You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Any need to clog up the threads with tell tale stories of lads who had too much ale , every away game the same its absolutely mind numbing .

yes. it's pricks like this give the rest of us a bad name. it's becoming to frequent. more lads are going to get off their heads and act the maggot rather than going to support the team and enjoy the surroundings. the football is just an ex use for some. It really pisses me off.

Couldnt agree more , depressing at time people acting the prick but think because they have an irish shirt on  they will get away with it , pricks who think they are 'characters'

We really do have an unhealthy attitude to drink , get as drunk as you can as quickly as you can seems to be the thing.

Well enough of the sermon , I have a pint bottle of Stella to finish ......
Cheery one for a Friday. In saying that I’m still drying out from All Ireland weekend so your probably right LOL
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:28pm

Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

great city, great women, quality drink. you can't go wrong in Poland any city I've visited has been fantastic here. Home in the morning and ready for it.. Will say one thing. last night in the Guinness bar was a bit of a disaster. An irish guy jumped into so guys convertible which was parked up we tried stopping him but the English lads he was with where goading him on. Polish owner appears going daft. police called the lads had left. 20 mins later they pull up with a few of them in the back. we where sitting there minding our own only for the polish car owner to start on us, saying we will pay and us irish where motherf**kers. etc. tried explaining to him that lad was a cock and in a minority. he wasn't having any of it.

bar that it was quality

They were arrested? There was damage to the car?

I didn't notice any damage. but even so what sort of a tool jumps into the back of a parked motor. I dont mean opening the door, literally stepping on the boot and jumping in. No matter how much drink you've had surely you know that will not end well. there was two lads he was with arrested both who where English. wearing the last umbro shirt we had with Brady on the back of it. irish lad was wearing the old black away shirt without the 3 logo on it. think he was a cork lad
Sounds like a ****. I wonder how 2 English lads end up wearing an Ireland top. Are you sure they weren't Irish ?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

great city, great women, quality drink. you can't go wrong in Poland any city I've visited has been fantastic here. Home in the morning and ready for it.. Will say one thing. last night in the Guinness bar was a bit of a disaster. An irish guy jumped into so guys convertible which was parked up we tried stopping him but the English lads he was with where goading him on. Polish owner appears going daft. police called the lads had left. 20 mins later they pull up with a few of them in the back. we where sitting there minding our own only for the polish car owner to start on us, saying we will pay and us irish where motherf**kers. etc. tried explaining to him that lad was a cock and in a minority. he wasn't having any of it.

bar that it was quality

I didn't notice any damage. but even so what sort of a tool jumps into the back of a parked motor. I dont mean opening the door, literally stepping on the boot and jumping in. No matter how much drink you've had surely you know that will not end well. there was two lads he was with arrested both who where English. wearing the last umbro shirt we had with Brady on the back of it. irish lad was wearing the old black away shirt without the 3 logo on it. think he was a cork lad
Sounds like a ****. I wonder how 2 English lads end up wearing an Ireland top. Are you sure they weren't Irish ?

I’d imagine they were Irish lads with English accents some lads still can’t grasp that.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

bar that it was quality

I’d imagine they were Irish lads with English accents some lads still can’t grasp that.

Like Declan Rice 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 9:25am
I’m no different than anyone else does my nut in but get it with any football crowd I suppose ,stay away from the main hot spots is what I tend to do to avoid these types .
I just find it excruciating that people want to go on like aul ones after each trip when it was as far as I’m concerned one of the best trips in recent years and so many good things to chat about , maybe I’m in the minority , probably best staying off these threads post match in future .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

I’m no different than anyone else does my nut in but get it with any football crowd I suppose ,stay away from the main hot spots is what I tend to do to avoid these types .
I just find it excruciating that people want to go on like aul ones after each trip when it was as far as I’m concerned one of the best trips in recent years and so many good things to chat about , maybe I’m in the minority , probably best staying off these threads post match in future .

Agreed with this. I don't particularly care what 'name' it gets us. I mentioned to a few in Poland I haven't really noticed the stuff that gets posted on here at recent matches but acknowledge I don't tend to swarm to the nearest Irish bar or the kick a ball spot any more.

If people are so close minded that they generalise about all fans because of the actions of a minority they don't have the brain power worth giving a sh*te about. Live and let live..
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:42am
don’t see an issue calling out people acting the prick before during or after the event 

It might just sink in that they are pricks and not ‘characters’ 

Tend to avoid Irish bars as a rule so haven’t seen much to be embarrassed about but seen a few acting the prick in planes that the airlines could easily nip in the bud 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:48am
Usually find that the people who are trying to play down the fckin thick’s carry on when on trips are generally fckin idiots who get in a mess themselves
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:50am
Probably in the same boat myself, tend to avoid the main spot but yet not venture too far from it didn't travel to Wroclaw but for the welsh game headed out to Cardiff Bay for a a bit of brunch and a few beers before heading back into the prince of wales nearer to kick off time. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a bit of a party atmosphere in some square, its just not really for me anymore and I wouldn't even put it down to my age as there's lads in our group a lot younger than me who would feel the same.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:56pm
Now a dedicated solo traveller for past five or six years after going to away games with mates for years. For me the most enjoyable part of away games (apart from a win) is eating and drinking where the locals eat and drink and enjoying a different culture. I might pop into the Irish bar for one or two, but I prefer walking about off the beaten track a bit till I find a local spot that looks half-decent. I never witnessed any eejitry in Wroclaw (or Cardiff, Paris and Antalya) tbh, just fans enjoying themselves.  
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:43pm
Poland played Portugal in Chorzow in a 55,000 capacity stadium.   Has a running track but looks like the old Legia Warsaw stadium from the 1990's.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic