FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup 2018 Betting
    Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 1:08am
Missed out on a tidy sum for a small outlay on Croatia, somewhat softened by the E/W portion, and partially laid off on France.
Made a small profit on draws in the KO stages.
My only regret was being in Spain for the openers and getting sucked into agreeing with the locals and the south American immigrants.
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:24pm
Got a lovely email from SkyBet earlier to say that they changed my Mbappe e/w top scorer bet from a loser to place because of a penalty he won earlier in the competition. Also found out I'd backed Aguero to be Argentina's top scorer, so those 2 have softened the blow from the rest of the competition
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Had a WhatsOddsPaddy of 250/1 on the final....
Croatia to score in both halves, and Croatia to have over 3.5 corners in both halves.
First half they got their 4th corner in injury time
2 early corners in second
Goal in 70th minute
They had 20mns to get me 2 corners

I took the same bet but for France and 1.5+ corners, 7/1.

The penalty they got should've been a corner, would've won it for me!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 11:27am
Had a WhatsOddsPaddy of 250/1 on the final....
Croatia to score in both halves, and Croatia to have over 3.5 corners in both halves.
First half they got their 4th corner in injury time
2 early corners in second
Goal in 70th minute
They had 20mns to get me 2 corners

Vlazerko had a few chances to whip in a dangerous ball but always checked back, any ball that came in the CB's headed it out rather than behind for corners, there was one shot that the replays showed as hitting a defender and should have been a corner but the ref missed it.

As an aside, I got a €5 free bet from the "France win in Normal Time" cashback thing, to be used of football in the next 7 days. Any ideas?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:35am
I couldn't resist the even money France to win in 90 mins yesterday. Thought it was a super bet given the side of the draw they'd come through, and the fact that Croatia had played extra time in their last three games.
Had £75 on, and then got a £25 free bet which I put on both teams to score at 5/4

Also had France in a double with Djokovic to win the tennis to complete a good days punting

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:28am
Did A Scorecast - Perisic first goal, France to win 2-1, tenner at 130/1.

sh*tting for half an hour but knew there were more goals to come second half.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Have a 5er each way on Croatia @14/1 and have a 10er on france @ 7/1 straight so im quids in. also got a couple of bets up during the knock out stages so overall a good tournament for me thanks paddy power.ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Paddy is thanking you back.

They have absolutely cleaned up this WC so they need a few punters to promote their wins to sell the line “you can win too”

Fair play for betting on Croatia. Was that after the Argentina match? I assume before Spain went out.
Yip after argies game, just thought they looked solid and would be hard to break down/beat
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Have a 5er each way on Croatia @14/1 and have a 10er on france @ 7/1 straight so im quids in. also got a couple of bets up during the knock out stages so overall a good tournament for me thanks paddy power.ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Paddy is thanking you back.

They have absolutely cleaned up this WC so they need a few punters to promote their wins to sell the line “you can win too”

Fair play for betting on Croatia. Was that after the Argentina match? I assume before Spain went out.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 13 Jul 2018 at 12:45pm

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

What are the best odds on France to win outright (not in 90 mins) at the moment ?

Shortened in to 5/11 with 10Bet. 4/9 with anyone most of us have heard of...minor difference in fairness

Edited by Colum - 13 Jul 2018 at 11:12am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:58am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:54am
What are the best odds on France to win outright (not in 90 mins) at the moment ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:30am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Jesus yeah its too early in the morning for me worst thing is I read that over about 5 times to try find what I was missing LOL

Got a good laugh from thatLOL

Nearly the weekendBeer
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:28am
Jesus yeah its too early in the morning for me worst thing is I read that over about 5 times to try find what I was missing LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:12am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

have mbappe to be French top scorer at 6/1.  Needs one more goal than griezmann in the final.  

Also had him to be top scorer and France to win it at 100/1. Which won't happen. 

Why?? Would've thought you're in with a great chance for this.

He'd need to score four goals and have Kane score none
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

have mbappe to be French top scorer at 6/1.  Needs one more goal than griezmann in the final.  

Also had him to be top scorer and France to win it at 100/1. Which won't happen. 

Why?? Would've thought you're in with a great chance for this.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:24am

AKA pedantic kunt
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Worth a £10/20 bet I think Thumbs Up
Wait till ya see the teamsheet at least. Could start Batshuai

Yep. I'd need to see the respective team sheets before making any wagers on this game. Either could play a second string, or not.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Worth a £10/20 bet I think Thumbs Up
Wait till ya see the teamsheet at least. Could start Batshuai
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
  Share Topic