Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup 2018 Betting
    Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:41pm
Anyone backing Ante-Post?

I've €40 on Brazil so far at 5/1, hoping to have €200/€300 on them by the tournament. 

I'd only have the odd bet here and there over the course of a week nowadays so I can see the benefit in throwing €10/€20 by the week and having one big bet on a team.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:21pm
If I was having a bet anytime from last summer up to the actual ko of the World Cup, I would have been all over Brazil. They tick every single box when you watched them during qualifying. The actual tournament is light years away though, form, injuries, etc. - so I was very tempted to keep ploughing away into Brazil outright bit by bit but decided against it based on the above. Iirc correctly Brazil were between 6s and 7s thorughout 2016, which was a great price for a side I'd consider favs at that time.

I really think the best thing is to hold firm until closer to ko. Argentina who were absolutely horrible in qualifying are an interesting one. They have a very tough group in the world cup and I actually think that will stand to them if they get through it.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:45pm
World Cup Finals betting, a Cultural Bias environment.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:51pm
Europe again. Germany, France or Spain. I’ll be backing Spain.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:18pm
Argentina could do it. Messi higuain dybala icardi aguero di maria. Thats some list alone.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Argentina could do it. Messi higuain dybala icardi aguero di maria. Thats some list alone.

They couldn't do it against the likes of Venezuela or Bolivia, they're one of the last teams I'd look at.

Argentina are overdue a good thumping for their unpunished pathetic qualifying campaign, Messi will carry them (as per) a few rounds in then the good thumping will take place.
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:22pm
Going for Germany outright and e/w on Argentina
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:29pm
France have an excellent team plenty of talented young players who had a good run at Euros
No real weak spot in their team although Deschamps wouldn't fill me with confidence.

There price is now 6s but was value before Xmas at 11s.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

They couldn't do it against the likes of Venezuela or Bolivia, they're one of the last teams I'd look at.

Argentina are overdue a good thumping for their unpunished pathetic qualifying campaign, Messi will carry them (as per) a few rounds in then the good thumping will take place.
i feel it in me bones
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:02am

i feel it in me bones

Argentina were doing what they, Brazil and plenty of other huge national sides had done many times in the past - employed a manager way out of their depth. They ditched Bauza and brought in Sampaoli to save their campaign and they just about managed it.

With the few weeks before the tournament together, friendlies and those 3 tough group games in the World Cup, they will be well primed for the knockout rounds if they make it there. Sampaoli has proved himself to be a top international manager. He really hasn't yet had the chance to put his stamp on this side. When he does, with the talent available to them, they could be a serious contender yet.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:32am
I'll be having a nibble on Spain at 15/2
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:36am
Fancy Belgium and Germany...will be supporting Argentina.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

i feel it in me bones

Argentina were doing what they, Brazil and plenty of other huge national sides had done many times in the past - employed a manager way out of their depth. They ditched Bauza and brought in Sampaoli to save their campaign and they just about managed it.

With the few weeks before the tournament together, friendlies and those 3 tough group games in the World Cup, they will be well primed for the knockout rounds if they make it there. Sampaoli has proved himself to be a top international manager. He really hasn't yet had the chance to put his stamp on this side. When he does, with the talent available to them, they could be a serious contender yet.

The problem lies in the midfield, its actually non-existant. Di Maria does things no one understands, Sampaoli called up Gago to try and restore a bit of common sense to the midfield but he ruptured his ACL after 6 minutes, so that plan went to sh*t basically.

The burden of sharing the goals is probably another concern, the unknown Benedetto instead of playing Dybala or Icardi missing chance after chance after Messi kept serving them up on a plate against Peru like he was some sort of AI (the assists were that good) was pretty horrifying to see.  

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:09am
I'm liking Argentina's odds. I'm thinking fairy tale messi (seeing as it will be his last).
Aguerro 25/1 so it's an amazing double.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 6:58am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

There has been 10 world cups held in Europe.
A European team has won 9 times and 17 of the Finalists were European.

The Germans or France for me.

Belgium to get to the quarterfinals.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:43am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

I'll be having a nibble on Spain at 15/2

Likewise, getting Thiago back from injury is hugely important would also be good if Diego Costa started banging in a few goals!

They are strong all over, if they put this team out I can't see anyone beating them!

De Gea, Carvajal, Pique, Ramos, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Thiago, Isco, Asensio and Costa.

Could probably make a good case for starting David Silva, Azpilicueta and Saul too.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

There has been 10 world cups held in Europe.
A European team has won 9 times and 17 of the Finalists were European.

The Germans or France for me.

Belgium to get to the quarterfinals.

What continent the WC is held in owadays doesn’t matter any more because players play all over the world now.
2010 Spain won in Africa
2014 Germany won in Sth America
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:00am
One page of "sensible" football fans posting their tips and about 5 teams chosen. It's a wide open tournament. Bookies will love it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
  Share Topic