out Argentina and say the winner will be one of the top4

Next favs are Belgium (12), England (20) and Portugal (29).

Sponsored Links

engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:49am
Golden boot winner? 

Mo Salah an outsider? 

Harry Kane?
LovelyLiam View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:30am
Couldn’t go too far wrong by backing muller top scorer and Germany to reach the final. Germany so consistent in the big tournaments. Would love to see Argentina play to the way their individual talent would suggest they could but unlikely to happen. Any thoughts on dark horse? I reckon Nigeria and Mexico could cause a lot of issues for the bigger teams.
"They found me in a shop"
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Golden boot winner? 

Mo Salah an outsider? 

Harry Kane?

Doubt Salah/Egypt will make it out of their group so top GS will be a stretch.

France/Greizemann should be good value but for some reason no bookie has that priced up(per oddschecker)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:16pm
Salenko in 94 was the only person to ever win the golden boot without making it out of the group stage.

As one-hit wonders go he's got to be right up there. The were the only international goals he scored, and the game he scored 5 was the last international game he ever played
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:24pm

Salenko in 94 was the only person to ever win the golden boot without making it out of the group stage.

As one-hit wonders go he's got to be right up there. The were the only international goals he scored, and the game he scored 5 was the last international game he ever played

Interesting character alright. From his Wiki page:

"As of 2017, he is the only player to win the Golden Boot at both the U-20 World Cup and FIFA World Cup."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Interesting character alright. From his Wiki page:

"As of 2017, he is the only player to win the Golden Boot at both the U-20 World Cup and FIFA World Cup."
Roger Milla scored in that game becoming the oldest player to score in the World Cup. Some damn fine records broken in that game.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:20pm
Brazil haven't won their cup in a while they are due to take it home again
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:11pm
I'm thinking France or Brazil myself if not either of them then can't look past the Germans again
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:22pm
Brazil for me, players like Coutinho, Neymar, gabriel Jesus, firmino, Willian in attack and a choice of Marcelo, Dani Alves, Danilo and Filipe Luis at full back
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:06pm
Jesus will be very fresh for the Finals, back him for the Golden Boot available at 20/1 think I'll be getting on that myself as soon as I hear he's got a return date with Man City 

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 16 Feb 2018 at 4:08pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:14pm
Brazil, France or Ze Germans.

You can never write the Germans off at a major finals
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Jesus will be very fresh for the Finals, back him for the Golden Boot available at 20/1 think I'll be getting on that myself as soon as I hear he's got a return date with Man City 
He isn't great on crosses.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:48pm
Anyone thinking of having a few bets on outright markets the RP guide is brilliant. I have bought it for the last few tournaments, it gives a great round up of each team with some good articles as well.

Usually about a tenner, be out April/May if previous years are anything to go by.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

He isn't great on crosses.

He is nailed on to win it.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 5:31pm
Do like the look of Brazil. 

There's so many #10's in the squad it's not even an issue if Neymar or Jesus gets injured - They've had Coutinho there, Firmino there and even Paulinho have a stormer there.
Casemiro and Fernandinho have had great seasons for their respective clubs which solidifies that midfield.

It'll take some doing to beat them.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

There's so many #10's in the squad it's not even an issue if Neymar or Jesus gets injured - They've had Coutinho there, Firmino there and even Paulinho have a stormer there.
Casemiro and Fernandinho have had great seasons for their respective clubs which solidifies that midfield.

If Neymar gets injured they are f**ked.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

If Neymar gets injured they are f**ked.

A massive issue if Neymer gets injured their best and most influencial player. No doubt they have a good team and will rightly be one of the favourites.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 26>
  Share Topic