You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Anyone heard anything on venue for this yet. Know there's no need to panic but as I'm missing Turkey this week trying to sort things for the other away games
For the Nations' League and Euro qualifiers the host has to announce venue (chosen from a list already submitted on 1st of March just gone) at least 120 days in advance.

Not sure if that applies to friendlies but as there is a requirement to play friendlies when a team has no fixture on a competitive match day I am guessing that rule may still apply.

So could be May before we know.

Nearly sure friendlies are half that.

Open to correction
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 11:32pm
With some travelling to Poland from Cardiff/Bristol there won't be any pressure on flights.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 12:00am
Poland is cheap enough to get around and actually quick enough if you are going from Warsaw.

Krakow is about 2:40, Poznan about 3:15, Wroclaw about 3:30 and Gdansk about 2:50. Now, it's not super fast but it's not awful either. Booking to Warsaw wouldn't be a disaster if it was moved to one of those other places, anyway.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 4:59pm
Sky sports have it up on the web as National Stadium in Warsaw
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:37am
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Sky sports have it up on the web as National Stadium in Warsaw

They also have Poland V Chile on June 8th down for Warsaw. 

Which would be grand if it were accurate, but that game is in Poznan. 

As funny as it would be to see some of the panickers going off booking Warsaw for our game, yer probably best off waiting on confirmation from the FAI or the Polish FA on this one. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:47am
The only solution really is to booke flights to every airport in Poland, amd just to be sure to be sure also book flights to airports in neighbouring countries that are within a two-three hour choo choo trip.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

The only solution really is to booke flights to every airport in Poland, amd just to be sure to be sure also book flights to airports in neighbouring countries that are within a two-three hour choo choo trip.

That’s exactly what I’ve done. Glad someone is thinking like me...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Done that ages ago Clap
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:52am
Just been informed via a contact in Poland that match will take place in Nieprawdziwy

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Just been informed via a contact in Poland that match will take place in Nieprawdziwy

Polish equivalent of Athlone apparently...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:50pm

<pre ="tw--text tw-ta tw-text-medium" -placeholder="Translation" id="tw-target-text" style="text-align: left; height: 36px;" -fulltext="" dir="ltr"><span lang="pl">
</span>

Thanks to having a Polish gf, I'm very familiar with Nieprawdziwy, but I'd say now there will be a few on the forum flying straight into Spierdalaj airport with your insider info.   
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Polish equivalent of Athlone apparently ...

Oh lá lá, you're really selling it
El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by DonkeyOatey DonkeyOatey wrote:

<pre ="tw--text tw-ta tw-text-medium" -placeholder="Translation" id="tw-target-text" style="text-align: left; height: 36px;" -fulltext="" dir="ltr"><span lang="pl">
</span>

Thanks to having a Polish gf, I'm very familiar with Nieprawdziwy, but I'd say now there will be a few on the forum flying straight into Spierdalaj airport with your insider info.   

I'd say she is familiar with half of Nieprawdziwy
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by DonkeyOatey DonkeyOatey wrote:

</span>

I'd say she is familiar with half of Nieprawdziwy

I'd rather be one of many to a girl, than zero of any to nobody.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 5:49pm

Is this the same contact who said the 2009 Italy vs. Ireland match would be in Rome? Big smile

Edited by newrynyuk - 05 Apr 2018 at 5:50pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

<pre id="tw-target-text" style="height: 36px; text-align: left;" dir="ltr" -fulltext="" -placeholder="Translation" tw-text-medium"="" tw-ta="" ="tw--text=""><span lang="pl">
</span>

Is this the same contact who said the 2009 Italy vs. Ireland match would be in Rome? Big smile

Ryanair have announced 2 flights into Nieprawdziwy so it must be legit. I've booked there now.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:23pm
So nothing confirmed then
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:48pm

Got cheap flights return into Łatwowierny, only an hour on the trainThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
  Share Topic